ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Hall of Classics>What would you do if your neighbor....
petegz28 05:26 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Interesting the beating Pete is taking, while the guy that has no regard for his neighbors and installs a ****ing spotlight comes off as an innocent in all this.

If someone like Iowanian, Bugeater, Frazod, etc posted this thread, you wouldn't hear a peep about "having the stones" to confront someone that obviously could give two shits about his neighbors.

You either have to be Stevie Wonder, or a real asshole to install something like that and NOT think it's going to be a nuisance to others.
Sort of how I saw it. You put it in and kept it on so why indication is there you will care what your neighbors say? And I was fine with a warning and possible fine from the city to send the message. But once they started talking about the Cops having to get involved....meh ...not ready to go there yet.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:09 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I enjoy all the prodding it took Pete to simply go over and talk to the guy.

Quite a pair of stones you have.

No wonder you are such a tough guy behind the keyboard.
GFY
[Reply]
|Zach| 05:11 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by petegz28:
GFY
I will be awaiting a letter or phone call from the cops to get this message.

Thanks in advance. :-)
[Reply]
jspchief 03:52 PM 01-09-2009
Are you the only neighbor that it bothers? If not, maybe you could try sending an anonymous letter explaining the situation. Mention that you felt it was best to ask politely before pursuing code enforcement.

Basically ask them as nicely as possible, while letting them know that there are further measures that can be taken if they decide to not a give a shit about the feelings of their neighbors.
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:53 PM 01-09-2009
First talk to them and explain. This is a must to do first. If this didit work. I honestly would pay some kids to break that shit one night. Hell, i used to do this kind of stuff when i was a kid. lol
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:54 PM 01-09-2009
Post pics of said light
[Reply]
DeezNutz 03:55 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Post pics of said light
This needs to happen.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:00 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
This needs to happen.
I ahve in other threads I wil dig them up later.. I just typed up a letter I am going to leave with them as I do not think they are home until later and I am going out, damn it!
[Reply]
DeezNutz 04:02 PM 01-09-2009
I ahve in other threads I wil dig them up later.. I just typed up a letter I am going to leave with them as I do not think they are home until later and I am going out, damn it!
For the record, I wouldn't do this.

If they react negatively, they'll have the letter in front of the them to continue to incite them. Conversations are more quickly forgotten. Plus, in person they'll see that you're not trying to be an ass.
[Reply]
munkey 04:03 PM 01-09-2009
I wouldn't leave a letter....but that's just me... :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 04:11 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by munkey:
I wouldn't leave a letter....but that's just me... :-)
Actually I just talked to the male of the house....some big black guy who stole another white woman... :-)

They said they will take care of it so, we shall see. The letter was in case they were not home.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 04:04 PM 01-09-2009
thats whats wrong with the world today. Letters are the new way to confront problems. Does not work. Whats wrong with good old fashion face to face talk?
[Reply]
patteeu 05:14 PM 01-09-2009
Doing it in person, politely, with a smile on your face would have the greatest chance of success, imo.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:15 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Doing it in person, politely, with a smile on your face would have the greatest chance of success, imo.
Well, we shall see.....

Trust me, when I saw the size of the guy, and I knew he was big but damn....I was nothing but smiles and nice...
[Reply]
sedated 03:55 PM 01-09-2009
Anyone who goes straight for legal action before simply expressing their level of annoyance is a pretty big douche in my book. And kind of a coward.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up