ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 333
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:31 AM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Why not?

On MLB.TV, I watch Athletics games just because of Glen Kuiper. I think he's one of the top 10 play-by-play broadcasters in MLB.

Judging by A's fans' social media posts, it seems like most of them are bummed that he could get fired over this because they love listening to him. Kuiper gives them a reason to tune into a team going nowhere and that's going to break their heart moving to Las Vegas.

It just bugs that me that outage from a few armchair pussies could wreck a guy's career that most fans like to listen to.
I'm sure your search was very thorough. :-)

People still watched Dodgers games when Vin Scully retired. People still watched Reds games when Thom Brennaman was fired. If the A's get rid of Glen Kuiper, the 25 people that watch A's games on TV will still be watching.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:41 AM 05-06-2023
This is a dick move by the A's. Totally gutless not to back your guy that you know made a human mistake.

Lmao, how is that a mistake? I've never heard someone mistakingly call it the N word museum.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:41 AM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
People still watched Reds games when Thom Brennaman was fired. If the A's get rid of Glen Kuiper, the 25 people that watch A's games on TV will still be watching.
Let's get this straight.

Thom Brennaman said a disparaging, hateful remark with intent and he deserved what he got. He was an asshole and he really wasn't beloved by his fanbase.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 08:50 AM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lmao, how is that a mistake? I've never heard someone mistakingly call it the N word museum.
Yes you have. Cause that's what happened.

Or you figure this guy's secret plan was to go into broadcasting, have major success with it, get himself regarded as the best in the business, then keep at it for 35 years of pure quality....just for the perfect May day in 2023 to intentionally call the Negro league musuem the hard-R museum? To get himself fired and canceled, why, as an epic long-con troll job? That was his 35 year master plan?

I feel compelled to teach you the principle of Occam's razor. It could help you a lot with critical thinking. Come see me during my office hours post haste.
[Reply]
jettio 08:55 AM 05-06-2023
This is a dick move by the A's. Totally gutless not to back your guy that you know made a human mistake.

Reasonable move to say unacceptable language that is not condoned.

Would be really damn dumb to never say anything.

I do not see anything about any decision about termination or suspension.

Maybe the guy makes an apology and donation to the fundraising drive that was announced earlier this week.

If you are going to judge the A's communications department so harshly and prematurely maybe you are not the dude that should set the standard.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:11 AM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
Reasonable move to say unacceptable language that is not condoned.

Would be really damn dumb to never say anything.

I do not see anything about any decision about termination or suspension.

Maybe the guy makes an apology and donation to the fundraising drive that was announced earlier this week.

If you are going to judge the A's communications department so harshly and prematurely maybe you are not the dude that should set the standard.
I used to do SEC Reporting which is a game of nothing but public statements. "Working to address the situation" means "we have our lawyers looking into if we can fire him on the spot for cause or if we leave ourselves exposed to legal backlash if we do. We may need to negotiate a buyout where he announces himself that he has stepped down, but hopefully we can just fire him ASAP. Just waiting on legal to let us know how to proceed here"
[Reply]
jettio 09:20 AM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I used to do SEC Reporting which is a game of nothing but public statements. "Working to address the situation" means "we have our lawyers looking into if we can fire him on the spot for cause or if we leave ourselves exposed to legal backlash if we do. We may need to negotiate a buyout where he announces himself that he has stepped down, but hopefully we can just fire him ASAP. Just waiting on legal to let us know how to proceed here"
Well, this is California and everyone remembers Veronica Corningstone and her teleprompter prank.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:50 AM 05-06-2023
going tonight to support locain
[Reply]
lewdog 10:17 AM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
Jake Eisenberg was on the TV with Rex Hudler tonight.

IMO has a nice pleasant voice and attitude. I had the game on a screen that I could hear but was not watching until the game got close and I got to watch Royals fall apart again.

I think Eisenberg did a good job of sounding positive without being a phony like Steve Physioc.
I thought he sucked. Every hard hit ball was unneeded inflection. Like fans gasping on every hard hit ball like a home run. This isn’t like announcing the WWE. Some really dumb positive comments too.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:38 AM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Yes you have. Cause that's what happened.

Or you figure this guy's secret plan was to go into broadcasting, have major success with it, get himself regarded as the best in the business, then keep at it for 35 years of pure quality....just for the perfect May day in 2023 to intentionally call the Negro league musuem the hard-R museum? To get himself fired and canceled, why, as an epic long-con troll job? That was his 35 year master plan?

I feel compelled to teach you the principle of Occam's razor. It could help you a lot with critical thinking. Come see me during my office hours post haste.
I just don't Ocotillo very much, so I decided to argue. I've heard a bunch of people that say negro leagues and it sounds very close to the n word. Like most of 610's hosts will do it, hell some lady during a HOF speech (I believe) called it the N word museum. A lot of people say it really weird and don't emphasize the NE- and so it sounds a bit off.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:54 AM 05-06-2023
I get either reaction but this word is constantly on the mind of white ppl because they are so afraid of it. When you get nervous or uncomfortable sometimes these things can happen. I doubt he says negro on a daily basis and was flustered.
[Reply]
kstater 11:12 AM 05-06-2023
If it was a slip of the tongue, his reaction would be an oh shit and immediate correction. I’m guessing it’s an inside joke between the announcers that led to the slip up. I just don’t know how you can reconcile saying that and not be immediately be horrified with yourself, even if the intent wasn’t there.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:53 AM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Like fans gasping on every hard hit ball like a home run.
Yeah, what's up with that? I was at the game last night and every time a Royals player hit a ball in the air, half the crowd acted like it was a 500ft moonshot. Get some depth perception or something people! You know which balls you knew were homers though? The two softball home run derby balls that Tomato Can Keller served up. A blind person could tell those two were headed for the seats.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:37 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yeah, what's up with that? I was at the game last night and every time a Royals player hit a ball in the air, half the crowd acted like it was a 500ft moonshot. Get some depth perception or something people! You know which balls you knew were homers though? The two softball home run derby balls that Tomato Can Keller served up. A blind person could tell those two were headed for the seats.
They were just excited to see contact.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:39 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by kstater:
If it was a slip of the tongue, his reaction would be an oh shit and immediate correction. I’m guessing it’s an inside joke between the announcers that led to the slip up. I just don’t know how you can reconcile saying that and not be immediately be horrified with yourself, even if the intent wasn’t there.
I’d put the odds of this at about 0%
[Reply]
Page 103 of 333
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Up