ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1155 of 1208
« First < 15565510551105114511511152115311541155 115611571158115911651205 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:25 AM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
I’ve noticed that they have been drizzling Hot Honey on pizza lately, I need to try it.

I would eat salami on pizza as well.
It wasn’t hot honey but when I was in college in Emporia 20 years ago they had a Pyramid Pizza that served honey with their pizza and it was fucking glorious.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:43 PM 02-24-2023
Promise yall I'm nearly over posting about pizza but its the only thing splurge worthy that I've been eating lately.

Tried something different this week by creating a poolish, which is kind of like a sourdough starter but with commercial yeast vs naturally occurring yeast.

Went straight pep as my control, then experimented with an olive, pesto, and almond for science.

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:51 PM 02-24-2023
Dude those all look good as hell.
[Reply]
Fish 09:56 PM 02-24-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It wasn’t hot honey but when I was in college in Emporia 20 years ago they had a Pyramid Pizza that served honey with their pizza and it was fucking glorious.
I worked at that Pyramid Pizza around 97-99. We did that funky twisted crust, and included ranch and honey with every pizza. Crust dipped in honey with red pepper flakes was the shit.

Fuck that 3am bar crowd when working there though...
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:59 PM 02-24-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
I worked at that Pyramid Pizza around 97-99. We did that funky twisted crust, and included ranch and honey with every pizza. Crust dipped in honey with red pepper flakes was the shit.

Fuck that 3am bar crowd when working there though...
LOL. Awesome. I showed up in 02.

That was probably the best crust around. The pizza was good not great but that crust was amazing.

Never did the late pizza gig.
[Reply]
Fish 10:07 PM 02-24-2023
LOL. Awesome. I showed up in 02.

That was probably the best crust around. The pizza was good not great but that crust was amazing.

Never did the late pizza gig.
It was fucking prime pie when I was working there. LOL. We had great ingredients, and were not skimpy on toppings. We actually served several "Off the menu" pies for repeat customers.

Man, I'm hungry for pizza now...
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:19 PM 02-24-2023

**** that 3am bar crowd when working there though...
I worked at Falsetto's in Aggieville in the 80s....that was good pizza
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:20 PM 02-24-2023
It was fucking prime pie when I was working there. LOL. We had great ingredients, and were not skimpy on toppings. We actually served several "Off the menu" pies for repeat customers.

Man, I'm hungry for pizza now...
I get hungry for Pyramid. That itch doesn’t get scratched by any other pizza, at least stuff that I have access to.

It was really good.
[Reply]
srvy 02:53 PM 02-25-2023
Wish I had a Trader Joe's nearby Id give the spicey honey a try. I have been ordering from Amazon Mike's Hot honey for years. I love it on wings biscuits and fried chicken. I just ordered Mike's extra hot which is new.

Never heard of that spreadable salami very interesting. I need to step up my pep game Hormel extra thick is what I grab and it's so so.

I have been tempted for years to get a pizza oven but I can get the Rectec Bull up to 700* in summertime easy here.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:18 PM 02-25-2023
I've probably had a 100 or so slices of Joe's Pizza By The Slice in KC over the years. Each time sausage drizzled in honey. Hot honey is a game changer though.

Pizza cooking temps and ingredients definitely vary depending on style.

The Neapolitan-style that I've been doing won't work as well sub 750F and uses 00 flour with the highest protein count you can find (I have success with Caputo blue).

I have a Detroit style pizza pan arriving on Monday and it uses bread flour and only needs temps around 550F so I'll likely do it in the oven.

I have a Chicago style tavern recipe that I'm dying to try that's similar. All purpose flour, around 550F.

Also the best domestic pepperoni comes from Ezzo in Columbus OH, but the best readily available I've found is Boars Head Traditional Stick and slice it thin to cup.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:29 PM 02-25-2023
And an infrared thermometer is a must have for pizza stones, griddles, etc

Super handy
[Reply]
lewdog 06:55 PM 02-26-2023
I grocery shop usually every Saturday morning. I notice that many times they have meat on sale they are looking to move quickly from it's sell by date. Lately that's been flank steak at $5.99/lb and it's been fantastic. It comes marinated already and it's super tender after 4-5 minutes a side on the grill.

[Reply]
Easy 6 07:04 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Wish I had a Trader Joe's nearby Id give the spicey honey a try. I have been ordering from Amazon Mike's Hot honey for years. I love it on wings biscuits and fried chicken. I just ordered Mike's extra hot which is new.

Never heard of that spreadable salami very interesting. I need to step up my pep game Hormel extra thick is what I grab and it's so so.

I have been tempted for years to get a pizza oven but I can get the Rectec Bull up to 700* in summertime easy here.
Dude, when are you finally gonna post more pics of your wifes Filipino cooking?

I remember you posting a huge spread she made 10 years ago or more, it looked amazing... you've been found guilty of sandbagging the Planet, tell us more about her dishes and how to make them you old buzzard!
[Reply]
threebag 09:36 PM 02-26-2023
You remember those big ass rolls served with school lunches? We had a big ass like 5lb stainless container of butter and bottles of honey…. The Cinnamon Rolls were fire too. I need to come across a good Midwest School Cookbook :-)
[Reply]
srvy 10:13 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Dude, when are you finally gonna post more pics of your wifes Filipino cooking?

I remember you posting a huge spread she made 10 years ago or more, it looked amazing... you've been found guilty of sandbagging the Planet, tell us more about her dishes and how to make them you old buzzard!
She works 2 jobs now leaving one to start a new job at the new airport at Martin City Brewing. She is too tired to cook much so I am filling in the cooking.

She wakes me at 3:30 am with the awful smell of dried fish frying in oil garlic fried rice and egg. It's a typical Filipino breakfast considered a delicacy there. Nothing in this world smells worse on par with week-old road kill on a hot august midwest summer along a highway.
[Reply]
Page 1155 of 1208
« First < 15565510551105114511511152115311541155 115611571158115911651205 > Last »
Up