ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
The Lounge>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:31 PM 11-08-2021
Jokic about to suspended for awhile

HOLY SHIT JOKIC pic.twitter.com/WFsAGCT8xk

— Rob Perez (@WorldWideWob) November 9, 2021

[Reply]
dirk digler 10:40 PM 11-08-2021
better video. Butler telling the Nuggets to meet him out back lol

Nikola Jokić threw his shoulder into the back of Markieff Morris…

Morris was issued a flagrant foul 2 and Jokić an unsportsmanlike conduct foul. Both players were ejected.

Jimmy Butler was also given a technical foul.

�� @BallySportsFL pic.twitter.com/bjeFB3mQTZ

— The Athletic (@TheAthletic) November 9, 2021

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:43 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Jokic about to suspended for awhile

That was a pretty unnecessary body check on Jokic there given the scoreline and time of the game. Markieff got what was coming to him.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:56 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That was a pretty unnecessary body check on Jokic there given the scoreline and time of the game. Markieff got what was coming to him.
The Morris twins usually deserve what they get but Hitting him from behind is bush league.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:59 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The Morris twins usually deserve what they get but Hitting him from behind is bush league.
Hitting Jokic like that at that time of the game was bush league as well. Again, he got what was coming to him and I’m sure Jokic will gladly take the 1 game suspension to show he won’t be pushed around by clowns like that.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:02 PM 11-08-2021
Markieff got a flagrant 2 for that trash foul so there’s also a possibility he will be suspended as well.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:06 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Hitting Jokic like that at that time of the game was bush league as well. Again, he got what was coming to him and Iím sure Jokic will gladly take the 1 game suspension to show he wonít be pushed around by clowns like that.
Yeah, I have no issue with the retaliation there. He'll get a suspension, but it's difficult to fault him too much.

On an unrelated note, the Timberwolves have the least clutch/basketball-smart players of all time. I mean, ****, blowing a 16 point lead in the 4th, not being able to inbound the ball, not being able to rebound the ball, etc. It's embarrassing that a team this talented is this stupid/bad.

Ja, OTOH, was incredible.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:37 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, I have no issue with the retaliation there. He'll get a suspension, but it's difficult to fault him too much.

On an unrelated note, the Timberwolves have the least clutch/basketball-smart players of all time. I mean, ****, blowing a 16 point lead in the 4th, not being able to inbound the ball, not being able to rebound the ball, etc. It's embarrassing that a team this talented is this stupid/bad.

Ja, OTOH, was incredible.
Was long overdue too. Him and his brother have been taking shots at guys like that for a long time.

And yes, the TWolves are a bit of a mess still.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:24 AM 11-09-2021
I love it! That's some old school shit right there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:07 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The Morris twins usually deserve what they get but Hitting him from behind is bush league.
You don't want to get hit in the back, don't hip check a dude and then turn your back on him like you're some kind of gangster.

You do this to a ****a on the court Whatever he do after ain’t his fault (This is slow motion btw) pic.twitter.com/i9HZ5WXlSn

— incubated (@ChiTown_Eazy) November 9, 2021


This shot could've just as easily hurt Jokic. The real issue isn't even the elbow to the exposed ribs - he took a knee into his legs on what was a clear 'take foul' situation. That really coulda done some damage to Jokic's knees if he comes down wrong.

And Jokic gets a lot of cheap shots from guys. He's a big dude and he's typically pretty chill. Well good on him for making it clear that he's not taking that nonsense.

Morris thought he'd get a shot in and then be all billy badass about it and saunter away like he's king shit. Welp, Jokic put an end to that thinking in a hurry.

And Butler - you want no part of Jokic, man. Neither do the Morris twins. Because lets face it, even if you somehow managed to 'win', his brothers (especially that big ol' lummox; the oldest) will tie you up and throw you in some serbian scrapyard for their dogs to work on for awhile.

Those guys know where some bodies are buried.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:08 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Was long overdue too. Him and his brother have been taking shots at guys like that for a long time.

And yes, the TWolves are a bit of a mess still.
Yup. Not many folks in the league are sad to see a Morris take a shot like that. Those guys have been doing this for years.

And again, Jokic takes a ton of abuse out there. He was well past time to react to it, IMO.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:12 AM 11-09-2021
My Bulls are looking legit.

I think we can at least make the ECF this year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:18 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
My Bulls are looking legit.

I think we can at least make the ECF this year.
The Lakers remain unlikeable.

I still don't understand the (large) majority of Lakers fans that are cool with this approach.

The "hey, if we're winning, we're winning!" crowd. And right now they aren't even winning.

There's nothing endearing about this team of mercenaries at all. Hell, even Caruso is off somewhere else. Horton-Tucker is hurt.

The whole damn roster is made up of transient geriatrics and over-exposed bench players. I don't even root for this squad - it's just laundry. And its core is Mr. Glass, an old woke liar and a soulless chucker.

A difficult group to root for that plays an ugly and unentertaining style of basketball with no amount of sweat equity in these guys as a fan - it's a perfect storm of apathy.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:19 AM 11-09-2021
I didn't have a problem with him retaliating because he deserved it just thought the way he did it was just bush league. He should have decked him while looking in his eyes. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:27 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Lakers remain unlikeable.

I still don't understand the (large) majority of Lakers fans that are cool with this approach.

The "hey, if we're winning, we're winning!" crowd. And right now they aren't even winning.

There's nothing endearing about this team of mercenaries at all. Hell, even Caruso is off somewhere else. Horton-Tucker is hurt.

The whole damn roster is made up of transient geriatrics and over-exposed bench players. I don't even root for this squad - it's just laundry. And its core is Mr. Glass, an old woke liar and a soulless chucker.

A difficult group to root for that plays an ugly and unentertaining style of basketball with no amount of sweat equity in these guys as a fan - it's a perfect storm of apathy.
Caruso is playing in Chicago and is quickly becoming a fan favorite with his spark off the bench and defense.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up