Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:00 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I just don't understand his usage is all.

We took him because he was the most polished receiver of the backs in that draft and yet we absolutely do not use that facet of his skillset at all.

I fully expected that he would put up monster numbers as teams sat back in coverage, rushing 4 and Clyde would be all alone with room to run in the flats but we just flat don't use him in that way.

So I am confused.
I specifically remember one play yesterday. Mahomes passes to him in the flat, but CEH gets too wide and steps out of bounds for a 1 yard gain when it looked like he could have had much more. WTF??
[Reply]
nychief 07:02 AM 11-22-2021
I thought he looked good yesterday, especially between the tackles. I’m glad he’s back.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:06 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I specifically remember one play yesterday. Mahomes passes to him in the flat, but CEH gets too wide and steps out of bounds for a 1 yard gain when it looked like he could have had much more. WTF??
Looked to me like he went to make a move and stepped out.

shrug.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:20 AM 11-22-2021
Looked to me like he went to make a move and stepped out.

shrug.
It happens. I’m not a huge CEH critic. He’s ok for this team. He’s never going to be some 30+ carry a game guy like Taylor. Ive learned to accept CEH for who he is. I do wish they world target him in the passing game more.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:27 AM 11-22-2021
It happens. I’m not a huge CEH critic. He’s ok for this team. He’s never going to be some 30+ carry a game guy like Taylor. Ive learned to accept CEH for who he is. I do wish they world target him in the passing game more.
I expected they'd use him as a Marshall Faulk. Instead, they use him as an Emmitt Smith. Which is weird, and not what I expected at all.
[Reply]
notorious 07:58 AM 11-22-2021
I expected they'd use him as a Marshall Faulk. Instead, they use him as an Emmitt Smith. Which is weird, and not what I expected at all.
Whoa, Faulk was the most talented player on the field when he played.

CEH possesses a fraction of his talent.

Emmitt Smith was the exact player I compared CEH to.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:01 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:

That’s interesting. I never thought about it, but your probably right. Similar game speed for sure.
[Reply]
notorious 08:04 AM 11-22-2021
That’s interesting. I never thought about it, but your probably right. Similar game speed for sure.
Their movement and running posture are frightening similar.

They are both sawed-off bricks to boot.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:11 AM 11-22-2021
That was a disappointing play - poor spatial awareness. CEH is a fine back, I'm just frustrated that we used a first-round pick on a back that is not explosive and lacks big-play ability. It's surprising because we have valued speed so much under Andy Reid. It's fair to criticize Veach for the pick but Veach definitely deserves credit for some picks that are looking great (especially as of late). Every GM misses on some picks. At least this pick isn't a total miss. He still provides some value to the team. This isn't a Breeland Speaks type of pick.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:12 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Whoa, Faulk was the most talented player on the field when he played.

CEH possesses a fraction of his talent.

When we took CEH, the consensus was that he would make our offense unfair. The rich get richer. He was such a polished receiver.

I'm not arguing that NFL level CEH has been that, I'm saying that's what we drafted, and nobody really thought we were wrong to do so.

His utilization has been Emmitt, albeit with far less touches.

I find that very confusing. It's not how he was used at LSU, and not how I expected he would be utilized in KC.

It's weird, but there's a lot of revisionist history going on. I have no idea why, and only the people in the building at Arrowhead One know the answers.
[Reply]
notorious 08:15 AM 11-22-2021
When we took CEH, the consensus was that he would make our offense unfair. The rich get richer. He was such a polished receiver.

I'm not arguing that NFL level CEH has been that, I'm saying that's what we drafted, and nobody really thought we were wrong to do so.

His utilization has been Emmitt, albeit with far less touches.

I find that very confusing. It's not how he was used at LSU, and not how I expected he would be utilized in KC.

It's weird, but there's a lot of revisionist history going on. I have no idea why, and only the people in the building at Arrowhead One know the answers.
Oh, I’m sorry.

I thought the same thing. My expectations were through the roof.

It has been very odd which probably fuels our disappointment.

Although Emmitt and CEH run similar, they aren’t in the same category pass blocking, though.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:20 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
That was a disappointing play - poor spatial awareness. CEH is a fine back, I'm just frustrated that we used a first-round pick on a back that is not explosive and lacks big-play ability. It's surprising because we have valued speed so much under Andy Reid. It's fair to criticize Veach for the pick but Veach definitely deserves credit for some picks that are looking great (especially as of late). Every GM misses on some picks. At least this pick isn't a total miss. He still provides some value to the team. This isn't a Breeland Speaks type of pick.
That is where I am at. I have stated this before but I was excited about this pick because watching him in the college football playoffs he made big plays and was a huge contributor. It hasn't translated to the NFL though because he is a JAG at this point.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:24 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That is where I am at. I have stated this before but I was excited about this pick because watching him in the college football playoffs he made big plays and was a huge contributor. It hasn't translated to the NFL though because he is a JAG at this point.
It hasn't translated that way because he gets 2... 2 targets a game in the passing game.

I thought Mahomes would have had his Cole Trickle moment last week after throwing 5 TDs and 400 yards to just take what the defense was giving you and accept the free 10-15 yards underneath. But it was like he forgot everything about it and started taking sacks again looking for the big play down field. Then he doesn't make a wide open pitch to CEH and takes a 8 yard sack. It's all so very confusing.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:33 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
It hasn't translated that way because he gets 2... 2 targets a game in the passing game.

I thought Mahomes would have had his Cole Trickle moment last week after throwing 5 TDs and 400 yards to just take what the defense was giving you and accept the free 10-15 yards underneath. But it was like he forgot everything about it and started taking sacks again looking for the big play down field. Then he doesn't make a wide open pitch to CEH and takes a 8 yard sack. It's all so very confusing.
I think he gets caught between two worlds and loses confidence at times. He always is looking to make the big play. That’s who he is. He’s never going to just ‘Joe Montana’ it methodically down the field. He’s impatient so it frustrates him at times.
[Reply]
TEX 08:36 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
This is a very good assessment imo.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 80
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up