ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 170 of 1207
« First < 70120160166167168169170 1711721731741802202706701170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
lewdog 08:22 AM 06-19-2016
Had my parents over yesterday. Used my Bradley smoker. What a piece of shit. The bottom plastic molding cracked last time I used it and door is hard to close. Yesterday the plastic and bottom hinge cracked and the door fell off. What a waste of $300. I've used it about 8 times total. Do not buy.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:45 PM 06-22-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Ok, but what did you put on the chicken?
Oops! I meant flour. No bread crumbs. I thought that part looked obvious.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:50 PM 06-22-2016
Thick cut rib-eye, fettuccini Alfredo from scratch, and a scratch made chocolate chip cheesecake. And a Caesar salad to start
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:52 PM 06-22-2016
Had a flat tire. Had to wait in an auto shop while the men fixed the tire. They had all men's mags, like hunting stuff. There was one Rachel Ray mag with a recipe that caught my eye.— a Pear and Blue Cheese Quiche. Went to the supermarket right after and made it immediately for dinner later.

Sounds gross doesn't it? But I have always loved pears with any kind of blue cheese, either Gorgonzola or Bleu Cheese, usually in a salad with walnuts. So it really appealed to me especially with the little sage leaf garnishes.

It was delicious! Served it with a salad that had some berried in it using a raspberry walnut dressing.

Here it is:
Attached: Bleu Chesse Pear QuicheRSF.png (399.4 KB) close-up blu cheeseRS.png (357.3 KB) Salad w BerriesRSF.png (439.2 KB) 
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:57 PM 06-22-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Lets hear it, how does that go...
I haven't had my own computer for awhile so couldn't post a picture. But the one mentioned here that you are referring came out a bit tough doing it in the pan. I wanted the pork to be more braised and tender with a stronger Marsala flavor.

Then I looked up another recipe for the sauce and saw it used half n' half Marsala wine and chicken broth plus butter.

So I took same recipe and increase the Marsala to half and half with the chicken broth, sauteed a large shallot and cooked in the slow cooker instead.

Was wonderful! I think I finally nailed it. I will post a pic next. Just starting to get then on my computer from over a week ago.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:16 PM 06-22-2016
The pear and blue cheese quiche and salad looks like edible art, very nice

The pairing doesnt sound weird to me at all, fruit and cheese always go well together... very Martha Stewart of you, would definitely try
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:21 PM 06-22-2016
Pork Marsala served with Pasta al Pomodoro and a small salad.
Attached: Pork MarsalaRSF.png (352.0 KB) PorkChopRSF.png (360.2 KB) Pasta al PomodoroRSF.png (387.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:37 PM 06-22-2016
The quiche was light summer eating at its best... lovely

But dat marsala though, thats the real rib sticker :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:40 PM 06-22-2016
The pear and blue cheese quiche and salad looks like edible art, very nice

The pairing doesnt sound weird to me at all, fruit and cheese always go well together... very Martha Stewart of you, would definitely try
It was in Everday with Rachel Ray but I haven't found this particular recipe online. So here it is.

It's not a heavy quiche either with cream or half n' half. It called for low fat Chobani Greek Yogurt and a cup of 2% milk instead, plus 6 eggs. I didn't make the crust but went crustless. Less fattening. She just buys a pastry shell and pats it into pan not in any fancy way.

You use three pears. Yu dice two into half inch pieces and sautée in a tablespoon of butter and 2 tbsp sugar. ( I use Stevia) Use a deep dish pie pan put those on bottom and then sprinkle half cup of blue cheese. I bought the imported in a wedge and broke it up.

Then in a blender blend until frothy the 6 eggs, 1 cup milk, 2 cups yogurt plus 1/2 tsp ground white pepper, 1/8 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp salt.

Pour over diced pears and blue cheese on bottom of pan. Then slice last pear lengthwise into sections and and sautée those in a tablespoon of butter for topping.

Bake at 325° for 1 Hour and 20 minutes or up to 30 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 40 minutes. Center firms up over time. So if center looks too loose either cook for the ten more minutes and just let it firm up. I went for the extra ten minutes and it still had to firm up over time once out. Top pears should brown slightly.

Sprinkle some crumbled blue cheese and garnish with fresh sage leaves as an option. ( I also had sprinkled a tiny bit more nutmeg on those top pears for looks before baking, fyi.)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:40 PM 06-22-2016
The quiche was light summer eating at its best... lovely

But dat marsala though, thats the real rib sticker :-)
Yeah, it was heavy and filling.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:32 AM 06-23-2016
From last Saturday night's dinner. BBQ shrimp on the grill. Was uber Delicious!
Served with a brown rice cooked in chicken brother onion, diced tomatoes, green peppers and some corn with garlic and herbs. The rice went perfect with this and was bursting with flavor. Made this one up. Of course, gotta always have some veggies so there was a side of steamed green beans and my usual salad. The latter of which you've all seen plenty of pictures already.
Attached: BBQ ShrimpRSF#.png (289.1 KB) 
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:05 AM 06-23-2016
sous vide prime ribeye

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:17 AM 06-23-2016
Looks good! Little too rare for me on the inside but to each his own. That exterior looks awesome.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:41 AM 06-23-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Looks good! Little too rare for me on the inside but to each his own. That exterior looks awesome.
BEP check out FMBs Sous Vide thread. It's way different than if you got a steak looking like that off a grill.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:50 AM 06-23-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
BEP check out FMBs Sous Vide thread. It's way different than if you got a steak looking like that off a grill.
I'm familiar with some of his sous vide posts but I thought he used it for chicken only. It just seems complicated. I'll take a look later though.

Gotta go shopping at the mall right now. :-)
[Reply]
Page 170 of 1207
« First < 70120160166167168169170 1711721731741802202706701170 > Last »
Up