ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '24/'25 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
TLO 07:21 PM 03-23-2024
Hell YES!
[Reply]
TLO 07:26 PM 03-23-2024

This is out of context. All he did was acknowledge something we all have been for awhile too, that we lacked depth and it needs to be fixed next year. pic.twitter.com/Fl9Gry1kQg

— MA�� �� (@maxinluvv) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:28 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
Whose fault is it we didn’t have depth? 3 point shooters? You are the best coach in college basketball. We won the tournament just two years ago. Self couldn't have recruited better shooters?
[Reply]
DJay23 08:02 PM 03-23-2024
Can anyone think of another example where Self has benched one of "his" guys for an incoming freshman, especially a 2 year starting senior?

I just don't see him sitting KJ. He trusts him and KJ plays his ass off. Self loves those guys. Morningstar, Releford, RussRob, for example.

I get the sentiment of bringing him off the bench, I just can't think of when Self has ever done something like that. As good as Bidunga may be, its hard for a freshman to crack the starting lineup for Self.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:40 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Can anyone think of another example where Self has benched one of "his" guys for an incoming freshman, especially a 2 year starting senior?

I just don't see him sitting KJ. He trusts him and KJ plays his ass off. Self loves those guys. Morningstar, Releford, RussRob, for example.

I get the sentiment of bringing him off the bench, I just can't think of when Self has ever done something like that. As good as Bidunga may be, its hard for a freshman to crack the starting lineup for Self.
He benched Landen Lucas as a senior in favor of Doke as a freshman
[Reply]
DJay23 09:52 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
He benched Landen Lucas as a senior in favor of Doke as a freshman
That's a good one, 16/17. Lucas began the first 6 games as starter. Then Doke started the next 6 before he got hurt.

Lagerald Vick was also benched his senior year, but he was replaced by Charlie Moore and it wasn't because the other guy was better, or a to have Vick come off the bench as an energy guy.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:55 PM 03-23-2024
That's a good one, 16/17. Lucas began the first 6 games as starter. Then Doke started the next 6 before he got hurt.

Lagerald Vick was also benched his senior year, but he was replaced by Charlie Moore and it wasn't because the other guy was better, or a to have Vick come off the bench as an energy guy.
Tarik Black also started at center over Embiid for a bit in 13/14.

Black transferred in from Memphis though, so I don’t consider him one is Self’s guys.

Pretty sure Vick left the team that year for reasons unknown.
[Reply]
DJay23 09:59 PM 03-23-2024
Tarik Black also started at center over Embiid for a bit in 13/14.

Black transferred in from Memphis though, so I don’t consider him one is Self’s guys.

Pretty sure Vick left the team that year for reasons unknown.
Vick definitely left. I don't know if we ever found out what that was all about.

I found the article from his benching. Self's reasoning was that Vick had a "rough practice" and that he "hoped it was behind him now." I can't remember what all of the rumors were at the time.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:00 AM 03-25-2024

RussRob started, but he was losing more and more minutes as the year went on.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:36 PM 03-23-2024
Morningstar got benched a couple times. Also willingly gave up his scholly.
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:31 AM 03-24-2024
Didn't Mitch Lightfoot start a year and then didn't later on?
[Reply]
teedubya 09:49 PM 03-24-2024
We are spoiled with the Chiefs and Jayhawks... plus KC Royals went to 2 World Series in the past decade... so, now we know what it feels like to be Boston in the 2000s.

Let's reload Jayhawks!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:25 PM 03-26-2024
KU should be all over Colby Rogers.

Seems like an ideal fit. Rogers, Furphy, and McNeeley could give us 3 elite level shooters.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:19 PM 03-31-2024
Got Kugel.

He’ll be a nice rotational guard. Will be great to have depth again.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:24 PM 03-31-2024
Got Kugel.

He’ll be a nice rotational guard. Will be great to have depth again.
I guess. I'm not going to claim I've watched alot of Florida basketball but his stats are very underwhelming.

He is a extremely inefficient scorer. He shoots less than 40% from the field even though only 3 of his FG's per game are threes. He doesn't appear to be a playmaker only averages 1.5 apg vs 1.9 to. 31% 3FG shooter and doesn't get to the line alot in only 2 FTA a game.

I don't get what we see in this guy unless he's some elite defender.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up