View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 187 of 343
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197237287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:49 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Then we're running into an Andrew Wylie problem.

Wylie isn't horrible, he's just not very good. Still, he's been known to be competent for long stretches of games and even hold his own okay against some top pass rushers. He'll never shut guys down, and he doesn't do any one thing all that well, but he's doing an important job at a dirt cheap price.

He has insane "value" to this roster in terms of production for the money.

Is that what we're okay with as our starting LT? I thought the entire issue was that we should be aiming to get the best OL possible for Mahomes. Yet here we are again cutting corners to spend elsewhere.
It's a balance. The two ideas (getting the best line possible and getting cheaper) aren't mutually exclusive.

You simply cannot pay a guy like OBJ what he wants. He's not worth it. And that puts a chain around the rest of the team.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:50 PM 09-30-2022
Can we have Mitchell Schwartz fall into our laps during free agency again? That was awesome when it happened. We should try to do that again.

Does somebody have a list of all the Jewish OTs entering free agency in 2023?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:51 PM 09-30-2022
How's this for crazy?

If Wylie were playing LT instead of right and the RT spot was being manned at say a "Wylie" level, how would you feel?

I'd feel a lot better than I do right now because 1. we'd have the money saved and 2. we could see a clear path to improvement either through the draft or free agency.

It would be a clear temporary move.

It seems like any move we make with OBJ is going to have longer lasting consequences because of how much money he wants. I mean, the only way to avoid that contract may be to simply let him walk for nothing in return.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:53 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
How's this for crazy?

If Wylie were playing LT instead of right and the RT spot was being manned at say a "Wylie" level, how would you feel?

I'd feel a lot better than I do right now because 1. we'd have the money saved and 2. we could see a clear path to improvement either through the draft or free agency.

It would be a clear temporary move.

It seems like any move we make with OBJ is going to have longer lasting consequences because of how much money he wants. I mean, the only way to avoid that contract may be to simply let him walk for nothing in return.
Wouldn't say nothing, should get a 3rd comp pick for him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:54 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Wouldn't say nothing, should get a 3rd comp pick for him.
True. Still, not much.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:57 PM 09-30-2022
It's a balance. The two ideas (getting the best line possible and getting cheaper) aren't mutually exclusive.

You simply cannot pay a guy like OBJ what he wants. He's not worth it. And that puts a chain around the rest of the team.
We're not going to give him what he's asking for, and I highly doubt another team will either. He can get a nice contract worth lots of money that will keep him set for life, but he's not going to get THE top contract.

Unfortunately for him, if that's his ultimate demand or else, he's going to get nothing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:01 PM 09-30-2022
We're not going to give him what he's asking for, and I highly doubt another team will either. He can get a nice contract worth lots of money that will keep him set for life, but he's not going to get THE top contract.

Unfortunately for him, if that's his ultimate demand or else, he's going to get nothing.
How much do you think he's worth?

He's already being paid the average of the top 5 players at his position. IMO, that's as high as I would go at this point. He's regressed from last year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:07 PM 09-30-2022
How much do you think he's worth?

He's already being paid the average of the top 5 players at his position. IMO, that's as high as I would go at this point. He's regressed from last year.
I can't remember what Veach's offer was this offseason, but I'd certainly start from there and go down.

OBJ bet on himself. He's currently losing, and unless something miraculous happens and he practically turns into a different player, he's not going to win. That's going to cost him.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:27 PM 09-30-2022
I can't remember what Veach's offer was this offseason, but I'd certainly start from there and go down.

OBJ bet on himself. He's currently losing, and unless something miraculous happens and he practically turns into a different player, he's not going to win. That's going to cost him.
He's not even worth that. $20 million a year on OBJ would be an awful investment. He might be worth $15 million/year. We know he probably isn't taking that so they should let him walk. He's a sunk cost at this point with the draft picks and 2022 compensation, no point in compounding that with doubling down.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:31 PM 09-30-2022
Andy said before that Thuney could totally play left tackle but they werent at that point yet
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:41 PM 09-30-2022
I just hoping those tennis training workouts start kicking in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tredadda 06:17 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Andy said before that Thuney could totally play left tackle but they werent at that point yet
Brown better hope that doesn’t happen for any reason outside of injury. If it does he can probably wave Top 10 LT money goodbye.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:55 PM 09-30-2022

Schefter says the final offer from K.C. was a six-year deal worth $139 million with an average salary of $23.16 million per year and a $30.25 million signing bonus. The contract would pay $95 million in the first five years.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:07 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Schefter says the final offer from K.C. was a six-year deal worth $139 million with an average salary of $23.16 million per year and a $30.25 million signing bonus. The contract would pay $95 million in the first five years.
Fuck.

No.

That deal should be off the table now.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:27 AM 10-01-2022

No.

That deal should be off the table now.
Yep, absolutely insane offer given what we've seen. You can pay Hill that sort of money, not that this guy.
[Reply]
Page 187 of 343
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197237287 > Last »
Up