Page 247 of 283
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257 > Last »
Hall of Classics>****OFFICIAL Chiefs vs 49ers Super Bowl LIV Game Thread****
Hammock Parties 12:11 AM 02-02-2020
Let’s do this shit.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:57 PM 02-03-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
How bad are the arrogant Niner fans feeling? They had it. 10 point lead with 7 minutes left...and they lose by 11? :-)
The ones around us in the stadium were pretty dickish... They really thought they were going to win and were holding up 6 fingers to all the Chiefs fans... The panic in their eyes after the Mahomes to Watkins catch was real and fun to watch.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:57 PM 02-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
What was the crowd chanting?
They were chanting ANDY REID!!!!
[Reply]
DRM08 10:08 PM 02-03-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
The ones around us in the stadium were pretty dickish... They really thought they were going to win and were holding up 6 fingers to all the Chiefs fans... The panic in their eyes after the Mahomes to Watkins catch was real and fun to watch.
That's hilarious. They got their asses kicked big time in the last 7 minutes. :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:19 PM 02-03-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
For me it's just that I don't want to see Mahomes treated unfairly in the media. Don't get me wrong, he played like crap the first 3 quarters. But one game does not define the legacy, even though today's media seems to go that way.

I'm glad they pulled off a great comeback. It kills any Marino comparison, and Patrick is only 24. I am confident he will play a lot better if they make it back to another Super Bowl. This was a great learning experience for him against a badass defense. Now I do want to see Veach/Reid find some good OL guys in the draft! Lol
Yep same here. Either he got his bell rung or something hurt, or for a couple quarters for the first time ever the game was a little too big for him. Which is completely understandable since he's a freaking 24-year-old kid. The game was clearly too big for Jimmy G on a lot of plays too.

But in the end he got it together for that miracle throw to Hill - his longest in the air all season. And then the touch pass to Sammy was beautiful. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out and plays the best game of his life in his next SB. It's all about getting that first one under your belt.
[Reply]
tk13 11:29 PM 02-03-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yep same here. Either he got his bell rung or something hurt, or for a couple quarters for the first time ever the game was a little too big for him. Which is completely understandable since he's a freaking 24-year-old kid. The game was clearly too big for Jimmy G on a lot of plays too.

But in the end he got it together for that miracle throw to Hill - his longest in the air all season. And then the touch pass to Sammy was beautiful. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out and plays the best game of his life in his next SB. It's all about getting that first one under your belt.
10 years from now all anyone is going to remember is that Mahomes won. That and the comeback. That's all people remember. No matter what happens in the future he's a champion and not on the list of the Dan Marino, Charles Barkley, Clayton Kershaw types.

All people remember is that Peyton Manning is one of greatest ever and won two Super Bowls. He had plenty of good playoff games but he wasn't really dominant in either Super Bowl. In 2006 he finished the entire playoff run with 3 TD and 7 INT... and we all know that in the Broncos run his arm was shot.

Ben Roethlisberger is remembered as a 2-time Super Bowl winner and will probably be in the HOF. His first Super Bowl win he went 9-21 passing for 123 yards with 0 TD/2 INT. But all anyone will say is he won 2 championships.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:33 PM 02-03-2020
I remember Big Rape sucked in the first SB. Same with Peyton's second. But I agree Mahomes wasn't nearly that bad and made the big plays - so no one will think that.

I'm just saying between us - he looked rattled for the first time ever. Which is completely understandable given his age, experience and the situation. But he pushed through it. Next time will probably be a cake walk - especially if he's up against a Super Bowl rookie QB on the other side.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:36 PM 02-03-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I remember Big Rape sucked in the first SB. Same with Peyton's second. But I agree Mahomes wasn't nearly that bad and made the big plays - so no one will think that.

I'm just saying between us - he looked rattled for the first time ever. Which is completely understandable given his age, experience and the situation. But he pushed through it. Next time will probably be a cake walk - especially if he's up against a Super Bowl rookie QB on the other side.
I don't think Patrick so much faltered early as the 49ers had the perfect gameplan for 50 minutes of a 60-minute game, then the coordinators found the cracks and the personnel started to tire.

It wasn't that the stage was too big, or nerves, or being rattled. It was that not a lot was opening up until we stressed and strained them enough to force some openings.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:43 PM 02-03-2020
What do Australia and Richard Sherman have in common????

Both got torched!
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:43 PM 02-03-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
This deserves props!!!!!!:-)
Actually, this is the one:

Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It's crunch time. It's Mahomes Magic Crunch time.
After i read that, I thought about the cereal box Nzoner had on his bar with a Chiefs hat on it, so I took a picture of it and posted it on my Facebook page and BOOM!

The rest is history
Attached: 85008876_3278940268786203_4163982132185661440_o (1).jpg (73.0 KB) 
[Reply]
DRM08 11:54 PM 02-03-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
10 years from now all anyone is going to remember is that Mahomes won. That and the comeback. That's all people remember. No matter what happens in the future he's a champion and not on the list of the Dan Marino, Charles Barkley, Clayton Kershaw types.
It's awesome that those comparisons are dead and buried for the rest of his career. This frees him up to go after more championships without feeling the pressure of a monkey on the back.

I'm grateful to Reid, Veach, and Spags for giving Patrick a defense this year that could help him get the job done. The poor kid had garbage defenses in high school and college...and sadly last year in the NFL as well.

It's a remarkable turnaround for the KC defense thanks to Spags, Veach, Reid, and of course some of the new players they brought in like Honey Badger, Clark, Suggs, Breeland, Thornhill, and Pennel. Absolutely remarkable turnaround.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:30 AM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Actually, this is the one:

After i read that, I thought about the cereal box Nzoner had on his bar with a Chiefs hat on it, so I took a picture of it and posted it on my Facebook page and BOOM!

The rest is history
That's awesome! I told my son at the game when he thought all was lost that "we have 'em right where we want them"!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:18 PM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I don't want to start a new thread about it in case it's been thoroughly discussed already, but I also don't want to try to track down the conversation wherever it might have happened.

But did anyone figure out what the deal was with the huge discrepancies between the first down chains on the sideline and the computer-generated first down line on the field, particularly in the 4th quarter?
No one gave this any thought? Or have my posts been TimBoned? :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:19 PM 02-04-2020
97% of all TV’s in the KC area had the Super Bowl on during the 4th quarter.

What the hell were those other 3% doing?!

Kansas City posted an extraordinary 55.7 rating and 89 share for the Chiefs first Super Bowl win in 50 years.

Local viewing peaked in the final quarter hour at a 62.6 rating and an astonishing 97 share.

— Michael Mulvihill (@mulvihill79) February 3, 2020

[Reply]
burt 01:26 PM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
97% of all TV’s in the KC area had the Super Bowl on during the 4th quarter.

What the hell were those other 3% doing?!

ME TV can be quite captivating....
[Reply]
wachashi 06:00 PM 02-04-2020
49er FANS BEFORE THE GAME: "Defense wins Championships!"

49er FANS AFTER GAME: "We need a better quarterback."
[Reply]
Page 247 of 283
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257 > Last »
Up