ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 152 of 295
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162202252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Easy 6 09:15 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I have to remind myself how fortunate we are (like, generationally lucky) to have TWO athletes equal to JC’s transcendent talent in Hill and Kelce.

But still, if ALL three were here? It would have made The Greatest Show on Turf look like the movie coming out about Kurt Warner.
Add JC to this team and it would break Madden… simply shut it down, you couldn’t win with any other team

But for now we’ve gotta figure out how to fix Clyde
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:21 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Add JC to this team and it would break Madden… simply shut it down, you couldn’t win with any other team

But for now we’ve gotta figure out how to fix Clyde
Oh yeah - in Pokemon every Pokémon in the “Uber” category can’t play in competitive leagues because they’re gamebreaking to the competition. An offense like that would almost have to be banned from competitive Madden for the same reason.

My worry is about CEH is that the Chiefs saw how seamless it was to plug in Damien Williams and assumed every back would develop that chemistry with Patrick. I think everyone is right, until CEH is trusted to be in the backfield with Mahomes on third and long, he’s not going to have much of a chance to develop that.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:32 PM 09-12-2021
He’s a running back who is supposed to excel at receiving in perhaps the most favorable offense there is for that skill set and position. But he does next to nothing special or even above average in it. When we try to make teams pay for playing coverage with him running we mostly can’t. And we also never seem to run screens for him either. Not sure why.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 12:03 AM 09-13-2021
When he first came into the league he was a patient runner waiting for holes to open up but he seems to have lost that. I’m guessing that’s because there were zero holes created with last years OL and he doesn’t trust this new line yet. A bit like Mahomes remembering to step up into the pocket now he doesn’t have to run for his life the whole time. I think CEH will be fine as the OL gels
[Reply]
flinchfree 12:27 AM 09-13-2021
Misses holes?????
CEH misses daylight. Like others have said, chooses to run up an offensive linesman's ass rather than simply take the open space. Also doesn't seem to like going left and won't accelerate that way.
Super mediocre thus far.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:42 AM 09-13-2021
17 touches for 72 yds. Not great, not bad. But I'm good with it in a game like that. Playing from behind will typically hurt the running game. Ball security was on point though.

Rather have Clyde not losing the ball, than Chubb laying it down on the grass.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:48 AM 09-13-2021
How many yards should Clyde avg. per touch?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:05 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
How many yards should Clyde avg. per touch?
I think a reasonable goal/expectation for CEH would be what David Montgomery did last year for the Bears.

250 carries, 1,100 rushing yards, 4.3 avg, 8 rushing TDs
54 catches, 440 receiving yards, 2 receiving TDs

He was a first round pick in an Andy Reid offense with Mahomes and a big investment in the OL. Those numbers aren’t unrealistic.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:09 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think a reasonable goal/expectation for CEH would be what David Montgomery did last year for the Bears.

He was a first round pick in an Andy Reid offense with Mahomes and a big investment in the OL. Those numbers aren’t unrealistic.
That’s a realistic expectation. He averaged 4.4 ypc last year and had a little over 800 rushing in 13 games last year.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:11 AM 09-13-2021
the question is are the chiefs going to force the ball to him just because he is a first rounder? I am just glad he caught that lob from PM.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:16 AM 09-13-2021
I thought he looked pretty natural when he did catch the ball, but left meat on the bone in the run game. I'm assuming we arent running screens to him because the line just isnt there yet. The browns were loading the box a few times, once on the really nice play action play. I dont think hes a bust at this point but he hasnt lived up to what he did in college or his draft position.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:18 AM 09-13-2021
Don Bennett was bad
[Reply]
O.city 07:17 AM 09-13-2021
He wasn't good yesterday. There were a few times he was just late to the hole, like he's trying to feel his way thru.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:02 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

I'm not going to use David Montgomery's 2020 as a measuring stick to what CEH's 2021 could be. That is just fucking silly.

CEH faced one of the leagues best defenses, which it could very well being a top5 run defense at the end of the year. To which yesterday he avg. 4.65yds per touch. Ball security was on point. There is only so many stats to go around. Not every touch will be a 6-7yd gain. CEH did what was asked of him yesterday. Was it a pro bowl performance? No. But he did his job that was asked of him.

I'd still rather have CEH's 73 yds and no turnovers than Nick Chubb's 101yds 2 td's and 1 crucial fumble.

[Reply]
-King- 08:07 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I'm not going to use David Montgomery's 2020 as a measuring stick to what CEH's 2021 could be. That is just fucking silly.

CEH faced one of the leagues best defenses, which it could very well being a top5 run defense at the end of the year. To which yesterday he avg. 4.65yds per touch. Ball security was on point. There is only so many stats to go around. Not every touch will be a 6-7yd gain. CEH did what was asked of him yesterday. Was it a pro bowl performance? No. But he did his job that was asked of him.

I'd still rather have CEH's 73 yds and no turnovers than Nick Chubb's 101yds 2 td's and 1 crucial fumble.

4.65 yards per TOUCH is bad. You brought up their run defense and instead of saying CEH had 3.1 ypc, you went to his yards per touch and even that's not impressive.

And the job that's asked of him is to run through holes and take what the O-line gives him and then more. He wasn't even taking what the O-line gave him. If the O-line had a run blocked for 5+ yards, he would run into their asses for a good 3.
[Reply]
Page 152 of 295
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162202252 > Last »
Up