ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 258 of 283
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268 > Last »
Hall of Classics>****OFFICIAL Chiefs vs 49ers Super Bowl LIV Game Thread****
Hammock Parties 12:11 AM 02-02-2020
Let’s do this shit.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:42 PM 02-10-2020
I just rewatched the game. I noticed someone on the Chiefs sideline wearing a blue blazer with the old Chiefs Arrowhead on front just like the blue blazer that Hank Stream wore. I assume that was to honor Steam. Did anyone else see that?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:04 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I just rewatched the game. I noticed someone on the Chiefs sideline wearing a blue blazer with the old Chiefs Arrowhead on front just like the blue blazer that Hank Stream wore. I assume that was to honor Steam. Did anyone else see that?
Black blazer.

All the Chiefs brass had them on.

I want one of them jackets.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:17 PM 02-10-2020
Underrated part of the game: Butker was fantastic on kickoffs. Hangtime and accuracy made a huge difference
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:19 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Underrated part of the game: Butker was fantastic on kickoffs. Hangtime and accuracy made a huge difference
We haven't had to worry about Butker once in a postseason game.

He's the Mahomes of kicking.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:42 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Black blazer.

I guess that it was black. I saw Clark wearing his at the presentation of the Lombardi and got a better look at it. Yeah. That would be an awesome blazer to have.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:33 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
That “Frank The Clark Shark” from Mitch on the 4th down stop was just hilarious.
My favorite moment might’ve been when things were looking their worst, Mathieu jumps off the bench, grabs his helmet and starts pacing the sideline saying I LIKE IT LIKE THIS to himself over and over and over

The man was tuned UP
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 07:07 PM 02-13-2020
I'm not sure what this narrative is that the 49er's were the better team and choked. I'm watching the game now and we played a damn good first half. It was even but we had the better of the play for a good part of it. Yes the Chiefs sucked in the 3rd and for the first 8 minutes of the 4th, but we won the 1st, tied the 2nd, lost the 3rd & went on to dominate the 4th after a shaky 8 minutes. Stupid narrative is stupid.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:09 PM 02-13-2020
Black blazer.

And all of them had a the logo on the left breast facing right. Like Hank's.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:11 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My favorite moment might’ve been when things were looking their worst, Mathieu jumps off the bench, grabs his helmet and starts pacing the sideline saying I LIKE IT LIKE THIS to himself over and over and over

The man was tuned UP
Leaders.

I don't regret EB. It makes me unhappy that he had such a struggle the last two years as a Chief. But I don't think he was ever capable of being what HB is now.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:48 PM 02-13-2020
We haven't had to worry about Butker once in a postseason game.

He's the Mahomes of kicking.
We are extremely spoiled when it comes to kickers. People want to say Colquitt should retire because his leg is weak, but he hasn't hurt this team with a bad punt in a bad situation in years.

We have one of the best punters and place kickers, and those are positions we take for granted.

I wonder how happy Chicago would have been last year with Butler instead of the double doink guy.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:14 PM 02-13-2020
Yeah. Clark and Veach and other people had them.

I thought it was first class.

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Leaders.

I don't regret EB. It makes me unhappy that he had such a struggle the last two years as a Chief. But I don't think he was ever capable of being what HB is now.
I really think the year he played on the Franchise Tag he legitimately led a good defense.

Outside of that....Nope.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:17 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
We are extremely spoiled when it comes to kickers. People want to say Colquitt should retire because his leg is weak, but he hasn't hurt this team with a bad punt in a bad situation in years.

We have one of the best punters and place kickers, and those are positions we take for granted.

I wonder how happy Chicago would have been last year with Butler instead of the double doink guy.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Ummmmmm.....

We literally have a game that is colloquially called "The Kicker that shall go unnamed".

Sure, Santos and Buttkicker.com have been good. But outside of those 2 dudes, our entire history post Jan Stenerud has been pure motherfucking ass.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:13 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Ummmmmm.....

We literally have a game that is colloquially called "The Kicker that shall go unnamed".

Sure, Santos and Buttkicker.com have been good. But outside of those 2 dudes, our entire history post Jan Stenerud has been pure mother****ing ass.
Nick the kick
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:25 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Ummmmmm.....

Sure, Santos and Buttkicker.com have been good. But outside of those 2 dudes, our entire history post Jan Stenerud has been pure mother****ing ass.
I wouldn't say that. In fact, only Elliot was really ass. Nick Lowery was one of the best kickers in the league when he was here. Succop wasn't great, but was hardly ass. Morten Anderson was at the end of his career, but was still dependable. Lawrence Tynes was probably the worst we've had since Elliot. But, other than that, and Elliot's bad season, I can't remember ever having a season where we felt screwed at the position.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:36 AM 02-14-2020
I wouldn't say that. In fact, only Elliot was really ass. Nick Lowery was one of the best kickers in the league when he was here. Succop wasn't great, but was hardly ass. Morten Anderson was at the end of his career, but was still dependable. Lawrence Tynes was probably the worst we've had since Elliot. But, other than that, and Elliot's bad season, I can't remember ever having a season where we felt screwed at the position.
Lowery remains an epic tragedy.
Just about the lone spike of competence for years in the desert.
Growing up, you could instantly identify the Chiefs by describing 'the shitty team with a great kicker.'
Then Schottenheimer comes and restores competitiveness, and a hold pushes his last minute potential game winning FG in the playoffs out of his aging range.
Then he decides it's time to make some $$, and the Chiefs let him go.
And then the Chiefs endure the next playoffs with the kicker who shall not be named.

He was HoF level great, until we actually needed him, and we replaced him with a disaster, extending our misery for decades.
[Reply]
Page 258 of 283
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268 > Last »
Up