View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 180 of 343
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190230280 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:01 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
So you like the Grays more than you like the Browns?

Seems like a single play in an NFL game. May not be worth the intense focus you are putting on it.
It wasn't a single play. Brown got beat like a drum, repeatedly.

On the big gain to Kelce down inside the 5, he got completely turned around. He looked completely lost.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:04 PM 09-28-2022
And for the record, when it comes to "hating" a player:

I was one of the first here to suggest trading for Orlando Brown and openly supported the move both before and after we acquired him.

I was one of the first here to suggest he could get over $20M per on the open market. I supported the idea of franchise tagging him and giving him a contract that would pay him a top 5 salary prior to this season.

There's absolutely no merit to the argument that this is about some kind of irrational dislike of the player because the simple fact is - I've been one of Brown's biggest supporters until now.

The All 22 doesn't lie. He's regressed. He was fucking terrible on Sunday. Terrible.
[Reply]
-King- 12:04 PM 09-28-2022
So you like the Grays more than you like the Browns?

Seems like a single play in an NFL game. May not be worth the intense focus you are putting on it.
This is a football forum, plays and games get analyzed. Opinions are given out. You should try it some time. Lets try it now. What's your opinion on that play and the play of OBJ in that game? What's your opinion on how the offense performed and what do you think affected that performance?
[Reply]
jettio 12:24 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
This is a football forum, plays and games get analyzed. Opinions are given out. You should try it some time. Lets try it now. What's your opinion on that play and the play of OBJ in that game? What's your opinion on how the offense performed and what do you think affected that performance?
Chiefs were not prepared to play in that road venue.

Colts d-line looked like it had the advantage that Chiefs d-line has had at Arrowhead since 1989.

Looked like Havana Syndrome. Indy may have been pinging the Chiefs players and coaches with electromagnetic waves that Colts did not have to worry about.

Maybe Colts were wearing earplugs that filtered out the frequency of whatever ultrasonic noises that were pinging on the Chiefs.

Muffed punt, placekicks seemed hopeless, asshole intervention by referee at decisive moment.

Looked like a game that was destined to fall in Colts favor.

It is one game that can be useful in evaluating a player, but one should also take into account health status and whether team was prepared for the surface and the venue.

Chiefs only time on turf this year is when practice is indoors.

Only 2 turf games in 2021, at SoFi and at Cincy. And those two games were wacky and close contests also. And Brown was injured in pregame warmups at Cincy and Niang injured his patellar tendon.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:26 PM 09-28-2022
Brown's issues didn't just magically show up in the Colts game. This isn't based on "one game".
[Reply]
-King- 12:28 PM 09-28-2022
Chiefs were not prepared to play in that road venue.

Colts d-line looked like it had the advantage that Chiefs d-line has had at Arrowhead since 1989.

Looked like Havana Syndrome. Indy may have been pinging the Chiefs players and coaches with electromagnetic waves that Colts did not have to worry about.

Maybe Colts were wearing earplugs that filtered out the frequency of whatever ultrasonic noises that were pinging on the Chiefs.

Muffed punt, placekicks seemed hopeless, asshole intervention by referee at decisive moment.

Looked like a game that was destined to fall in Colts favor.

It is one game that can be useful in evaluating a player, but one should also take into account health status and whether team was prepared for the surface and the venue.

Chiefs only time on turf this year is when practice is indoors.

Only 2 turf games in 2021, at SoFi and at Cincy. And those two games were wacky and close contests also. And Brown was injured in pregame warmups at Cincy and Niang injured his patellar tendon.
Oh. Alrighty then...
[Reply]
Fish 12:39 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
https://v.redd.it/j4ijsg6tmeq91
Brent Veauxch should have this playing on loop during the next contract negotiations.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:16 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's pretty definitive. He stepped on Gray's foot because he came out of his stance too early.
Looks to me like Gray came out late.

Go frame by frame there - Brown absolutely nailed the snap. He came out right on time and just went into a pretty basic kick-slide.

I don't see a single thing he did wrong there.
[Reply]
O.city 01:19 PM 09-28-2022
Yeah, looks like Gray was slow?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:21 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Looks to me like Gray came out late.

Go frame by frame there - Brown absolutely nailed the snap. He came out right on time and just went into a pretty basic kick-slide.

I don't see a single thing he did wrong there.
Maybe Gray was a bit late. But if that's the case then the entire right side was late getting out of their stances, too.

So much BS going on with the line right now. I don't get it. How could they look worse than last year when they have so much more continuity built now?

Maybe it simply is nagging injuries. Whatever the case, it needs fixed and fast.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:22 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, looks like Gray was slow?
I will say, in my search for a silver lining, the idea that "Brown was false-starting on every play!" didn't really hold up.

That's essentially the only thing he did well - he had the snap count down cold.

But apart from that it was an awfully rough day and it's hard to paint it otherwise.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:23 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I will say, in my search for a silver lining, the idea that "Brown was false-starting on every play!" didn't really hold up.

That's essentially the only thing he did well - he had the snap count down cold.

But apart from that it was an awfully rough day and it's hard to paint it otherwise.
Brown was clearly early on several snaps. But like I said, if we're going to say he wasn't, that he was just getting off the snap faster, then the right side of the line was behind on nearly every play.

The line wasn't in sync, so if it wasn't Brown, it was basically everybody else.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:26 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Brown was clearly early on several snaps. But like I said, if we're going to say he wasn't, that he was just getting off the snap faster, then the right side of the line was behind on nearly every play.

The line wasn't in sync, so if it wasn't Brown, it was basically everybody else.
I don't know if it was 'in rhythm' so to speak - maybe they teach them to wait a beat to operate in unison; no idea.

But they weren't false starts. And hell, maybe there were one or two in there that I didn't watch closely enough to notice, but by and large those "he's jumping every time!" concerns are ill-founded. He wasn't coming out before the snap.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:40 PM 09-28-2022
Half way done watching the game and Brown played pretty fucking good. He had the one play that he tripped on Gray to begin the play and fell. He also had the sack, but that was more because of the interior pressure than because of Brown. Brown pushed his guy up field like he's supposed to, but Mahomes was unable to step up into the pocket because of the interior pass rush.

I'd grade him a B+ so far. I'll update after I finish watching.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:01 PM 09-28-2022
Dirty little secret is that Thuney and Smith haven't been great the last two weeks. I was reminded of Smith's injury and that makes sense. But Thuney hasn't been sharp either.

That said - B+ for Brown or 'pretty fucking good' seems like there's some grade inflation in there. Dude looked like he was playing with an inner ear infection. He just kept extending early, losing his leverage and then getting his weight too far forward to maintain the pocket. And because of that lack of leverage/balance, even when he was routing guy back/round (and yeah, that's how he does it typically), he didn't have any power behind it so they were able to flatten out. And so the rushers were allowed to get to Mahomes plant spot.

When he's effective he pushes guys behind Mahomes. This time he pushed them back, but just not with enough force. Mahomes shouldn't HAVE to step up if his LT is playing "Pretty damn good" - the LT is supposed to take guys OVER his drop back point because of the arc. That just wasn't happening last weekend from what I saw.
[Reply]
Page 180 of 343
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190230280 > Last »
Up