Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:04 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
You could have Barry Sanders at RB and they'd throw that much and teams play the same defense
cmon man you don't really believe that lol
[Reply]
KCJake 09:08 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
4.6-4.9 would be my guess. He was getting 5.2 this season, so I suppose anywhere around there would make sense as well.
Sounds like CEH forty time : ) So he’s not a jag. Slightly better. Probably a reach in the 1st round I suppose. But water under the bridge. Enjoy the win today
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:09 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
You could have Barry Sanders at RB and they'd throw that much and teams play the same defense
:-)
Ohmygod no. Just no. stop smoking whatever you're smoking. It's given you brain damage.
[Reply]
-King- 09:14 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
When Clyde has been healthy this year, his production has actually been pretty similar to Hunt in 2018.
....what?!?!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:20 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
You just posted above CEH was 4th in rushing before he got hurt. So yes if Khunt was the RB he would be Top 5 in rushing and have at least 10 TD's.

31 year old Mark Ingram is #5 in rushing currently.

The issue I have with all of our running backs is because no team respects our running game because we don't have that guy that can break one off. That is why teams are playing 2 high on us. Yeah CEH can get 5 yds but defenses don't give a shit that is win for them. He has a career long of 31 yds..that is pathetic for a starting RB
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:41 PM 11-21-2021
Isn't that the whole point of teams playing 2 high safeties against us? yes I think it is. Keep everything front and they will basically concede the short stuff because they want us to attempt 12-15 play drives and don't think we can do that without getting a penalty or a turnover. Defenses have zero fear of our current RB's breaking a long gain either since none of them have ever done it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:49 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Isn't that the whole point of teams playing 2 high safeties against us? yes I think it is. Keep everything front and they will basically concede the short stuff because they want us to attempt 12-15 play drives and don't think we can do that without getting a penalty or a turnover. Defenses have zero fear of our current RB's breaking a long gain either since none of them have ever done it.
Hey, if that's your strategy, enjoy the loss.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:51 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
....what?!?!
Kareem Hunt averaged 4.6 YPC in 2018. CEH is averaging 4.7.

Clyde already has more 100 yard games on the ground than Hunt had in 2018.

In no way am I saying that CEH is as good as Hunt. I’m simply pointing to the fact that the production is pretty similar on the ground. The point is, with Pat at QB, you aren’t going to get the stats that people expect from a 1st round RB.

Hunt averaged about 75 YPG on the ground that year. That’s pretty much been what we’ve gotten from CEH outside of the first 2 weeks when there was clearly an adjustment period with 5 new starters up front.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:57 PM 11-21-2021
367 yards on 77 carries now. His average went UP (4.8 YPC) today.

With games against the Chargers, Raiders and Steelers, all bottom 10 in rushing defense, he may hit 5 YPC by season's end.
[Reply]
-King- 11:00 PM 11-21-2021
Kareem Hunt averaged 4.6 YPC in 2018. CEH is averaging 4.7.

Clyde already has more 100 yard games on the ground than Hunt had in 2018.

In no way am I saying that CEH is as good as Hunt. I’m simply pointing to the fact that the production is pretty similar on the ground. The point is, with Pat at QB, you aren’t going to get the stats that people expect from a 1st round RB.

Hunt averaged about 75 YPG on the ground that year. That’s pretty much been what we’ve gotten from CEH outside of the first 2 weeks when there was clearly an adjustment period with 5 new starters up front.
Every single team feared Kareem getting the ball and accounted for him at all times. You think they even care if CEH got the ball. Their production isn't alike at all. CEHs best games this year rushing and receiving is basically what Hunt AVERAGED.

In CEHs best games he had 109 total yards and 114 total yards. Kareem AVERAGED 109.3 total yards per game. And that doesn't even take into account his touchdowns. And I didn't even include the other 4 games Clyde has played, just his very best 2.

So no, CEHs production isn't anywhere near Kareem's.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:02 PM 11-21-2021
Every single team feared Kareem getting the ball and accounted for him at all times. You think they even care if CEH got the ball. Their production isn't alike at all. CEHs best games this year rushing and receiving is basically what Hunt AVERAGED.

In CEHs best games he had 109 total yards and 114 total yards. Kareem AVERAGED 109.3 total yards per game. And that doesn't even take into account his touchdowns. And I didn't even include the other 4 games Clyde has played, just his very best 2.

I was very clear that I’m talking specifically about their production on the ground.

If the complaint on CEH was that he isn’t getting used enough in the passing game, then I’d be in full agreement.

But it’s not. We’re talking about how you fucking morons will bitch about 5 YPC.
[Reply]
-King- 11:12 PM 11-21-2021
I was very clear that I’m talking specifically about their production on the ground.

If the complaint on CEH was that he isn’t getting used enough in the passing game, then I’d be in full agreement.

But it’s not. We’re talking about how you fucking morons will bitch about 5 YPC.
The way you guys keep bringing up his 5ypc, you'd think he was the 2nd coming of Jamaal Charles. You think their production is similar too?
[Reply]
Lzen 06:27 AM 11-22-2021
Just stop. Nobody believes you're this stupid.
I do!

I believe he's this stupid.
[Reply]
TEX 06:37 AM 11-22-2021

Yep. Jonathan Taylor would have made everyone forget Kareem Hunt. CEH does the opposite. He's nothing special, and certainly not worthy of a #1 pick, but he can contribute if the Chiefs use him correctly.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:47 AM 11-22-2021
I just don't understand his usage is all.

We took him because he was the most polished receiver of the backs in that draft and yet we absolutely do not use that facet of his skillset at all.

I fully expected that he would put up monster numbers as teams sat back in coverage, rushing 4 and Clyde would be all alone with room to run in the flats but we just flat don't use him in that way.

So I am confused.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 80
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up