ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 287
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:04 PM 04-01-2014
Saw the new Arnold flick.

It was an Arnold flick.

Immensely satisfied. Immensely. The ending was note perfect.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 08:38 PM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
"Mud" is on Netflix instant now.

Good flick. Although, I kept asking myself, where did he get his smokes if he couldn't get food?
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:55 PM 04-01-2014
Started the new Lone Ranger about 25 minutes ago, cant believe STARZ had it so fast and whats more I cant believe how much I'm digging this, TOTALLY thought this would be a turd... but its actually like the original Indiana Jones set in the wild west.

Beautiful live sets, cinematography, the acting is no joke either... a true sight for my sore eyes, so why did it bomb?

The EXTREMELY sad realization hit me a few minutes ago that the "wild west" no longer holds any fascination or mystery for todays kids, its just dead to them... "horses and trains, old time guns and cowboy hats... I'm bored Dad".

No lie, this movie, and what became of it... feels like a true passing of the torch, kids simply don't give a shit about this kind of old stuff anymore, they couldn't be bothered, its somehow too far removed from them.

This movie should've been HUGE, it wasn't, and its not my generations fault... but it still makes me sad... it seems like all these kids today want is some bleep bloop blarp bullshit, no soul, no fascination with history... unless its some "old" Nintendo game.

Not to blame the kids, it happens... but its sad beyond words to see the western die before my eyes.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:59 PM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
Started the new Lone Ranger about 25 minutes ago, cant believe STARZ had it so fast and whats more I cant believe how much I'm digging this, TOTALLY thought this would be a turd... but its actually like the original Indiana Jones set in the wild west.

Beautiful live sets, cinematography, the acting is no joke either... a true sight for my sore eyes, so why did it bomb?

The EXTREMELY sad realization hit me a few minutes ago that the "wild west" no longer holds any fascination or mystery for todays kids, its just dead to them... "horses and trains, old time guns and cowboy hats... I'm bored Dad".

No lie, this movie, and what became of it... feels like a true passing of the torch, kids simply don't give a shit about this kind of old stuff anymore, they couldn't be bothered, its somehow too far removed from them.

This movie should've been HUGE, it wasn't, and its not my generations fault... but it still makes me sad... it seems like all these kids today want is some bleep bloop blarp bullshit, no soul, no fascination with history... unless its some "old" Nintendo game.

Not to blame the kids, it happens... but its sad beyond words to see the western die before my eyes.

I saw it in the theater with my son who's 9 and we both enjoyed it. It didn't deserve to bomb the way it did. It's not out of this world spectacular, but it's not horrible either.

The media had it out for this movie from the start. When it didn't open huge, they all jumped on it like sharks. But whatever, I try not to listen to the medias judgement.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:00 PM 04-01-2014
You're being stupid. Several great western movies have come out in recent years. Well reviewed, made money, etc. Check out 3:10 to Yuma.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:01 PM 04-01-2014

Ah, thought you'd catch me with the late April Fools. Not happening, scott free.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:01 PM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I saw it in the theater with my son who's 9 and we both enjoyed it. It didn't deserve to bomb the way it did. It's not out of this world spectacular, but it's not horrible either.

The media had it out for this movie from the start. When it didn't open huge, they all jumped on it like sharks. But whatever, I try not to listen to the medias judgement.
Very glad to hear Jr. enjoyed it, very glad.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:15 PM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by Douche Baggins:
You're being stupid. Several great western movies have come out in recent years. Well reviewed, made money, etc. Check out 3:10 to Yuma.
Yuma was a modest hit that appealed to/meant for adults only... like I said, cant blame the kids, they're a product of their time... but they voted with moms purse on this incredibly well done movie and it will have a lasting impact.

Most of the new generation couldn't care less about dusty old westerns, I'd bet anything on it... just dial up the bleep bloop blorp and bank.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:25 PM 04-01-2014
Draft Day hits the theaters on April 11th.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:57 PM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Draft Day hits the theaters on April 11th.
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:25 AM 04-02-2014
After viewing Arnold's latest at the cinema I had to check out Escape Plan.

:-)

I'm so mad I didn't go to see it in the theater. It was completely fucking awesome. Like it was right out of 1987.

HAVE A LOVELY DAY. ASSHOLE!

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:28 AM 04-02-2014
Originally Posted by Fairplay:
300 Rise of an Empire was real good, shows the navel battle that went on while the 300 army was doing its thing.

Spoiler!
Are you talking about the 301?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:33 AM 04-02-2014
Watched "The Wolf of Wall Street" and "Gravity". Wolf was a fucking awesome movie. Gravity was pretty good.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:43 AM 04-02-2014
Finally going to watch The Hunger Games.
[Reply]
jiveturkey 11:01 AM 04-02-2014
Lucy

[Reply]
Page 34 of 287
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up