ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 352
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:56 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Thinking back on all the talent UT has had if they had a hard nosed coach they very likely would have gone a whole lot farther in the tournaments.

Beard to Texas is a problem.
Agreed. But there have been players self's approach hasn't worked with, so maybe.....?
[Reply]
sedated 03:01 PM 07-21-2021
More conference realignment talk? I thought we were over this stuff.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...up-per-report/

Texas and Oklahoma (possibly) interested in joining SEC
[Reply]
BWillie 03:28 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:

Will never happen. And if it does, I'm fine with the Mountain West. KU basketball transcends conference. Gonzaga has shown you don't need a conference.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:58 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Will never happen. And if it does, I'm fine with the Mountain West. KU basketball transcends conference. Gonzaga has shown you don't need a conference.
Gonzaga has shown you can be a BB power house in a weak conference but they haven’t shown you can sustain a long tradition over multiple coaches.

I would rather see KU basketball go to the ACC.

A truly great coach can carry any school.

Like a Calipari at Memphis. But Being in a weak conference would make things harder.
[Reply]
sedated 05:10 PM 07-21-2021
Being in a weak conference increases the chances Self leaves, between playing lesser schools and not having major conference money. And top coaches don't want to go to a midmajor.

Big 10 seems like a nice geographical fit, and the rumor last time around was that KU was on the list if conferences all went up to 16 teams.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:01 PM 07-21-2021
Kansas would not go to the Mountain West. We went through this last time. Everybody telling us we're gonna get screwed. The Big 10 and the Pac 10 both came calling. A lot of conferences want KU's basketball program, it has value no matter what MU chodes tell you
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:09 PM 07-21-2021
Beard gets all the credit for Tech's success, as head coaches always do, but Mark Adams was the true brain behind the operation. He created and implemented the defense they're known for and was responsible for in-game adjustments. Take that away and you're left with a very poor man's motion offense that couldn't crack the top 150.

Beard will obviously win a decent number of games due to sheer talent level, but he's not an Xs and Os wizard by any means.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:10 PM 07-21-2021
Kansas would not go to the Mountain West. We went through this last time. Everybody telling us we're gonna get screwed. The Big 10 and the Pac 10 both came calling. A lot of conferences want KU's basketball program, it has value no matter what MU chodes tell you
Those MU guys know that if this happens, it just means they are 2 spots lower in the SEC. if that's possible.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:32 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Beard gets all the credit for Tech's success, as head coaches always do, but Mark Adams was the true brain behind the operation. He created and implemented the defense they're known for and was responsible for in-game adjustments. Take that away and you're left with a very poor man's motion offense that couldn't crack the top 150.

Beard will obviously win a decent number of games due to sheer talent level, but he's not an Xs and Os wizard by any means.
Interesting take. Hope you are right.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:55 PM 07-21-2021
Being in a weak conference increases the chances Self leaves, between playing lesser schools and not having major conference money. And top coaches don't want to go to a midmajor.

Big 10 seems like a nice geographical fit, and the rumor last time around was that KU was on the list if conferences all went up to 16 teams.
I support this
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:48 PM 07-21-2021

The Big 12 was always thinking 10 years out.

The other major players were always thinking 50 years out…

That was always my impression, at least.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:36 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The Big 12 was always thinking 10 years out.

The other major players were always thinking 50 years out…

That was always my impression, at least.
Not trying to be a prick here, but what does the 50 year picture look like?

10 years has changed so much that it’s hard to even wrap my mind around it.

And this coming from a guy that pushes pretty hard on that direction professionally.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:45 AM 07-22-2021
Is that so? Not saying you're wrong I just never heard that. Good to know, I guess. And of course the KU hoops program is worth a power conference bid even if the football program has been garbage for over a decade.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 AM 07-22-2021

KU football to the Big 10 too?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:54 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
KU football to the Big 10 too?
Allows the good teams in the Big 10 to schedule better out of conference games because they know they have an automatic win vs KU.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 352
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up