ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3082 of 4872
« First < 2082258229823032307230783079308030813082 308330843085308630923132318235824082 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:39 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Here's a fun one:

Pittsburgh with AB in 2018: #4 offense
Pittsburgh without AB in 2019: #30 offense (not really fair as Big Ben was injured, so let's throw in the next season as well)
Pittsburgh without AB in 2020: #24 offense

What's so fun about his one? Juju was on all 3 of these teams!
Big Ben had season ending elbow surgery at the age of 38. You could tell his arm was never the same when he came back.

Interestingly enough Juju had 9 TD’s and 831 yards on that 2020 offense. Not bad for a guy playing with a QB that has a dying arm
[Reply]
staylor26 03:41 PM 08-19-2022
:-)

Talks about guys being out of their prime then ignores that Big Ben fell off a fucking cliff.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:44 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Talks about guys being out of their prime then ignores that Big Ben fell off a fucking cliff.
It's a god awful point he's trying to make in the 1st place and im surprised it's even gotten this far.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:49 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's a god awful point he's trying to make in the 1st place and im surprised it's even gotten this far.
Exactly.

Most teams that lose their top WR don't have Andy, Mahomes, Kelce, JuJu, Hardman, MVS, Skyy, an elite OL, etc.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:50 PM 08-19-2022
Fine. Let’s do it that way. Rice was the #2 behind TO that year. Do you think that’s comparable to Hill?

Of course Moss counts. MIN’s O got way worse when he left.
So you don't think Dante Culpepper becoming a brokedick in 2005 and being injured constantly had anything to do with that? He was one of the Top rated QB's in the NFL the previous 2 years (Moss' last 2 years in Minny).

You can't just take one variable, isolate it and say this is definitively why. Yeah, losing Moss hurt Minny's offense. But so did losing their young strong armed QB who finished 2nd as the Offensive Player of the Year in the NFL in Moss' last season.

It wasn't just 'Moss left and now they suck eggs' as you would have everyone believe. There are several parts to the equation.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:53 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Thanks for at least acknowledging you were wrong and that there IS in fact historical precedent for a team losing their #1 WR and improving.

Remains to be seen what happens with the Chiefs and Hill. The Pats offense with Brady was forced to evolve when they moved on from their unicorn (Moss) and became a more balanced passing game that spread the ball around to several receivers. Chiefs will simply have to do the same.

With Reid as our coach and Mahomes as our QB, let's just say I like our chances . . . . . .
You’ve brought up Moss on the Pats several times now. He wasn’t the primary target in that offense. Welker had more targets and more yards. Doesn’t sound like a good Hill comparison to me.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:55 PM 08-19-2022
San Francisco went from the #9 scoring offense in 2003 to the #30 in 2004 when they lost Terrell Owens.
These numbers are stupid...they've always been stupid.

Say defensive rankings for one...last season Donks won four of their games against teams picking top five.

Chiefs played the Bills instead of the Jets with a rookie QB. KC also played the Titans instead of the Jaguars with a rookie QB.

Then, at the end of the season...all these stats are compared like they are equal. The talking heads go on and on with this bogus numbering system.

Yeah, facing rookie QBs instead of seasoned pros is going to make your defense appear, statistically, better than it is.

With AI...they need to re-calibrate how they determine who is the #1 offense/#1 defense...and factor in every teams strengths weaknesses...who was playing QB...who was injured on a per game analysis...and adjust it to a degree of difficulty.

It's a flawed system unless every team plays all 31 other teams every year....and even then it's not accurate. Weather, short schedule, home/away, injuries.

Bills had the #1 ranked defense last season playing a lot of average to bad teams.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:56 PM 08-19-2022
You’ve brought up Moss on the Pats several times now. He wasn’t the primary target in that offense. Welker had more targets and more yards. Doesn’t sound like a good Hill comparison to me.
Wow, you're truly fucking reeruned.

Let me guess, Welker had the STATS?
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:59 PM 08-19-2022
Fine. Let’s do it that way. Rice was the #2 behind TO that year. Do you think that’s comparable to Hill?

Of course Moss counts. MIN’s O got way worse when he left.
No he doesn't. Moss isn't a geographic formation. A hill is. That's my arbitrary criteria I'm putting into the argument, since you insisted on the dude not being old or whose stats have started a decline
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:05 PM 08-19-2022
Moss was the deep threat. Just like Hill. Funny you should mention Welker as the primary target with more targets and more yards. We gonna just ignore the fact that Travis Kelce has had more targets and yards in his time with the Chiefs while Hill was here? In fact, last year was the first time Hill EVER had more targets than Kelce. Offense runs through Kelce. Hill is the deep threat.

You know, kind of like 'offense runs through Welker, not Moss' (again, your argument not mine).

Seems like a pretty good comparison after all, huh? :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:06 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
No he doesn't. Moss isn't a geographic formation. A hill is. That's my arbitrary criteria I'm putting into the argument, since you insisted on the dude not being old or whose stats have started a decline

Yeah, it would be silly if the comparison were actually comparable to Hill.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:15 PM 08-19-2022

Yeah, it would be silly if the comparison were actually comparable to Hill.
It's totally comparable to Hill. A hill is a geographic formation. How does that not compare?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:15 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s not just who you play but when. 8 of your first 11 games. The Chiefs play one team who had a losing record last year in their first 11 games. That has never happened before.

I’m glad they gave us a break with the Jags after those first 8 games….but then gave us a 3 game stretch against the Chargers and SB teams the next 3 weeks.

Chiefs schedule is insanely difficult. It was formulated that way on purpose
So, by design, KC is playing a 1st place schedule that includes teams that were defined years ago - aside from a couple based on their 2021 finish.

KC has 5 games against teams with losing records in 2021, all after the bye and 4 of them in the last 5 games. Sounds like a dream scenario. Get the "good teams on paper" early and the soft teams late.

32 teams playing 17 games equates to scheduling 272 regular season games. There's a lot of shit that goes into those logistics with teams sharing venues, etc.

And, you want people to believe they configure that up for teams like Denver to have it easy and KC to have it harder at specific points in the season?

I think they try to play around with some matchups whether it be prime time types of games - rematches, etc. But, to get to that level where you think there's special math to help teams like Denver and hurt teams like KC... that's just crazy to me.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:41 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Moss was the deep threat. Just like Hill. Funny you should mention Welker as the primary target with more targets and more yards. We gonna just ignore the fact that Travis Kelce has had more targets and yards in his time with the Chiefs while Hill was here? In fact, last year was the first time Hill EVER had more targets than Kelce. Offense runs through Kelce. Hill is the deep threat.

You know, kind of like 'offense runs through Welker, not Moss' (again, your argument not mine).

Seems like a pretty good comparison after all, huh? :-)
Sure, that makes sense. How do you feel about Kelce turning 33 this year?
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:56 PM 08-19-2022
So Wilson isnt playing again tomorrow against the Bills ...sorry, but that's bizarre. I thought it was strange he didn't play a series last week...

I expected him to play into the 3rd quarter as a dress rehearsal.

He's a new QB, in a new system, with new WRs.

I wonder if there is some behind the scenes wrangling going on with his contract?

Denver head coach Nate Hackett said the Broncos will not have Wilson and other starters on the field on Saturday against the Bills

I prefer to believe they are so ****ing terrible...they are trying to hide it as long as possible. Got to milk that artificial media hype wave for everything it's worth...
[Reply]
Page 3082 of 4872
« First < 2082258229823032307230783079308030813082 308330843085308630923132318235824082 > Last »
Up