ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Media Center>Shang Chi and the legend of the ten rings
Sure-Oz 04:52 PM 04-19-2021
Teaser.

https://youtu.be/giWIr7U1deA

I've read some of the latest comics of him and really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
B_Razz 10:00 AM 09-07-2021
Saw it yesterday, average and generic MCU movie. Katie was horrible, take her out and its a more serious movie where more would feel at stake. If she doesn't die or get hurt, why would I think the main character is ever in trouble? The bus fight was cool, the CGI battle at the end was stupid. I really did like the the lead actor and his family history and all that. Id give it a 5/10 ( which in average )
[Reply]
Superturtle 12:10 PM 09-07-2021
This movie had the theaters near me completely full for the first time in over a year.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:57 PM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
This movie had the theaters near me completely full for the first time in over a year.
Hell yeah! That is excellent news to hear. This movie is doing very well at the box office (with all things considered of course) Lord knows movie theaters need the business.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:36 PM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Hell yeah! That is excellent news to hear. This movie is doing very well at the box office (with all things considered of course) Lord knows movie theaters need the business.
People are showing up for ‘event’ movies without the streaming option available.

I have no idea why Paramount pushed backed Top Gun again??
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:33 PM 09-10-2021

A newly surfaced comment that #SimuLiu made in 2017 is reportedly now causing controversy in China, hurting #ShangChi's chances of being released in the East Asian country... Details: https://t.co/Nc6wfO0xGf pic.twitter.com/1jIu3pWgBt

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) September 10, 2021

[Reply]
Direckshun 01:38 PM 09-10-2021
The movie was pretty good, but damn I'm excited for the character as a fighter -- the rings he uses in battle are completely unique in the MCU, and they were phenomenal to watch throughout the movie.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:42 PM 11-13-2021
Finally watched this one on Disney+.

I enjoyed it. I thought they did a good job of blending the modern MCU superhero flick with the mystical East Asian kung fu story.

This is the first role I didn’t hate Awkwafina in, the Ten Rings were adapted awesomely, and Ben Kingsley’s role was just so, so funny. I was cracking up every time he spoke.

I’m interested in seeing Shang Chi in the MCU and am curious as to what/who the Rings were sending a beacon..
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:58 PM 11-13-2021
They pretty much just copy pasted Iron Fist on to Shang Chi.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:08 AM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
They pretty much just copy pasted Iron Fist on to Shang Chi.
Anything they can do to wipe out the memory of the Netflix Iron Fist abortion is a favor to us all. I liked the movie. It was enjoyable. It did its job as an origin story and the character as he was at the end of the movie looks like an interesting addition to MCU.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:24 AM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
The movie was pretty good, but damn I'm excited for the character as a fighter -- the rings he uses in battle are completely unique in the MCU, and they were phenomenal to watch throughout the movie.
So they make the wearer immortal and offer crazy offensive and defensive capabilities. They immediately make him one of the more powerful heroes in the MCU.

I don't think he's Strange, Thor, Captain Marvel level but certainly above Cap, Spider-Man, Black Panther, etc. Possibly like Iron Man level..?
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:58 PM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Anything they can do to wipe out the memory of the Netflix Iron Fist abortion is a favor to us all. I liked the movie. It was enjoyable. It did its job as an origin story and the character as he was at the end of the movie looks like an interesting addition to MCU.
The Iron Fist writing was terrible true but that doesn't mean you should take his origin and basically paste it on Shang Chi. Shang Chi has a great origin all by himself. The reason why he would be on the Avengers is the same reason Hawkeye or Black Widow are. He doesn't have super powers but is just the best in the world at what he does. His just happens to be all forms of unarmed combat.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:45 PM 11-15-2021
I enjoyed it. Good popcorn flick.

I am curious about what had Danvers so worked up in the post credit scene that she had to bail out of the conversation so quickly. Also interesting that Bruce wasn't in his Professor Hulk form, kind of had it in my head that was they way he is now bringing the Hulk and Banner together, and that he was still wearing that sling from wielding the stones.
[Reply]
Fish 09:55 PM 11-15-2021
Yeah, it was OK. Enjoyable spin off Marvel film. The fights were fun. The character motivations were a bit weird at times. But definitely enjoyable overall. Ben Kingsley almost stole the show.

The post credits scene was maybe the most enjoyable part though. So many questions.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:54 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The Iron Fist writing was terrible true but that doesn't mean you should take his origin and basically paste it on Shang Chi. Shang Chi has a great origin all by himself. The reason why he would be on the Avengers is the same reason Hawkeye or Black Widow are. He doesn't have super powers but is just the best in the world at what he does. His just happens to be all forms of unarmed combat.
I had never even heard of Shang Chi before this movie and I have no idea what his back story is other than what the movie covered, so it doesn't make any difference at all to me. As presented it was interesting and enjoyable though. Pretty much the exact opposite of the Iron Fist abortion.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:16 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I had never even heard of Shang Chi before this movie and I have no idea what his back story is other than what the movie covered, so it doesn't make any difference at all to me. As presented it was interesting and enjoyable though. Pretty much the exact opposite of the Iron Fist abortion.
Basically, Shang Chi is raised by birth to be the enforcer for Fu Manchu. He was sent to assassinate and old foe of Fu Manchu, who at the time was just an old man. Shang Chi already suspicious of Fu Manchu's real intentions refuses to kill the old man and turns on Fu Manchu's organization.

No mystical cities, no rings. No demon dragons. Think more Bruce Lee meets James Bond.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up