Let’s do this shit.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:41 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Game set match
You do not deserve your screen name.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:16 AM 05-05-2020
In about the 300 posts of misery from Mostert’s Touchdown to WASP, there were some real gems.

Iowanian was consistent from the beginning. This was around the time when the 49ers were facing 2nd and 9 up 20-10 (with around 10 minutes remaining from their own territory. Hitchens ended up putting a huge hit on Jimmy on this play).

Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Make them punt here and it's still ok.

Chiefs can score 21 in 9 min.
Rain Man on the right side of history.

Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I retain full faith in my team. The next nine minutes are going to be epic.
DRM08 and Frazod's posts were just minutes before WASP.

Originally Posted by DRM08:
At this point you gotta be aggressive the rest of the way. Do a max protect and go for a deep ball.
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I smell a long bomb TD coming.
This next post came after people were upset Andy and the Chiefs started the WASP drive by running the football, not only that, it was just before Tyreek's catch on 2nd and 15 was overturned. Iowanian gets the most props here. He also predicted Shanahan would blow the lead Old Andy Reid style in another post.

Originally Posted by Iowanian:
You negative pussies need to start ****ing off now or the line Is going to be too long.

Chiefs are going to win 24-20
Here are some of my other favorites from the 4th quarter.

Hamas had some misses in this thread, but this post was dead on.

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Spagnuolo was hired for this drive.
Note on the above: there was 6:13 left in the game and the 49ers were receiving a kickoff with a 20-17 lead when Hamas posted. There was a lot of anxiety in this thread at the time that the 49ers would be able to run the clock out or score with little time remaining. An important point is that the Packers got the ball back in Arrowhead with a 31-24 lead and 6~ minutes remaining on the clock. They were able to run out the clock on the ground and win the game in victory formation. Of course we also remembered how the Patriots ran the ball down Sutton's throat to keep the ball from Patrick's hands last season. Not this year.

Spags not only forced a stop down 20-10, but he'd go on to get three more stops in the game. The offense gets all of the attention for the playoff comebacks, but the defense was arguably as instrumental in all three. Last post..

Ghak posted this maybe a play before Watkins 38 yard bomb over Sherm to give the Chiefs 1st and Goal from the 10 with 3:30~ remaining.

Originally Posted by ghak99:
Sherman is tired.

Take a shot over his head.

This will always be one of my favorite threads.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:23 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

This breakdown happened courtesy of our friend, Brett Kollman, in the week leading up to the Super Bowl. However, it's one of the rare occasions our defense got the love it deserved for its massive improvements in the second half of the season. Kollman does an excellent job of explaining how Spags found the perfect players to execute his system and the improvements the players had through the year that allowed them to understand their responsibilities. It's a phenomenal breakdown and deserves a watch.

However, he also goes into detail and provides analysis about how Chris Jones remained our biggest liability against the run through the season. He also shows how Spags began to position Hitchens in a different part of the field because of Hitchens struggle to shed blockers. Despite that, he remains very high on his praise throughout the video.
Yeah, I remember watching that and wondering how Jones couldn't be embarrassed by his play.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:25 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Mahomes is terrified
Lots of gems in this one.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:26 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
WTF Patrick...smh...he just doesn't have it today
Chief Fan
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:29 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
You'd think this would be easy to understand, but apparently it isn't. It's going to cost this team a SB and it's making me question if I want Andy to be around for the rest of this guy's career.
:-)
[Reply]
carcosa 08:15 AM 05-05-2020
I mean, I wasn't feeling great about our chances after Pat's second interception either, but... to give up completely? It's like, did you even watch the other two playoff games? Are you aware of what Patrick Mahomes can do? I mean Jesus Christ, if there's ever a reason to cling to hope until the clock hits 00:00, it's Patrick fucking Mahomes!!!!
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:24 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by jallmon:
The one I saw here on cp, and is forever etched in my memory, was a pic of the Texans draft war room, with everyone holding their head in their hands while staring down at the desks. It was fabulous. They also had a pic of our draft war room where everyone was celebrating our selection. That told me then and there that we did the right thing drafting a TT QB.

This looks about right.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:24 AM 05-05-2020
CP game threads are an abomination
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:24 AM 05-05-2020
I love the dude all proud and shit...wasn't he fired :-)
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:35 AM 05-05-2020
In about the 300 posts of misery from Mostart's Touchdown to WASP, there were some real gems.

Iowanian was consistent from the beginning. This was around the time when the 49ers were facing 2nd and 9 from their own territory (Hitchens put a huge hit on Jimmy on this play).

Rain Man on the right side of history.

DRM08 and Frazod's posts were just minutes before WASP.

This next post came after people were upset Andy and the Chiefs started the WASP drive by running the football, not only that, it was just before Tyreek's catch on 2nd and 15 was overturned. Iowanian gets the most props here. He also predicted Shanahan would blow the lead Old Andy Reid style in another post.

Here are some of my other favorites from the 4th quarter.

Hamas had some misses in this thread, but this post was dead on.

Note on the above: there was 6:13 left in the game and the 49ers were receiving a kickoff with a 20-17 lead when Hamas posted. There was a lot of anxiety in this thread at the time that the 49ers would be able to run the clock out or score with little time remaining. An important point is that the Packers got the ball back in Arrowhead with a 31-24 lead and 6~ minutes remaining on the clock. They were able to run out the clock on the ground and win the game in victory formation. Of course we also remembered how the Patriots ran the ball down Sutton's throat to keep the ball from Patrick's hands last season. Not this year.

Spags not only forced a stop down 20-10, but he'd go on to get three more stops in the game. The offense gets all of the attention for the playoff comebacks, but the defense was arguably as instrumental in all three. Last post..

Ghak posted this maybe a play before Watkins 38 yard bomb over Sherm to give the Chiefs 1st and Goal from the 10 with 3:30~ remaining.

This will always be one of my favorite threads.
I can't believe you guys were able to type during that game. I was laser focused in my hotel room in Miami. Didn't even drink until it was over.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:17 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
I can't believe you guys were able to type during that game. I was laser focused in my hotel room in Miami. Didn't even drink until it was over.
I was in the same place. I couldn’t even eat any of the incredible food my Mom made for the Super Bowl party they hosted. I was on my feet in a manic fashion from start to finish.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:50 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Lots of gems in this one.
He didn't look like himself to that point, you can't deny that.

I was in the same place. I couldn’t even eat any of the incredible food my Mom made for the game. I was on my feet in a manic fashion from start to finish.
I was the same way. My stomach was in knots from about noon until the D-Will long touchdown to seal it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:45 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
He didn't look like himself to that point, you can't deny that.

I was the same way. My stomach was in knots from about noon until the D-Will long touchdown to seal it.
I don't recall him EVER looking "terrified." Do you?
[Reply]
burt 02:48 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I don't recall him EVER looking "terrified." Do you?
Not once. Entire year.
[Reply]
Page 271 of 283
« First < 171221261267268269270271 272273274275281 > Last »
Up