ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 1207
« First < 28687475767778 79808182881281785781078 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
lewdog 07:23 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

How's that Deep Eddy vodka?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:38 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
How's that Deep Eddy vodka?

Is it good for chicks?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:40 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Original dinner plans were a bust, so more pizza.

You see those bubbles in that crust? That's what pizza dough does to my face and body. Literally!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:43 PM 01-07-2016
Anyone know anything about cooking venison. My SO brought me some from someone he works with. I know nothing about how to prepare and cook this meat.

I vaguely remember trying a little piece of venison when out visiting former in-laws in Iowa who hunt. It was in a stew and it vaguely remember it tasting gamey.

Any recipes welcome. FMB is the meat expert maybe he knows a thing or two.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:45 PM 01-07-2016
Come to think of it, with the price of food continuing to climb, it's time for me to consider learning how to hunt, as well as fish, for some of my food. We have some ducks down at the neighborhood pod that would make a meal.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:47 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Anyone know anything about cooking venison. My SO brought me some from someone he works with. I know nothing about how to prepare and cook this meat.

I vaguely remember trying a little piece of venison when out visiting former in-laws in Iowa who hunt. It was in a stew and it vaguely remember it tasting gamey.

I don't have a ton of experience with venison outside of ground and summer sausage. What's the cut?

Generally speaking, it's very lean, so you'll need some added fat. And medium rare at the most - it gets tougher and gamier the more it's cooked.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:49 PM 01-07-2016

Grind it with pork and use it like you would hamburger.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:51 PM 01-07-2016
I don't have a ton of experience with venison outside of ground and summer sausage. What's the cut?

Generally speaking, it's very lean, so you'll need some added fat. And medium rare at the most - it gets tougher and gamier the more it's cooked.
It's good in chili if you cube it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:52 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
It's good in chili if you cube it.

I've used it ground. Love it.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:56 PM 01-07-2016
I've used it ground. Love it.
I'm just not a big fan of deer meat unless it is heavily spiced and fat is added to it. I've had some good Bambi Burgers (with pork added) and hot Bambi Chili.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:01 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I'm just not a big fan of deer meat unless it is heavily spiced and fat is added to it. I've had some good Bambi Burgers (with pork added) and hot Bambi Chili.

I love venison summer sausage, and I love it in chili... Otherwise, I'm not a huge fan, either.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:31 PM 01-07-2016
Come to think of it, with the price of food continuing to climb, it's time for me to consider learning how to hunt, as well as fish, for some of my food. We have some ducks down at the neighborhood pod that would make a meal.
I've got some good pheasant hunting out here. I can load you up on as much sorghum as you can eat to grind to flour to help with your gluten problem. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 08:46 PM 01-07-2016
Original dinner plans were a bust, so more pizza.

Hope you choked on it!!!

:-)

The fun part is that the wife tried her hand at pizza while I was gone this week. Turned out wonderfully, apparently. She won't tell me what she did differently, but now she's the "pizza expert" and I can retire.

Which was my goal all along...
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:47 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by Donger:
Hope you choked on it!!!

The fun part is that the wife tried her hand at pizza while I was gone this week. Turned out wonderfully, apparently. She won't tell me what she did differently, but now she's the "pizza expert" and I can retire.

Which was my goal all along...

Awesome.
[Reply]
Donger 08:50 PM 01-07-2016

Awesome.
Did you make the beef stroganoff yet?
[Reply]
Page 78 of 1207
« First < 28687475767778 79808182881281785781078 > Last »