Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:33 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
I disagree. Teams are stacking their defense with pass rushers to stop Pat. We built an OL that can mash them with the run. That's what we should be doing. CEH just isn't built to carry a heavy workload and DW31 is just meh at spelling him
JFC, there will never be a “heavy workload” with Mahomes at QB.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 12:44 AM 11-23-2021
When I say heavy workload I'm referring the percentage of carries out of the backfield. But I'm sure we didn't go into the season with four TEs and a FB in addition to the moves we made on the OL just to pass the ball.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:11 AM 11-23-2021
I bet CEH wins more Super Bowl rings as long as he is a Chief than the other running backs in his draft class.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:49 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Probably right, but it makes a first round pick on him all thr more baffling
[Reply]
jd1020 06:51 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Probably right, but it makes a first round pick on him all thr more baffling
Not really.

They just re-signed literally everyone from the SB team. They needed a RB. So they drafted the one who was thought to be the best receiving option that was also a pretty damn good runner. It's not CEH's fault he's basically ignored in half of what made him a standout in college that got him a 1st round selection.
[Reply]
TEX 07:11 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I bet CEH wins more Super Bowl rings as long as he is a Chief than the other running backs in his draft class.
But how many do you think Jonathan Taylor wins if he had been selected by KC and CEH was in Indy? Works both ways...:-)
[Reply]
TEX 07:15 AM 11-23-2021
True, but there ought to be a RB paired with Mahomes, that's a threat to take it to the house on any given play. Imagine what that would do for the offense. Doesn't have to be great or anything, just someone like Damien Williams. That worked well...
[Reply]
Valiant 10:51 AM 11-23-2021
He had a good first game back and was usually hitting the hole already at full steam. That is the key for him. He is not big enough to jog and wait for a hole usually.

Keep doing that and get him involved in the passing game will open things up for Patrick.

The only thing I didn't like was we went away from the short attacks via the wco and the penalties.

I also think Patrick needs to work on more timing passes.
[Reply]
jettio 10:55 AM 11-23-2021
Kid has played well when healthy.

Another example of a guy that gets targeted for criticism on chiefs planet for salary or draft slot by guys that never even made a play in a touch football game and think that they should be Chiefs GM.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:31 AM 11-23-2021
depends on what you mean.

I fully expected Clyde to get 20-25 touches per game this season; I just figured 10 of those would be passing targets.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:53 AM 11-23-2021
the Chiefs almost never run circle or angle passes out of the backfield with Clyde - I just don't get it
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:13 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
the Chiefs almost never run circle or angle passes out of the backfield with Clyde - I just don't get it
I don't get it, either.

Are they trying to leave space in the middle for Kelce to work? Only thing I can figure is they're worried about muddying up Kelce's area.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:28 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
But how many do you think Jonathan Taylor wins if he had been selected by KC and CEH was in Indy? Works both ways...:-)
How could it possibly ****ing matter? FFS, this is stupid.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:30 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
True, but there ought to be a RB paired with Mahomes, that's a threat to take it to the house on any given play. Imagine what that would do for the offense. Doesn't have to be great or anything, just someone like Damien Williams. That worked well...
Which year? They year he rushed for 256 yards or the year he rushed for 498?
[Reply]
JPH83 01:35 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Not really.

They just re-signed literally everyone from the SB team. They needed a RB. So they drafted the one who was thought to be the best receiving option that was also a pretty damn good runner. It's not CEH's fault he's basically ignored in half of what made him a standout in college that got him a 1st round selection.
If he's shown little of the running ability in games (at least the opening few) and perhaps little receiving ability in training, then maybe that's why he's not being trusted to be a receiving RB. Maybe the coaches need to involve him as a receiver more, maybe he needs to convince them.

Nobody needs a RB in the first round, and it wasn't needed more than other positions. He could still be a very good player, I'm hopeful as you can see flashes, and it's not his fault where he was picked. I'd agree on that.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 80
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up