View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 227 of 343
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231237277327 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
oldman 01:51 PM 10-20-2022
This shouldn't even be a discussion, let the guy walk unless he goes back to RT for about $4M per year. Sure he "always wanted to be a LT", I'm sure a lot of TEs would like to be WRs and a whole bunch of FBs would like to be QBs. The guy is a RT, period. **** him, join Wylie on the Greyhound.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:54 PM 10-20-2022
It's going to be really neat when rush 3 cover 8 with a spy on Mahomes becomes the new norm. Because these 2 fat sacks of shit at OT will ensure it actually works regularly since they can get pressure doing it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:56 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's going to be really neat when rush 3 cover 8 with a spy on Mahomes becomes the new norm. Because these 2 fat sacks of shit at OT will ensure it actually works regularly since they can get pressure doing it.
season over bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! time for the kcchiefs to suck some MAJOR dick!!!!! and BALLS!
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
This shouldn't even be a discussion, let the guy walk unless he goes back to RT for about $4M per year. Sure he "always wanted to be a LT", I'm sue a lot of TEs would like to be WRs and a whole bunch of FBs would like to be QBs. The guy is a RT, period. **** him, join Wylie on the Greyhound.
Sounds great in theory but some team is going to give him a LOT more than $4M per.

The only answer is to let him walk and get the comp pick.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:59 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
season over bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! time for the kcchiefs to suck some MAJOR dick!!!!! and BALLS!
Nah. Mahomes will persevere more times than not, because he's just that damn good. But it'll be a damn tall task with no true #1 and being at a 5 to 8 disadvantage passing the ball.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:01 PM 10-20-2022
Nah. Mahomes will persevere more times than not, because he's just that damn good. But it'll be a damn tall task with no true #1 and being at a 5 to 8 disadvantage passing the ball.
It's also possible that at least OBJ improves to something closer to last year. I mean Wylie could too. All hope is not lost but like you said, it looks like a tall task right now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:02 PM 10-20-2022
FUCK! WORST 12-WIN SEASON EVAH INCUMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POO-POO PANTS CHIEFS GONNA SHIT UP EVERYTHING BUT STILL WIN!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:05 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
This shouldn't even be a discussion, let the guy walk unless he goes back to RT for about $4M per year. Sure he "always wanted to be a LT", I'm sue a lot of TEs would like to be WRs and a whole bunch of FBs would like to be QBs. The guy is a RT, period. **** him, join Wylie on the Greyhound.
Okay so again - how does this make any sense?

In Baltimore he was the same pretty good player on the Left side as he was the Right.

And how can you just have watched Von Miller simply saunter on over to Wylie's side and proceed to murder his ass and not realize that the distinction between LT and RT is getting less and less meaningful with every passing year.

Moving him to RT doesn't help you. Him signing somewhere as a RT doesn't help him.

He simply needs to play better - full stop. He needs to get back to the level he was at last year and the three years before THAT.

He was playing at a championship caliber level last season, especially over the 2nd half. He played at an extremely high level for 3 years before that. He's capable of playing very well - at LT - and that's what we need from him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:06 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's also possible that at least OBJ improves to something closer to last year. I mean Wylie could too. All hope is not lost but like you said, it looks like a tall task right now.
Where did this myth originate from that OBJ got better as the season went along last year? He was mediocre at best in the playoffs and actually really bad against the Bengals.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:08 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

In Baltimore he was the same pretty good player on the Left side as he was the Right.

And how can you just have watched Von Miller simply saunter on over to Wylie's side and proceed to murder his ass and not realize that the distinction between LT and RT is getting less and less meaningful with every passing year.

Moving him to RT doesn't help you. Him signing somewhere as a RT doesn't help him.

He simply needs to play better - full stop. He needs to get back to the level he was at last year and the three years before THAT.

He was playing at a championship caliber level last season, especially over the 2nd half. He played at an extremely high level for 3 years before that. He's capable of playing very well - at LT - and that's what we need from him.
This.

I guess i shoulda just made my post at the time instead of doing the "This" game, but yeah.

It doesn't matter if it's RT or LT as defenses will just line their speed rushers against him regardless, and almost every team in the league has speed rushers at both end positions any damn way.

If you don't want him as a LT, then there's no sense in making him a RT either.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:08 PM 10-20-2022

Yep. We're stuck with him for 11 more games. If he improves, he's likely here long-term. If he doesn't, they have a decision to make. But nothing is happening until after the season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:09 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
https://twitter.com/pff/status/15829...ElnnANz2yJHL1A

As opposed to the player giving up 4-5 pressures a game
Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings here, but this is about as bad an argument as can be made.

"GUYS!!! CHRISTIAN DARRISAW HAS GIVEN UP 1 SACK IN HIS LAST 356 PASS BLOCK SNAPS!!!"

Um....Orlando Brown has given up 1 sack in his last 492.

Back to the drawing board there, ace. That's a really stupid stat.
[Reply]
TEX 02:22 PM 10-20-2022
Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings here, but this is about as bad an argument as can be made.

"GUYS!!! CHRISTIAN DARRISAW HAS GIVEN UP 1 SACK IN HIS LAST 356 PASS BLOCK SNAPS!!!"

Um....Orlando Brown has given up 1 sack in his last 492.

Back to the drawing board there, ace. That's a really stupid stat.
What about pressures?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:33 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
What about pressures?
He's probably given up more than Darrisaw. So make THAT argument. It ain't hard.

My point is that OKChiefs is talking out his ass. He has no idea if the tweet he threw up there is even demonstrative of a good player.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 02:40 PM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
What about pressures?
Good thing our qb is a demigod while pressured.

If the debate is next year and on, I am all for exploring options to upgrade.

But this bitching about upgrading our line mid season isn’t worth being discussed. Even if there were a ton of good options available, I promise you there are 15 teams that need tackle help more than us. As I’ve mentioned earlier, we’ve faced an insane schedule of rushers. IIRC Brown started out slow last season as well. And he’s been playing through an injury.

I think Brown can finish the season relatively strong, and then we can address this in the off season
[Reply]
Page 227 of 343
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231237277327 > Last »
Up