ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 295
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:21 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
4.65 yards per TOUCH is bad. You brought up their run defense and instead of saying CEH had 3.1 ypc, you went to his yards per touch and even that's not impressive.

And the job that's asked of him is to run through holes and take what the O-line gives him and then more. He wasn't even taking what the O-line gave him. If the O-line had a run blocked for 5+ yards, he would run into their asses for a good 3.
I started typing almost exactly this and noticed you beat me to it.

Ball security is good. I’m glad he didn’t fumble.

That said, the performance he had can’t be spun as “good” by any measurable stat. It was a bad day.

It happens, but this can’t be his average outing. If it is, we need RB help in the worst way and that was an awful pick.

I think he’ll figure it out. I suspect he’ll bounce back next week and get more productive. We’ve seen him have big games before.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:22 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I'm not going to use David Montgomery's 2020 as a measuring stick to what CEH's 2021 could be. That is just ****ing silly.

CEH faced one of the leagues best defenses, which it could very well being a top5 run defense at the end of the year. To which yesterday he avg. 4.65yds per touch. Ball security was on point. There is only so many stats to go around. Not every touch will be a 6-7yd gain. CEH did what was asked of him yesterday. Was it a pro bowl performance? No. But he did his job that was asked of him.

I'd still rather have CEH's 73 yds and no turnovers than Nick Chubb's 101yds 2 td's and 1 crucial fumble.

“The heat, if that game is played in November/December…..that’s a 30 point Cleveland victory..trust me”

:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:25 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I'm not going to use David Montgomery's 2020 as a measuring stick to what CEH's 2021 could be. That is just fucking silly.

CEH faced one of the leagues best defenses, which it could very well being a top5 run defense at the end of the year. To which yesterday he avg. 4.65yds per touch. Ball security was on point. There is only so many stats to go around. Not every touch will be a 6-7yd gain. CEH did what was asked of him yesterday. Was it a pro bowl performance? No. But he did his job that was asked of him.

I'd still rather have CEH's 73 yds and no turnovers than Nick Chubb's 101yds 2 td's and 1 crucial fumble.

What? The Browns defense is pure garbage
[Reply]
Monticore 08:26 AM 09-13-2021
Unfortunately we always seem more impressed with the other teams RB than ours, Hunt always seem to make something out of nothing and CEH so far seems to end up making nothing out of something, how many times have been able to say "NICE FUCKING RUN" since he has been here . I am still holding out hope for a breakout this year , time will tell.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:30 AM 09-13-2021
Clyde is a bit streaky. Week one last year he was the leading OROY candidate.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:31 AM 09-13-2021
We need to feed him the ball more, the problem with running the ball on our team seems to be establishing the run to start with.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:32 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
I agree. He needs to improve his game. I don’t dispute that. His vision needs some work. I’m just not willing to give up on a player in only his 14th career game, behind a brand new O-Line, against a stout D. So, yes, I think he’s yet to find his groove, but still believe he will.
He has a tendency to run directly into the middle of a pack of big ass lineman. If he just goes left or right, there is no one there for a big gain. But he's suppose to hit "this" hole so pile into the big pack of lineman. I hope he learns, he has talent.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:32 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Unfortunately we always seem more impressed with the other teams RB than ours, Hunt always seem to make something out of nothing and CEH so far seems to end up making nothing out of something, how many times have been able to say "NICE FUCKING RUN" since he has been here . I am still holding out hope for a breakout this year , time will tell.
We revamped the entire OL to add maulers in front of him. Plus we have an elite passing game with 3 HOFers to take most of the attention. CEH doesn’t have many excuses to not be productive.

It’s one game, so I don’t want to overreact. But if he isn’t highly productive in this offense, then we really need to invest in that position in the offseason.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:34 AM 09-13-2021
Clyde just lacks the speed for busting big plays and yesterday it seemed there were times he could have bounced the run outside but chose to plow into the line for a couple yards.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:40 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Clyde just lacks the speed for busting big plays and yesterday it seemed there were times he could have bounced the run outside but chose to plow into the line for a couple yards.
Darwin/Damien/Darrel never seemed to do that either, wonder if the coaches don’t want them to do it , an cause holding issues with linemen maybe .
[Reply]
penguinz 08:55 AM 09-13-2021
This cant be true. I was told by CM here that Clyde is an elite talent.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:04 AM 09-13-2021
He’s nowhere near as good as Kareem. Man I miss that guy.

Having a true ass kicker who has excellent balance, power and receiving skills makes such a difference.

I’d even take prime Spencer Ware back
[Reply]
O.city 09:04 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
We need to feed him the ball more, the problem with running the ball on our team seems to be establishing the run to start with.
Take the ball out of Mahomes hands and give it to a RB? Ok.
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s nowhere near as good as Kareem. Man I miss that guy.

Having a true ass kicker who has excellent balance, power and receiving skills makes such a difference.

I’d even take prime Spencer Ware back
It's vision. He doesn't really have it.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:12 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Don Bennett was bad
And was replaced by Rashaan Shehee and Mike Cloud. Those were some days.
[Reply]
Page 153 of 295
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Up