ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 352
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:00 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So Chicago road trip?

Kansas, Gonzaga, UCLA and Michigan will snare No. 1 seeds in the 2022 NCAA Tournament, according to ESPN.com’s current bracketology put together by analyst Joe Lunardi.

ESPN.com published Lunardi’s latest predictions on Monday. They take into account recent announcements by college players concerning their status for the 2021 NBA Draft.

Last week, KU’s Ochai Agbaji, Jalen Wilson and Remy Martin indicated they would exit the draft and play at KU in 2021-22.

Lunardi believes KU will be awarded a No. 1 seed in the Midwest Regional, which has Chicago as host for Sweet 16 and Elite Eight games.
Man I hope so. I work in Chicago frequently, so I can probably schedule a work trip that week. The company I work with up there has tickets to everything, so I’ll probably get a hook up.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:02 PM 07-18-2021
Hard to imagine Texas not being a 1 seed that team is fucking loaded
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:10 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Hard to imagine Texas not being a 1 seed that team is fucking loaded
Who’s the coach down there next year?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:34 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Who’s the coach down there next year?
Chris Beard. Fantastic coach IMO

Stole him from Texas Tech.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:38 PM 07-18-2021
You guys are getting Isaac Traudt to visit. This guy is my favorite recruit of the 2022 class currently ranked 67th on rivals. I know we are one of his favorites but I'm under no delusional that we can compete with the KU, MSU and UVAs of the world. Even though Fred just landed another top 100 player today his 11th 4/5* since being here.

Whoever gets Traudt is going to get 1 hell of a player.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:02 PM 07-18-2021
Hard to imagine Texas not being a 1 seed that team is ****ing loaded
Legit threat to win it all this year no doubt.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:12 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So Chicago road trip?

Kansas, Gonzaga, UCLA and Michigan will snare No. 1 seeds in the 2022 NCAA Tournament, according to ESPN.com’s current bracketology put together by analyst Joe Lunardi.

ESPN.com published Lunardi’s latest predictions on Monday. They take into account recent announcements by college players concerning their status for the 2021 NBA Draft.

Last week, KU’s Ochai Agbaji, Jalen Wilson and Remy Martin indicated they would exit the draft and play at KU in 2021-22.

Lunardi believes KU will be awarded a No. 1 seed in the Midwest Regional, which has Chicago as host for Sweet 16 and Elite Eight games.
Nah. I'd rather go to Orlando in the winter time. They are going to be in Orlando on Thanksgiving
[Reply]
BWillie 11:13 PM 07-18-2021

Yes. I'm not too thrilled with it. I was honestly hoping Tech would hold onto him until Bill Self decided to jet, and then we could go get Beard at that time. He is just a GREAT GREAT coach.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:29 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Agree to disagree. Releford was great, but Garrett was one of the best (small) defenders I've seen in a KU uniform.
T-Rele is one of my favorite players of all time, but his defensive specialty was chasing one player through 15 screens, and being in that players front pocket when he eventually did try to catch and shoot. He was also very, very good at anticipating passing lanes when off the ball. Releford is without a doubt one of the best defensive players Self has ever had.

But, he could not dominate a game on defense the way Garrett did. Even when Garrett didn't put up a lot of steals, he made it very difficult, and for some players impossible, for teams to run their offense through whoever he was guarding. Garrett was also a lock down perimeter defender.

A lot of us wished that Self hadn't played Garrett at PG because it hampered his defense, and to some extent put too much pressure on him to score. But, while Garrett was never a reliable outside threat, he was absolutely great at getting to the basket when we absolutely needed a score.

Some can argue with what I said, or criticize Self for using Garrett at PG, but the year Garrett played PG, we ended the season as the clear cut, far and away, best team in college basketball. So, it's hard to disparage Garrett's play at PG, or Self's decision to play him at PG.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:30 PM 07-18-2021
Oops

[Reply]
Buehler445 05:14 AM 07-19-2021

Somehow I missed that. Thanks.

That blows. He’s a good coach at least from my perspective. I was hoping it would be another dopey hire like fucking Shaka Smart.

Beard is pretty hard nosed. There’s a chance that won’t resonate with the players. I guess that’s the hope we have. You know other than Self being a Master.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:25 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
T-Rele is one of my favorite players of all time, but his defensive specialty was chasing one player through 15 screens, and being in that players front pocket when he eventually did try to catch and shoot. He was also very, very good at anticipating passing lanes when off the ball. Releford is without a doubt one of the best defensive players Self has ever had.

But, he could not dominate a game on defense the way Garrett did. Even when Garrett didn't put up a lot of steals, he made it very difficult, and for some players impossible, for teams to run their offense through whoever he was guarding. Garrett was also a lock down perimeter defender.

A lot of us wished that Self hadn't played Garrett at PG because it hampered his defense, and to some extent put too much pressure on him to score. But, while Garrett was never a reliable outside threat, he was absolutely great at getting to the basket when we absolutely needed a score.

Some can argue with what I said, or criticize Self for using Garrett at PG, but the year Garrett played PG, we ended the season as the clear cut, far and away, best team in college basketball. So, it's hard to disparage Garrett's play at PG, or Self's decision to play him at PG.

What are you talking about? Devon Dotson was the PG in 19-20. Garrett basically played the 3.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 08:01 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
What are you talking about? Devon Dotson was the PG in 19-20. Garrett basically played the 3.
Exactly....
Garrett running the point last year was......Bad......
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:10 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Beard is pretty hard nosed. There’s a chance that won’t resonate with the players.

Thinking back on all the talent UT has had if they had a hard nosed coach they very likely would have gone a whole lot farther in the tournaments.

Beard to Texas is a problem.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 05:09 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Thinking back on all the talent UT has had if they had a hard nosed coach they very likely would have gone a whole lot farther in the tournaments.

Beard to Texas is a problem.
Beard is an excellent head coach, and has a great lineup this year. Some rich transfers, in a very deep transfer class.

As a KU fan, it's kind of scary and exciting to think about the coming season.

I just hope to be able to actually WATCH THE GAMES.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 352
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up