ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 352
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Lzen 10:04 PM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Guards are taking the ball from him. Guys 3 inches shorter and 40 lbs lighter are getting contested rebounds over him. Maybe this will light a fire under him.
I was referring to the freshman Zach clements.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:52 AM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Ochai Agbaji is soft.
If he had the Mamba Mentality, he would be the best player in college basketball. But, you either have that mentality or you don't.

Andrew Wiggins was the same way. If Wiggins had that mentality, it wouldn't have mattered if Joel played or not, we would not have lost so early in the tournament.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 AM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Ten minutes without scoring. 0-20 to end the half.

I’ve never seen anything quite like that.
0 for their last 20 shots. Yeah I’ve never seen that in my life at any level of basketball. What a bunch of losers.
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
That was an absolute clinic by OSU.

Kansas laughable missing 20 shots in a row.

It takes so much effort to suck that bad. Nice work Self. You’re team is doing great.
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Is that some sort of record? 20 misses in a row.
The worst game of pickup basketball played by the worst players in a rec gym couldn't go 0-20. How is that even possible? Has to be a record.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:01 AM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Remember a few years ago when we had an elite defensive center who was practically a guaranteed bucket if he caught the ball 8’ and in?

Feels like an eternity since then.
Yeah, it sucks.

I totally get it. 3 is worth more than 2. But for fucks sake, if you've got 4 inches and 40 pounds on a dude, it takes a TINY bit of understanding of leverage to make a move that will score at an incredibly high rate. But NOBODY does it except for Timme from Gonzaga.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:30 AM 01-05-2022
Ochai Agbaji is soft.
Unfortunately, I think this is true to a certain extent. Earlier this season, I thought he had taken a step and overcome that. That game last night looked like the old Ochai, including the dumb inbounds pass.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:56 AM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
If he had the Mamba Mentality, he would be the best player in college basketball. But, you either have that mentality or you don't.

Andrew Wiggins was the same way. If Wiggins had that mentality, it wouldn't have mattered if Joel played or not, we would not have lost so early in the tournament.

Agbaji just doesn't draw fouls and yeah, he's just a really nice guy. We have alot of those guys on our team. Miss the junkyard dogs like Mason, the Morii, Taylor, Collins etc. Guys from difficult backgrounds that are gritty. I don't know much about McCormack's background but guys like Agbaji, Wilson, Braun, Harris, Lightfoot all come from pretty affluent families. Certain is an argument that they don't have that toughness factor.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:03 PM 01-05-2022
Jalen Wilson is shooting 8.7% from three.

This does not seem good.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:33 PM 01-05-2022
Jalen Wilson is shooting 8.7% from three.

This does not seem good.
I think (hope) his shooting will come around. But I thought he did much better defending and rebounding last night.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:14 PM 01-05-2022
Agbaji just doesn't draw fouls and yeah, he's just a really nice guy. We have alot of those guys on our team. Miss the junkyard dogs like Mason, the Morii, Taylor, Collins etc. Guys from difficult backgrounds that are gritty. I don't know much about McCormack's background but guys like Agbaji, Wilson, Braun, Harris, Lightfoot all come from pretty affluent families. Certain is an argument that they don't have that toughness factor.
It's not necessarily about affluence.

I think Aldrich came from a pretty affluent family, and he had a healthy fuck you streak. What he did to Handsjob in the FF game was just mean.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:02 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

I think Aldrich came from a pretty affluent family, and he had a healthy **** you streak. What he did to Handsjob in the FF game was just mean.
Russell Robinson was getting a bunch of heat, every day, from Darnell Jackson because Russ went a prep school.

One day at practice Russ punched Darnell in the face and earned his respect every day after.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:08 PM 01-05-2022

I think Aldrich came from a pretty affluent family, and he had a healthy **** you streak. What he did to Handsjob in the FF game was just mean.
Some guys simply have that fight and desire in them and some don't. It is what is with Ochai at this point unfortunately.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:06 AM 01-06-2022

I think Aldrich came from a pretty affluent family, and he had a healthy fuck you streak. What he did to Handsjob in the FF game was just mean.
As I recall, Aldrich left early because his family needed the money pretty badly.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:34 AM 01-06-2022

Aldrich had to leave for the NBA his Junior year because his dad was going to lose his farm. I don't know how well off he was before, but they were clearly having issues.

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:00 AM 01-06-2022
Aldrich had to leave for the NBA his Junior year because his dad was going to lose his farm. I don't know how well off he was before, but they were clearly having issues.

I stand corrected. I didn't know any of that.
[Reply]
DJay23 10:57 AM 01-06-2022

Wasn't his dad also ill? I seem to remember he was having health issues that lead to them losing their farm.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 352
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Up