ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 287
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
underEJ 07:12 PM 05-02-2014
My co-worker's dad wrote the book it is based on, and is also the cartoonist/writer played by Jake Gyllenhaal in Zodiac. Both Auto Focus and Zodiac are good books and Kinnear is just fantastic in the movie. I really enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by scott free:
For those of you in that 35-50 demo, or any demo really, its a great story/morality tale... check out "Auto Focus" on Starz premium, its the story of Bob Crane of Hogans Hero's fame... I was a HUGE Hogans fan growing up, so this one caught my attention.

"Auto Focus on Starz huh, prolly just another piece of shit movie they've dug up for me and my extra money I pay"... then I looked at what the movie was about.

Greg Kinnear as Bob, Willem Dafoe as Charlie the video tech wizard... what could go wrong?

Super sweet guy starting out, not a Hollywood sleaze in the least, happily married with kids, a religious man... but even in his innocent days he had a fetish for girly mags, and that fetish only grows with time as his self fueling addicition/fame cycle went.

Then "Heroes" came along, opening all kinds of new doors, doors he shoudlnt have opened, but couldnt resist... it was his one vice.

He wasnt into drugs, wasnt a drunk... but he got drawn into a very sordid world of "sex, lies and videotape"... great, Great movie, Kinnear has all of the guy next door charm he needed and Dafoe is, well, perfect, as Charlie.

[Reply]
Easy 6 07:18 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by underEJ:
My co-worker's dad wrote the book it is based on, and is also the cartoonist/writer played by Jake Gyllenhaal in Zodiac. Both Auto Focus and Zodiac are good books and Kinnear is just fantastic in the movie. I really enjoyed it.
You have some super cool co-workers, old chum.

Its an interesting life you lead, and yeah... Kinnear was flippin fantastic.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:19 PM 05-02-2014
Zodiac the film was fantastic
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
NewChief 09:09 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Not an unknown movie in the least. IIRC, it got some Oscar noms back in the day.
Yeah. I remember that and watched it back then. Definitely worth seeing again though.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:24 PM 05-03-2014
Have not seen this trailer yet, nor have I heard anything about this upcoming movie. Looks pretty interesting...

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:04 PM 05-04-2014
Watched yet another GREAT but unheralded movie on either Encore or Starz this morning... CBGB, the story of the coolest music club ever known to man.

Television, The Dead Boys, Blondie, The Ramones, The Talking Heads, Iggy Pop, Richard Hell... ALL of these guys and more got their start here because no one else would have them.

Alan Rickman is GREAT as Hilly Kristal, the man was just eccentric and **** ed up enough to deserve what he got in the end, the man was totally dedicated to the music, even after the club became a landmark, he was still being a profligate spender, not paying attention to his books, not paying the bills, not caring what certain media circles were saying. He was an idiot savant teenager in a grown mans body IMO, just smart and stubborn enough to stick to his guns.

The cartoon storyboard effects they use are cheap and unnecessary, they hurt the movie... but still, this is a great watch for anyone who loves rock n roll. Before I even knew what in the hell it was about, I wanted and got a CBGB OMFUG t-shirt

Country
Blue
Grass
Blues

and

Other
Music
For
Uplifitng
Gourmandizers
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:11 PM 05-04-2014

[Reply]
KcMizzou 08:44 PM 05-04-2014
The best thing I can say about Don Jon is that I liked it enough to finish it. The acting is great. Really convincing. The problem is that the characters are completely unlikable douchebags.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:52 PM 05-04-2014
Originally Posted by Count Zarth:
Apparently transcendence is a pile of shit. Sounds like I'll be stealing it.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:54 PM 05-04-2014
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
The best thing I can say about Don Jon is that I liked it enough to finish it. The acting is great. Really convincing. The problem is that the characters are completely unlikable douchebags.
Almost watched this on Netflix the other day.

I'm sure I'll eventually watch it if im bored or something.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:18 AM 05-05-2014
I really liked Don Jon. And it got 81% from critics on RT, 61% from audiences. Just saying, those of you that didn't like it are in the fairly clear minority.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 04:38 AM 05-05-2014
I really liked Don Jon. And it got 81% from critics on RT, 61% from audiences. Just saying, those of you that didn't like it are in the fairly clear minority.
Were most of the 81% from Jersey and Long Island? :-)

I watched it all, and it was mildly amusing. I didn't hate it. 1 star.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:58 AM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by BCD:
Were most of the 81% from Jersey and Long Island? :-)

I watched it all, and it was mildly amusing. I didn't hate it. 1 star.

1 star by all accounts would indicate hatred.
[Reply]
-King- 08:34 AM 05-05-2014
It sucked.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:14 AM 05-05-2014
Don Jon was trash. If that had anyone but JGL attached to it it wouldn't even have been made.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 287
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up