ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 1207
« First < 162223242526 2728293036761265261026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:38 AM 10-21-2015
Originally Posted by Squalor2:
how did you get the color/bark on the belly?

Cooked in a concoction of soy, mirin, sugar, green onion, garlic, and ginger (all blitzed in the Vitamix). Then sliced and broiled for a few minutes per side to caramelize. The soy and sugar brown nicely.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:56 AM 10-21-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Cooked in a concoction of soy, mirin, sugar, green onion, garlic, and ginger (all blitzed in the Vitamix). Then sliced and broiled for a free minutes per side to caramelize. The soy and sugar brown nicely.
I wish I had free time :-)

Looks amazing man. So tell me what a pork belly tastes like? What is the texture? I am having a hard time imagining it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:11 AM 10-21-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I wish I had free time :-)

Looks amazing man. So tell me what a pork belly tastes like? What is the texture? I am having a hard time imagining it.
That was a "few" minutes.

Well, it's basically uncured bacon, so it's pretty fatty. But it's that tender, super rich fat (I've heard it called "royal" fat, IIRC, but I can't seem to find that now). It's "porky," not bacony, though. It's melt-in-your mouth.

Finished under the broiler, it has a bit of a crispness to the exterior, but not a crunch like bacon. Some people prepare it with the skin on and fry it skin-side down to add some big-time crispness from the cracklin, but I don't like the skin (sometimes it just becomes tough and leathery, and I don't like dealing with it).
[Reply]
tooge 08:11 AM 10-21-2015
No pic, but I made a rockin pureed roasted cauliflower and sweet potato bisque that was amazing. Roasted the cauliflower, and diced sweet taters. Placed in a vitamix with some vegetable stock and a very small amount of cream. Salt/pepper, garlic, and a very small amount of ground cinnamon. Will do again.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:53 PM 10-24-2015
Made pozole as a post Royals celebration hangover cure.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:03 PM 10-24-2015
Change in the weather had me jonesing for an open-faced pot roast sandwich.

Simple. delicious.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:17 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Simple. delicious.

How do you cook your roast?

I picked up a 2.4 pound bottom round roast on sale today. I'm thinking about trying a new recipe I found online that cooks it like a prime rib roast. 500 degree oven, cook for 5 min a pound, shut the oven off and leave for 1 hour, take it out rest for 15 min for medium rare.

Normally use the slow cooker with lots of veggies.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:19 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Simple. delicious.

What kind of roast? My favorite is chuck.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:22 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:

I picked up a 2.4 pound bottom round roast on sale today. I'm thinking about trying a new recipe I found online that cooks it like a prime rib roast. 500 degree oven, cook for 5 min a pound, shut the oven off and leave for 1 hour, take it out rest for 15 min for medium rare.

Wife usually runs slow cooker and veggies.

I can't really justify any other method for ease of cooking cleanup etc.

Success or failure almost always has hinged on the cut of roast.

The only thing we've done different is grilled a few of them. A sirloin roast was F'in awesome. Most of the rest were meh.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:30 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:

Yeah, since I knew I was slicing it up for sandwiches, I crock-potted it with the potatoes to mash and put on top. Nothing fancy, just let the meat, bread, potatoes and gravy do the work.

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
What kind of roast? My favorite is chuck.
It was shoulder, but I got a 'manager's special' on a Certified Angus cut close to best by date.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:34 PM 10-24-2015
Speaking of roasts, does anyone have a decent recipe for Mexican style roast beef? Similar to chipotles barbacoa?
[Reply]
Pablo 06:38 PM 10-24-2015
Speaking of roasts, does anyone have a decent recipe for Mexican style roast beef? Similar to chipotles barbacoa?
Made this yesterday in the crockpot and it was legit. I would guess you could sub a beef roast of your choice and it would work out just fine.

http://cincyshopper.com/copycat-chip...rnitas-recipe/
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:39 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Pablo:

Made this yesterday in the crockpot and it was legit. I would guess you could sub a beef roast of your choice and it would work out just fine.
Recipe?
[Reply]
Pablo 06:40 PM 10-24-2015
Recipe?
Link wouldn't paste for some reason, but I got it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:42 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Link wouldn't paste for some reason, but I got it.
Thanks bud.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 1207
« First < 162223242526 2728293036761265261026 > Last »
Up