ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 139
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:38 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
this is what kills me about guys that have chronic issues with hamstrings. Is there seriously nothing they can do to prevent it. Getting stretched out on the sideline, staying warm, literally anything at all.
Yeah they need to get proactive with him at this point

Wrap his hammies with heat pads when he's on the sideline, put him on a stationary bike... do something
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:45 AM 12-08-2022
People need to start looking at this trade from the right perspective. We gave up basically a 4th and 6th for an immensely talented WR who is probably only going to give us 10 games per year and hopefully be healthy in the playoffs most of the time. He's dirt cheap and will have a huge impact when he's on the field.

I don't think the Chiefs ever expected him to be a 17 game per season starting WR. The impact he will have when healthy is well worth the compensation we gave up for him. If he gets past these hammy issues, even better. Can't wait to see him on Sunday, he's so much fun to watch.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:06 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
People need to start looking at this trade from the right perspective. We gave up basically a 4th and 6th for an immensely talented WR who is probably only going to give us 10 games per year and hopefully be healthy in the playoffs most of the time. He's dirt cheap and will have a huge impact when he's on the field.

I don't think the Chiefs ever expected him to be a 17 game per season starting WR. The impact he will have when healthy is well worth the compensation we gave up for him. If he gets past these hammy issues, even better. Can't wait to see him on Sunday, he's so much fun to watch.
10 games a year? :-)
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:16 AM 12-08-2022
Hopefully, he's been absorbing the playbook during his downtime.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:42 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Hopefully, he's been absorbing the playbook during his downtime.
I hope not may sprain something up there too.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:00 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
10 games a year? :-)
I mean, a guy can dream. :-)
[Reply]
farmerchief 08:36 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
Unfortunately Toney himself seems to believe this is the case. When asked about he basically stated there's nothing he can do.
I havent done any research, but was curious, did he have thise hamstring problems in college?
[Reply]
Spott 08:47 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
I havent done any research, but was curious, did he have thise hamstring problems in college?
He missed 9 games in 2017 and 2019 at UF, and played all of 2020.

I wonder how these players that seem so injury prone were able to make it through college and get drafted if they were pulling their hamstrings every other game. Maybe it’s something as simple as stretching, staying hydrated, etc or maybe some people are just more prone to strains for whatever reason.
[Reply]
TEX 08:48 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
Yes, he was frequently injured in college also, especially early on. He played in ever game his Jr season, but still had nagging injuries and played through them.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:34 AM 12-08-2022
It doesnt make sense to hold him out if he can play. He was out for plenty of time when he got here and it did not prevent another injury.

Im hoping our training staff can come up with something (Yoga, whatever) to keep him on the field more.

The guy has talent, speed and quickness. Love how he goes up and snatches the ball.

Even if he only plays half the games, we got a great deal. If he can stay healthy we stole him. He legitimately has WR1 potential.

Patrick trusts him already, imagine if they start to build chemistry like he has with Kelce and Juju?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:40 AM 12-08-2022
We're still trying to earn the 1-seed. So it's still all hands on deck until that goal is achieved or is no longer a factor.

Toney needs as many live snaps as he can get before the playoffs begin to get as comfortable as possible in the offense.

Andy and his offensive staff need Toney to play as many live snaps as possible to evaluate what Toney's strengths and weaknesses are within the offense.

Toney will play if he's healthy. he practiced yesterday, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's 100% yet. If he has a FP tomorrow, he probably plays.
[Reply]
DJay23 11:46 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

Yep, we won a Super Bowl with Hammie Watkins.
[Reply]
philfree 11:53 AM 12-08-2022
I beginning to think this guy is Fools Gold.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:55 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
I beginning to think this guy is Fools Gold.
Lol, it's literally been two weeks. Keep your panties on.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:55 AM 12-08-2022
I'm worried that he could be a guy who makes a big impact when healthy but is never healthy. I don't know a lot about his specific injuries though. Trade was still a good idea either way.
[Reply]
Page 126 of 139
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136 > Last »
Up