6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:06 AM 11-04-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't think that take really matches up with this guy, though.

He's built like the Cardinals' Tyler O'Neill. Pretty classic RF profile.
Just thought it was interesting take. He would solve the RF problem. I think it would also give the team the freedom to explore a Merrifield trade as well.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:17 AM 11-04-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Just thought it was interesting take. He would solve the RF problem. I think it would also give the team the freedom to explore a Merrifield trade as well.
Or move on from Benintendi after this year.

Merrifield - LF
Taylor - CF (cries)
Suzuki - RF
Mondesi - 3B
Witt Jr. - SS
Lopez - 2B
Pratto - 1B
C/DH - Perez
C/DH - Melendez

You could move Merrifield all over the place in that setup, too. You're going to have at least 20 games a year they're planning to sit Mondesi for "maintenance" like they used to do with Cain, so Merrifield can play 2B on those days, with someone like Dozier getting some time, then.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:28 AM 11-04-2021
Or move on from Benintendi after this year.

Merrifield - LF
Taylor - CF (cries)
Suzuki - RF
Mondesi - 3B
Witt Jr. - SS
Lopez - 2B
Pratto - 1B
C/DH - Perez
C/DH - Melendez

You could move Merrifield all over the place in that setup, too. You're going to have at least 20 games a year they're planning to sit Mondesi for "maintenance" like they used to do with Cain, so Merrifield can play 2B on those days, with someone like Dozier getting some time, then.
That works as well. I can live with Taylor's bat with that lineup at least. Least he is elite defender.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:44 PM 11-04-2021
And looking at this upcoming 2022 draft class, the Royals will have a great shot to land a nice talent at #9. The class is deep with college hitters, prep bats, and prep arms.

Notably, there are a bunch of college hitters with good power and speed. My crush is LSU SS/3B Jacob Berry, but there are 3-4 other college bars with similar profiles to him.

Also, Andruw Jones’ kid is in this draft. 6-3, toolsy, may be fit in CF or SS.

I love kids from professional athletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 08:59 PM 11-04-2021
I wonder if the same people saying Buster Posey is a first ballot Hall of Famer, are the ones saying Salvy isn’t even close.

If Posey is voted in five years from now, Salvy may have passed him runs, hits, and RBI by then. Already with about 50 more HR.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:56 PM 11-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bronco_buster2:
I wonder if the same people saying Buster Posey is a first ballot Hall of Famer, are the ones saying Salvy isn’t even close.

If Posey is voted in five years from now, Salvy may have passed him runs, hits, and RBI by then. Already with about 50 more HR.
I guess it depends on the ballot he goes in on but I don't think there's any chance Posey is first ballot. How many catchers were first ballot? 2? Pudge and Bench? Pudge was barely first ballot and Posey's career was not better than Pudge. Same goes for Joe Mauer coming up and Yadier Molina.

I honestly dont see how Salvador Perez would ever make it in the HoF. With the voting going more towards analytics, Salvy's career is far from HoF worthy. He's like 40 fWAR behind all of the names I just mentioned. He would have to go on an absolute fucking tear for the next 10 years and be better than he was this year for each and every one of those years to even catch up. That's not going to happen.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:51 AM 11-05-2021
fWAR is retarded for catchers because they take into account “framing”. Look at the disconnect:

fWAR:
Posey 58
Perez 15

bWAR:
Posey 45
Perez 30
[Reply]
jd1020 08:58 AM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
fWAR is retarded for catchers because they take into account “framing”. Look at the disconnect:

fWAR:
Posey 58
Perez 15

bWAR:
Posey 45
Perez 30
DRS:
Posey 116
Perez 24

Perez hits homeruns. His only shot at making the HoF would be reaching 428 of those.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:06 AM 11-05-2021
SB allowed
Posey 521 in 1093games
Perez 372 in 1032

We can cherry pick stats all day if you want
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:07 AM 11-05-2021
Catcher's are judged at a different criteria than other positions (IMO).....as they should.

What is SB success rate versus salvy, compared to other catchers and Bench, etc.?

EDIT: PB Beat me to it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:09 AM 11-05-2021
I’ve always thought that number of guys trying to run on you is a better metric than what % are successful. Opponents were much more likely to give it a go when Posey is back there than Sal
[Reply]
jd1020 09:18 AM 11-05-2021
SB allowed
Posey 521 in 1093games
Perez 372 in 1032

We can cherry pick stats all day if you want
If anyone is cherry picking its you.

I've been looking at the metrics that take into account the whole picture. You are going in and pulling out snippets that you believe somehow prove something.

You can make a pretty good argument that Mauer, Posey, and Molina aren't even HoFers if you put them up against the more recent catcher inductees and cut out the first half century of catchers. Mauer has the biggest hurdle to jump being that he spent the majority of his last 5 years in the league playing 1B.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:19 AM 11-05-2021
I’ve always thought that number of guys trying to run on you is a better metric than what % are successful. Opponents were much more likely to give it a go when Posey is back there than Sal
I think to get a better picture you have to consider what pitching staffs typically have the most attempts against them and not necessarily look only at attempts against the catcher.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:24 AM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I think to get a better picture you have to consider what pitching staffs typically have the most attempts against them and not necessarily look only at attempts against the catcher.
Could be. They had the same number of passed balls charged against them (30, 27). But Posey’s staff threw way fewer WP (244 vs 385). One could therefore conclude Sal had wilder pitchers making his job tougher
[Reply]
jd1020 09:25 AM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Seriously. Runners aren't running on the catcher. They are running on the pitchers.
[Reply]
Page 428 of 440
« First < 328378418424425426427428 429430431432438 > Last »
Up