ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 1207
« First < 23636970717273 74757677831231735731073 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Donger 07:18 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
RF?
Radio Frequency
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:29 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I am fairly certain nearly all kinds used here are some form of wheat flour whether it's bleached white or not. Unless you're using buckwheat, maize or rye—you're talking wheat whether it is called all-purpose, self-rising or cake; whether it's processed or whole grain or not.

I use spelt which is an older strain of wheat but people with wheat allergies tolerate it well. It's lighter, digests easier and many pastries in Europe use it as it's lighter and rises better. Not sure about the gluten content. I read it's lower than what is commonly used but in some places I saw it higher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flour

I understand it's all wheat, but how it's processed will have a huge impact. Whole wheat flour - the reason it makes shitty bread is because the bran literally cuts the gluten strands, inhibiting gluten formation. You gotsta have good gluten formation for good pizza dough.

I'm Beas thinking since it was from Whole avoids, they might be doing healthier versions using whole wheat.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:32 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I understand it's all wheat, but how it's processed will have a huge impact. Whole wheat flour - the reason it makes shitty bread is because the bran literally cuts the gluten strands, inhibiting gluten formation. You gotsta have good gluten formation for good pizza dough.

I'm Beas thinking since it was from Whole avoids, they might be doing healthier versions using whole wheat.
It didn't look whole wheat to me but I've had awesome whole wheat crusts, when I could still eat wheat and the same is true for homemade bread. I love those heavier peasant breads—what folks could survive on at one time. Their own pizza station didn't even sell pizza with whole grain crusts that I saw. Come to think of it, I think it was just more of an off white...but not really whole grain either. Going by memory. I'll take a look again.
[Reply]
Donger 07:37 PM 01-01-2016
Non-risen glob of crusty dough...

:-)

Donger's great pizza experiment is now officially over, for all time.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:37 PM 01-01-2016
Here's a review of Whole Foods Pizza Dough. The package says white on it. (BTW, most natural markets or ones labeled "organic" still sell white flour products including French baguettes. It's white but it's still organic and usually unbleached. They even carry some white rice—like basmati.

Rating is 4.5 stars out of 5.

you're looking to save some time and money, but still want to enjoy a delicious pizza that tastes homemade, buying frozen pizza dough can be a great solution. Here I review Whole Foods Market Certified Organic White Pizza Dough, available in their freezer section.

Whole Foods Frozen Pizza Dough
Originally Posted by :
Whole Foods Market Certified Organic White Pizza Dough can be found in the freezer section of Whole Foods Market.

They also sell a whole wheat variety. A medium sized frozen ball of dough weighing in at one pound, it's small and easy to get home. And at only $1.99 it has the possibility to be a great time saver. While nothing can replace the taste and texture of homemade pizza dough, buying pre-made pizza dough can save hours of time and allow you to make pizza at home with just the bare minimum of advance planning.
http://pizza.about.com/od/PizzaProdu...uct-Review.htm

I read several reviews of it before I bought when I made pizza for that Halloween meal.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:39 PM 01-01-2016
That same page also says this:
Originally Posted by :
Plus, it's organic! All you need to do is defrost the dough in the refrigerator the night before and then bring it up to room temperature before you want to use it, which takes about 30 to 40 minutes.

"Just Shape, Top, and Bake."

Once the dough is at room temperature it should be about one and a half times the size it was as a frozen ball. As it says on the front of the bag, “Just shape, top, and bake.” There aren't really directions for how to shape or stretch it, but if you know how to stretch pizza dough then you'll do fine with this one. Stretching it out was actually fairly easy—the dough did not tear or overstretch and it wasn't too sticky. It did shrink back on itself a bit, making it difficult to get a very thin crust, but it's probably possible if you have more patience than I do.

Like any dough, it's important to stretch it on a well-floured surface and with floured hands. There's enough dough in the bag to make one medium-to-large pie—sufficient for two people—or one very hungry one.

[Reply]
Donger 07:44 PM 01-01-2016
Mine didn't look like that, BEP. It's in a plastic container and not frozen.

It doesn't matter. I have limited patience and it's gone now.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:49 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by Donger:

Damn you give up easily.
[Reply]
Donger 07:51 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Damn you give up easily.
This was my fifth attempt, so I don't agree with your assessment.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:57 PM 01-01-2016

Mine was in a plastic container; not frozen.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:57 PM 01-01-2016
Jeezaz, five attempts. I wouldn't have lasted after the second attempt.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:57 PM 01-01-2016

Will you try one more where you make the dough? It's very easy, I promise. I'll send you a recipe.

Just one more try.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:57 PM 01-01-2016
It would be getting to the point of personal with me.

Shit gets personal and I'm gonna figure it out even if we are eating shit pizza crusts every day for a year.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:58 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
It would be getting to the point of personal with me.

Shit gets personal and I'm gonna figure it out even if we are eating shit pizza crusts every day for a year.

:-)

Me, too. I had a fair number of mediocre pizzas before I figured it out.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:05 PM 01-01-2016
Nah, I'll use half of it in a lasagna. I already got two pounds of the low moisture.
If you can get the other ingredients, seems like a perfect time for caprese salad. Maybe add in some sliced onion and balsamic.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 1207
« First < 23636970717273 74757677831231735731073 > Last »
Up