ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 352
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
BWillie 12:07 PM 07-09-2021
Trajan Font > 90's Circus Font

WHY DO PEOPLE LOVE THE CIRCUS FONT SO MUCH

I guess my Nostalgia is from 2008 and not 1988.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:10 PM 07-09-2021
My nostalgia goes back to around 85 but Circus Font sucks and is nothing more than a once a season throwback. Clown nonsense.

Also on twitter Self has the guys running sprints up Campanile and the suburban boomer dad side of my personality likes this. Sitting in the air conditioning on my couch watching Remember The Titans and feeling like I accomplished something. That kind of energy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:40 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He's like Ben Simmons. It kills your spacing offensively. Coaches love him, and he has value but in today's game I'm not sure it's as much as Bill thinks it is.
To his credit hes a much much much more willing scorer than Simmons. How many games did Simmons have 0 4th quarter points?

Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'll admit. I expected more from him at the PG. He showed good passing acumen in the years before and was a PG in high school - it just didn't come together for him. Without Doke and Dot his assist numbers actually dropped his JR year from 4.6 to 3.7 his SR year when he was given much more minutes at PG. I guess having to play with one-dimensional players in Bruan and Agbaji and more of a plodding bigman in McCormack took it's toll.
I think the big thing is he’s not a creator. If we had one last year I think he could have effectively fed them and worked the offense around them. But they asked him to be it and that’s a tough sell for that particular guy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:41 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'll take Ben Simmons all day, every day as an off-ball 3rd or 4th offensive option on a team. You run into problems when he becomes a top scoring option, which is what Garrett last year became by default.
Kcc beat me to it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:47 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
From a technical perspective, sure.

But I miss the guy. Dude had want-to, played hard, played in big moments. Nothing to fault with Marcus Garrett. But yeah, he was limited offensively.
I'll miss him as well, but I won't miss the clanks.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:58 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'll miss him as well, but I won't miss the clanks.
If take the clanks over the getting stuffed in the lane. A lot of those led to transition points.
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:30 PM 07-09-2021
Curious if PB has heard this, but I spoke with a very credible source who told me that Kofi Cockburn’s people reached out to the staff the other day about a spot on the team. Obviously someone would have to go or they could figure out something with NIL $$$. Also possible this is a power move to get a better deal from UK.

Take it as a rumor. Just passing along what I was told.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:59 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Curious if PB has heard this, but I spoke with a very credible source who told me that Kofi Cockburn’s people reached out to the staff the other day about a spot on the team. Obviously someone would have to go or they could figure out something with NIL $$$. Also possible this is a power move to get a better deal from UK.

Take it as a rumor. Just passing along what I was told.
I have not.

But damn do I love a juicy rumor.

(Btw Snacks was fired for the dick pic he posted tomsicsl media. That’s my source. KU was made aware of it and said “no mas”
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:29 AM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I have not.

But damn do I love a juicy rumor.

(Btw Snacks was fired for the dick pic he posted tomsicsl media. That’s my source. KU was made aware of it and said “no mas”
I understand and agree sending dick pics to people under you in an organization or unsolicited should be punished. Beyond that...........Are dick pics now deal breakers? You cant play college BB anymore?
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:52 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I understand and agree sending dick pics to people under you in an organization or unsolicited should be punished. Beyond that...........Are dick pics now deal breakers? You cant play college BB anymore?
Yes. Snacks can no longer play college basketball
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:11 PM 07-10-2021
If take the clanks over the getting stuffed in the lane. A lot of those led to transition points.
Garrett would honestly be a perfect player to add to this team right now given how far down the offensive chain he would be. Could be very similar to 2012 Releford with maybe even better lockdown defense. But he wants to get paid and start his pro career and I respect that.
[Reply]
Pants 10:39 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Yes. Snacks can no longer play college basketball
:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:17 AM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Garrett would honestly be a perfect player to add to this team right now given how far down the offensive chain he would be. Could be very similar to 2012 Releford with maybe even better lockdown defense. But he wants to get paid and start his pro career and I respect that.
Affirmative.

But I’m the biggest Releford homer here. I’d argue he was the better all around defender because if his size and length, but Garrett certainly guarded on the ball better. Releford just wouldn’t let a fool get the ball. I’m a total sucker for good defense.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:08 AM 07-16-2021
we're in need of a different ku thread on the front page
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:11 AM 07-16-2021
Affirmative.

But I’m the biggest Releford homer here. I’d argue he was the better all around defender because if his size and length, but Garrett certainly guarded on the ball better. Releford just wouldn’t let a fool get the ball. I’m a total sucker for good defense.
Releford was a better defender and a better scorer.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 352
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up