ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 2683
« First < 27677374757677 78798081871271775771077 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:25 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Mostly at ILB but Mauga returns and supposedly DJ will be back before camp. We'll have two semi-decent backups behind them.

Coaching staff must like Mitchell* considering we made no adjustments in the secondary
Mauga is not on the roster. And what's not to like about Mitchell?
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:31 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Yes, I see an aging defense right now with the hope of injured returning players to shore it up. It concerns me going forward.
Again, as others have said, the Chiefs are the 6th youngest team in the NFL. Probably even younger now that they cut Howard. The only three players in the starting lineup over 30 are Alex, Tamba and DJ and it's a stretch to say Tamba is a starter. So either a) You're chicken little and the sky is always falling b) You're trolling or c) You have no clue what you're talking about and you're just talking out the side of your neck to see if you can get away without someone calling you out. Try making some type of effort to educate yourself about the team you supposedly love because even a good troll job has to be rooted in fact.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:06 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Mauga is not on the roster. And what's not to like about Mitchell?
Mitchell could be a stud, he looked great out there.

Forgot about Mauga being a FA
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:18 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Mahomes can make the chicken salad unlike Alice.

No one cares what you think.

About anything.
PMII bakes the whole fucking bird in comparison
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:27 AM 05-01-2017
Good day, everyone. It's another tremendous day in the Chiefs Kingdom.

Just wanted to point out again (because I'm not sure it was ever put into this context), that John Dorsey, Andy Reid, and the entire Chiefs staff thought Patrick Mahomes II was worthy of a top-10 pick, another 1st rounder, and a 3rd round choice. :-)

Please continue on and have a glorious day.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:33 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Good day, everyone. It's another tremendous day in the Chiefs Kingdom.

Just wanted to point out again (because I'm not sure it was ever put into this context), that John Dorsey, Andy Reid, and the entire Chiefs staff thought Patrick Mahomes II was worthy of a top-10 pick, another 1st rounder, and a 3rd round choice. :-)

Please continue on and have a glorious day.
This is 1st time since Trent, in the morning I'm usually half asleep taking Cassel in the bathroom and not say we need a QB.

*high five ?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:38 AM 05-01-2017
Never thought i'd be excited to buy pre season tickets
[Reply]
DRM08 10:43 AM 05-01-2017
Sean Payton was asked by Saints reporters about Mahomes and he raved about Pat's ability to throw with accuracy and velocity from any angle, any type of footwork, across the body, etc. "Unique throws." He also brought up the same point Andy Reid did about how the NFL rarely has a clean pocket for the QB. Bruce Arians is aware of this too after spending so much time with Big Ben.

All three of these guys realize that Pat has the talent to potentially be an Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Big Ben type of magician at the NFL level. We just have to see if the kid can actually live up to this potential. He has a lot of work to do.

John Dorsey traded to the perfect spot he needed in order to get Mahomes. I think New Orleans was gonna take him at 11, Houston or even Cleveland was gonna take him at 12, and Arizona was gonna take him at 13.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:46 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wow Alex helped us draft Mahomes.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ama/101018026/
Thank Christ the Lynch move didn't work out.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:50 AM 05-01-2017
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/s...68199865905152
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:50 AM 05-01-2017
https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/sta...76939318996997
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:50 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
This is 1st time since Trent, in the morning I'm usually half asleep taking Cassel in the bathroom and not say we need a QB.

*high five ?
:-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:03 AM 05-01-2017
The more I have pondered things, I believe I see the thought process of this year's draft by Dorsey and why so many of these picks are long term high upside selections...

I think that the FO believes they can compete in 2017 with the roster as is, because we are returning almost everyone. Very few changes there. This team would have had a legitimate chance at the playoffs in 2017 even without a draft class.

BUT, with our cap situation, and the picks that were made this week... it all sets up for some turnover in 2018 and beyond. Ideally, because these picks should have time to develop, there is a chance that even with big changes next offseason, the winning can continue.

With names such as Peters, Ford, and many others due for potentially big pay days in the future, there is a legitimate chance that we see a lot of big cuts next winter. Alex is the most obvious, then possibly guys like DJ and Hali, along with some like Jah Reid, Harris, etc.

By 2018, it could feel like an entire new era for the Chiefs. But, with Dorsey being proactive and drafting these developmental prospects, the transition could be very smooth.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:08 AM 05-01-2017
In 2018...I wouldn't be surprised to see the following get cut:

Alex Smith
Jeremy Maclin (production based)
Derrick Johnson
Tamba Hali
Allen Bailey
Ron Parker
Jah reid
Demetrius Harris
Frank Zombo

Colquitt will be a FA and he's likely gone. The only other major FAs that we'll have to deal with will be Bennie Logan, Dee Ford and Terrance Mitchell. Those obviously could turn from major to minor depending on the production.

Cutting all of those players above will give us an additional $49 million in cap space (not including Maclin)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:17 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
In 2018...I wouldn't be surprised to see the following get cut:

Alex Smith
Jeremy Maclin (production based)
Derrick Johnson
Tamba Hali
Allen Bailey
Ron Parker
Jah reid
Demetrius Harris
Frank Zombo

Colquitt will be a FA and he's likely gone. The only other major FAs that we'll have to deal with will be Bennie Logan, Dee Ford and Terrance Mitchell. Those obviously could turn from major to minor depending on the production.

Cutting all of those players above will give us an additional $49 million in cap space (not including Maclin)
I'll note that Terrance Mitchell is a RFA next year, so we will not be forced to give him big money just yet if they don't want to. Also, a decision will need to be made on Santos.

Obviously a lot of the cuts are going to depend on 2017 results. As of right now, I can't see Parker, Maclin or Bailey as cuts next offseason, but if they come out and shit the bed, then they very well could be. DJ and Hali need to be healthy and productive to stay at their price tags. A lot of ?s between now and then, but luckily our FO seems to be preparing for these scenarios.

One thing is for certain, if the Chiefs need money, there will be plenty of ways to get it next offseason.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 2683
« First < 27677374757677 78798081871271775771077 > Last »
Up