ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 145 of 1208
« First < 4595135141142143144145 1461471481491551952456451145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buzz 05:12 PM 05-01-2016
and Lew, it reminds of why I don't like to fry foods in the house, it stinks the place up! If you can do it on a grill I would go that direction and use a cast iron pot.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:15 PM 05-01-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
and Lew, it reminds of why I don't like to fry foods in the house, it stinks the place up! If you can do it on a grill I would go that direction and use a cast iron pot.
Thanks Mr. Aldrin.

I might give this a try in a few weekends went I am cooking out by the pool.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:22 PM 05-01-2016
I am doing Strip Steak and spaghetti squash tonight. I've never done spaghetti squash but I'm still in my weight loss phase and eating fairly low carbs. Gonna bake for 30-40 minutes in oven and see how it goes.

Steak has been seasoned with salt/pepper and in the fridge over night like always. Cooking steak in cast iron like always. Thanks FMB for those pointers. My wife is super picky and says my steaks are the best she's ever had and I can even get her to eat fattier steaks now where before she would only eat well-done sirloin. She's rather disgusting, I know.
[Reply]
Buzz 05:28 PM 05-01-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Thanks Mr. Aldrin.

I might give this a try in a few weekends went I am cooking out by the pool.

It may take a bit of practice, mine where sticking to the bottom of the pan and trying to turn too soon just knocked off the batter. I found letting them go for about 3 to 4 min. and then turning worked the best.
[Reply]
Buzz 05:33 PM 05-01-2016
I am doing Strip Steak and spaghetti squash tonight. I've never done spaghetti squash but I'm still in my weight loss phase and eating fairly low carbs. Gonna bake for 30-40 minutes in oven and see how it goes.

Steak has been seasoned with salt/pepper and in the fridge over night like always. Cooking steak in cast iron like always. Thanks FMB for those pointers. My wife is super picky and says my steaks are the best she's ever had and I can even get her to eat fattier steaks now where before she would only eat well-done sirloin. She's rather disgusting, I know.

We did spaghetti squash a few weeks ago and it was good. Split in half, rubbed down with olive oil, seasoned and baked in the oven. It has a lot of fiber as it cleaned me out well the next day.
[Reply]
Squalor2 07:39 PM 05-01-2016
welp, i played with a brisket flat today. just pulled it off the smoker at 204 and it is bagged and toweled in a cooler resting.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 07:41 PM 05-01-2016
purple potatoes & tri tip

potatoes just drizzled in olive oil and spices and in tinfoil

tri tip dry rubbed

I forgot how much i love purple potatoes
[Reply]
lewdog 07:44 PM 05-01-2016
Medium rare on the inside. Perfect. Spaghetti squash was surprisingly very good with just olive oil, salt and pepper.

I must have some ok knives Buzz, it split pretty easily. :-)

[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 07:44 PM 05-01-2016

I fuckign love spaghetti squash

Hope you like it as much as I do man....split in half, drizzled and roasted like you said maybe a lil longer....youll find your sweet spot.

I actually dont miss pasta when I get this...
[Reply]
Buzz 07:55 PM 05-01-2016
Medium rare on the inside. Perfect. Spaghetti squash was surprisingly very good with just olive oil, salt and pepper.

Would plow, looks great!
[Reply]
Buzz 08:00 PM 05-01-2016
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
purple potatoes & tri tip

potatoes just drizzled in olive oil and spices and in tinfoil

tri tip dry rubbed

I forgot how much i love purple potatoes

Where did you get tri tip and how did you cook it? I keep hearing about this cut of meat and never see it?
[Reply]
Squalor2 08:13 PM 05-01-2016

you nailed the squash.
[Reply]
Squalor2 08:20 PM 05-01-2016
that is pork next to it though.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:34 PM 05-01-2016
Originally Posted by Squalor2:
that is pork next to it though.
:-)

No. Cast iron gets it dark on outside but keeps it rare on inside. Perfect combo.
[Reply]
srvy 08:35 PM 05-01-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Where did you get tri tip and how did you cook it? I keep hearing about this cut of meat and never see it?
Try Hyvee as I have gotten it there. Also I am not sure but I think it also goes by the name flat iron steak. I could be wrong but it looks the same.
[Reply]
Page 145 of 1208
« First < 4595135141142143144145 1461471481491551952456451145 > Last »
Up