ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3081 of 4872
« First < 2081258129813031307130773078307930803081 308230833084308530913131318135814081 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 02:38 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Want more? How about Jerry Rice.

He left the Niners in 2000 when they had gone 6-10 with him. Their first year without him they went 12-4.

So, yes, there IS historical precedent for an elite unicorn type WR leaving a team and said team improving the following season.

Would you like more examples??
Weird how MHef DonkTard just got spanked! :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:39 PM 08-19-2022
Want more? How about Jerry Rice.

He left the Niners in 2000 when they had gone 6-10 with him. Their first year without him they went 12-4.

So, yes, there IS historical precedent for an elite unicorn type WR leaving a team and said team improving the following season.

Would you like more examples??
Seriously? I was looking for great WRs that left a team in their prime to compare to Hill. Do you think losing Jerry Rice in his 16th season is the same as losing Hill?
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:41 PM 08-19-2022
Calvin Johnson (aka Megatron). Pretty good receiver, no?

His last year with the Lions in 2015 they went 7-9. Next year without him? 9-7

Shall I keep going . . . . . . . . . ?
Weird how all your examples are receivers that did not leave in their prime. I bet next you'll use Andre Johnson.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:47 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Seriously? I was looking for great WRs that left a team in their prime to compare to Hill. Do you think losing Jerry Rice in his 16th season is the same as losing Hill?
Oh, so now you're moving the goal posts again . . . . . ?

Yeah, Jerry Rice was washed up. That's why in 2002 he had 1200+ yards, 10 TD's, a Pro Bowl bid and helped get the Faiders to their first Super Bowl in almost 20 years.

And Calvin Johnson wasn't still in his prime?? He was 29 years old and retired coming off an 88 reception, 1200+ yard, 10 TD season.

Yeah, they both sucked.

And Moss never left ANY of his teams in his prime? GTFO

Interesting arguments you're making in this thread . . . . . . . . . . .
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:48 PM 08-19-2022
Weird how all your examples are receivers that did not leave in their prime. I bet next you'll use Andre Johnson.
See above post . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . dumbass.
[Reply]
TEX 02:51 PM 08-19-2022
Weird how you got owned, and can't admit you're wrong. :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:52 PM 08-19-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
MagicHef 03:00 PM 08-19-2022
Oh, so now you're moving the goal posts again . . . . . ?

Yeah, Jerry Rice was washed up. That's why in 2002 he had 1200+ yards, 10 TD's, a Pro Bowl bid and helped get the Faiders to their first Super Bowl in almost 20 years.

And Calvin Johnson wasn't still in his prime?? He was 29 years old and retired coming off an 88 reception, 1200+ yard, 10 TD season.

Yeah, they both sucked.

And Moss never left ANY of his teams in his prime?

Interesting arguments you're making in this thread . . . . . . . . . . .
I already spoke to Moss twice. Not sure why I keep responding to you if you aren't going to read the responses. Their O going from 4th to 25th is pretty ugly. The fact their record improved by one game in a bad division doesn't really show me much.

Why would it matter what Rice did in Oakland? He wasn't the #1 in SF anymore in 2000, TO was. Did I miss another WR taking KC's #1 spot from Hill last season?
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:07 PM 08-19-2022
Here's a fun one:

Pittsburgh with AB in 2018: #4 offense
Pittsburgh without AB in 2019: #30 offense (not really fair as Big Ben was injured, so let's throw in the next season as well)
Pittsburgh without AB in 2020: #24 offense

What's so fun about his one? Juju was on all 3 of these teams!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:09 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
NFL schedule 2022: Chiefs set NFL record for teams played that finished over. 500 last year to begin season

They want the AFCW knotted up for the first 2 months....

You can see the play with the off-season Donk hype and soft beginning...they did the same shit last year.

Weren't you guys in first place for a while...ha.
Yep. It’s getting pretty obvious that they want to keep Denver in the race as long as possible. They do this every year.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:10 PM 08-19-2022
Moss wasn't his team's #1 WR when he left? Calvin Johnson??

I'm tired of this.

No, I didn't read what you posted about Moss . . . . . . . . . and, frankly, I don't care.

SNR made the claim that there is historical precedent for a team losing their #1, an elite #1, and then actually improving.

You basically called him out and said he was full of shit and you wanted proof.

I gave you some 'proof' and you're still continuing to stick your head in the sand and ignore the obvious.

So, just to get you on record, so we're clear, you're saying the Chiefs O Rank needs to improve this year for them to be considered better off without Hill and not their win loss record?? I just want to make sure we're clear now.

(And don't worry, I'll remind you of this post at the end of the season)
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:15 PM 08-19-2022
Moss wasn't his team's #1 WR when he left? Calvin Johnson??

I'm tired of this.

No, I didn't read what you posted about Moss . . . . . . . . . and, frankly, I don't care.

SNR made the claim that there is historical precedent for a team losing their #1, an elite #1, and then actually improving.

You basically called him out and said he was full of shit and you wanted proof.

I gave you some 'proof' and you're still continuing to stick your head in the sand and ignore the obvious.

So, just to get you on record, so we're clear, you're saying the Chiefs O Rank needs to improve this year for them to be considered better off without Hill and not their win loss record?? I just want to make sure we're clear now.

(And don't worry, I'll remind you of this post at the end of the season)
:-) I never said that about Moss. This conversation is eye-opening as to your mental acumen.

I will admit, Calvin Johnson is a good example. I knew he retired and assumed he wasn't very good toward the end. I was incorrect. Therefore, I will admit that there is a shining example that the Chiefs should strive for as they go on without Hill:

The Detroit Lions.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:26 PM 08-19-2022
What did the receiver do the last year with the team? That's all that matters.

You may as well also demand an example of players with last names that are or common geographic formations to compare to Hill.

Sad that Moss doesn't count.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:35 PM 08-19-2022
:-) I never said that about Moss. This conversation is eye-opening as to your mental acumen.

I will admit, Calvin Johnson is a good example. I knew he retired and assumed he wasn't very good toward the end. I was incorrect. Therefore, I will admit that there is a shining example that the Chiefs should strive for as they go on without Hill:

The Detroit Lions.
Thanks for at least acknowledging you were wrong and that there IS in fact historical precedent for a team losing their #1 WR and improving.

Remains to be seen what happens with the Chiefs and Hill. The Pats offense with Brady was forced to evolve when they moved on from their unicorn (Moss) and became a more balanced passing game that spread the ball around to several receivers. Chiefs will simply have to do the same.

With Reid as our coach and Mahomes as our QB, let's just say I like our chances . . . . . .
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:36 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What did the receiver do the last year with the team? That's all that matters.
Fine. Let’s do it that way. Rice was the #2 behind TO that year. Do you think that’s comparable to Hill?

Originally Posted by :
You may as well also demand an example of players with last names that are or common geographic formations to compare to Hill.

Sad that Moss doesn't count.
Of course Moss counts. MIN’s O got way worse when he left.
[Reply]
Page 3081 of 4872
« First < 2081258129813031307130773078307930803081 308230833084308530913131318135814081 > Last »
Up