ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 57
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

GloryDayz 09:13 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
You’re so fucking stupid lmao
You're being an ass. Tap-Out acknowledged.
Bwana 09:14 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Yeah, CP was created before my time (my account creation), so I do not know the history on the KC Star board. On one hand, that's good about the politics that did lead to the creation of CP in the first place.

But there's also comes a time where it ran its course and it probably needs to be on the wayside?

On the other hand, on past Presidential elections (prior to 2016), was it bad as its alleged to be right now? I don't know as I don't venture over to DC anyways.

It was lively, but nothing like it is now.
GloryDayz 09:15 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
You and Pat’s attitude are the problem.

This is a football message board, and you expect the people that actually talk football to walk away so the fringe 40 members out of 10k can argue in their echo chambers.
Wait, you come here, willfully walk into the DC, then get mad about being in the DC.

Put down the crack pipe... Stay in the lounge, you're emotions will be much safer.

Avoid Whitlock threads...
patteeu 09:17 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Those people should be restricted as DC scum.

There’s also some who don’t contribute at all and don’t run away to their board without letting one contribute (looking at some one who’s username is similar to JacoTohn).
Do we have some rule against lurking? Why is it a problem that some members only post in DC? Those people obviously aren’t the ones cause the politics in the Lounge problem.
OnTheWarpath15 09:17 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Wait, you come here, willfully walk into the DC, then get mad about being in the DC.

Put down the crack pipe... Stay in the lounge, you're emotions will be much safer.

I don’t go to DC. The sludge seeps out to the Lounge.
patteeu 09:19 PM 10-08-2020
Replace “Chiefs boards” with political sites and take your own advice?
I’m not the one trying to make changes here to make it more like everywhere else, so that makes no sense.
WhiteWhale 09:20 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

I think it matters enough to note this: burning DC down wont solve the problem.

Athletes, sports networks, and sports leagues have all opted integrate politics into sports. That makes it hard to eliminate the potential for political talk railroading threads.
OnTheWarpath15 09:21 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I’m not the one trying to make changes here to make it more like everywhere else, so that makes no sense.
CP is nothing like other sites, even if we eliminate trash like yourself.
patteeu 09:21 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
There’s DC scum that makes their way here on occasion...
Echos of the dehumanization your people have endured at various times in history. Congrats.
WhiteWhale 09:22 PM 10-08-2020
I don’t go to DC. The sludge seeps out to the Lounge.
DC isnt centering politics on my TV during sports.

The leagues are. This is WHY people dont like political messaging in their sports. Its divisive.
OnTheWarpath15 09:22 PM 10-08-2020
Best thing the mods could do is to eliminate DC on election night.

I’ll donate to the next server upgrade if it happens and is permanent.
patteeu 09:22 PM 10-08-2020
CP is nothing like other sites, even if we eliminate trash like yourself.
Why so uncivil?
OnTheWarpath15 09:23 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Why so uncivil?
Suck my dick.

How’s that for uncivil?
Bwana 09:23 PM 10-08-2020
As someone else mentioned, the reason for this thread is, there are some people who can't resist bringing DC crap into the lounge. It's like their brain freezes up and they have an uncontrollable impulse to post something political.

Roughly half our reported posts have something to do with politics. Either someone is butt hurt over something someone posted in DC (sometimes justified, sometimes not) or someone posted something political in the Lounge.
htismaqe 09:24 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I think it matters enough to note this: burning DC down wont solve the problem.

Athletes, sports networks, and sports leagues have all opted integrate politics into sports. That makes it hard to eliminate the potential for political talk railroading threads.
Noted this several weeks ago and got shouted down.

Here we are.
Page 40 of 57
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up