ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>What have you done with your CD collection?
mr. tegu 10:47 AM 08-07-2022
I’ve got a huge box of CDs I really don’t know what to do with. A few years back I took the time to put them on the computer so I have them digital now. But now they seem mostly worthless just taking up space. Have you thrown yours out? Keeping them for nostalgia? Are they worth anything? Better to just sit on them for any reason?
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:31 PM 08-12-2022
Listen to them frequently, thats what

I'm old school, prefer having something tangible
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:32 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Does anyone have 45's or 78's anymore?

Do people still have players for them?
My daughter bought a record player.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:03 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I used it for a while, but the app was terrible and the Echo integration was pretty bad for both being Amazon (and the Alexa apps is terrible). Mileage varies, of course.

I was a loooong holdout for online music in general. I had a decent collection of MP3s from college that's grown a decent amount of the years and always defaulted to listening to my own. My car even has a hard drive for all of my music as opposed to connecting to an online service.

I finally gave into Spotify a while back though and really like it.... and it integrates better with my Echo than Amazon music did. :-) The offline music option doesn't take a ton of storage and their music suggestions are pretty spot on (or at least deeper dives into bands I already like).
Wow. Does Spotify premium let you listen to whole albums etc? Idk, I love Amazon Music. But I’m probably simple minded.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:00 PM 08-12-2022
Switched to collecting music on vinyl
[Reply]
lcarus 09:11 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Ummm...I hate to break this to you, but CDs and DVDs are digital.
Yeah well you know what I mean. I stopped collecting the music stored on discs and downloaded them to a hard drive or other device. I have had the urge to buy a record player and start collecting some of my favorite albums on vinyl.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:40 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Wow. Does Spotify premium let you listen to whole albums etc? Idk, I love Amazon Music. But I’m probably simple minded.
Yes, and it's really easy to search by artist and get the entire album, or a huge list of all albums by an artist. I've also found there are more random options when telling the Echo "play classic rock on Spotify" or whatever.... I'll listen to some classical while working and while Amazon Music played one of two playlists, Spotify plays one of several.

I definitely listen to more music now with Spotify.
[Reply]
philfree 09:51 PM 08-12-2022
Nobody has CDs these days. They just don't draw enough interest!
[Reply]
lcarus 09:58 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
I had a zillion CDs in the 90s from those Columbia House things where they'd send you 12 CDs of your choice and then they'd send you a shitty Celine Dion or Chumbawamba CD and bill you 40 bucks for it at the end of the month.
[Reply]
Cosmos 01:00 AM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
Thought I’d do a quick count….304 CD’s, with 3 en route via EBay.

Did pick up some used vinyl last week…Quicksilver Messenger Service, Genesis and Emerson Lake & Palmer from my LRS.

Son dropped off an Odessa LP (concert coming this month) and Mac Miller…as we swap music back and forth for kicks.

TMI…:-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:14 AM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I had a zillion CDs in the 90s from those Columbia House things where they'd send you 12 CDs of your choice and then they'd send you a shitty Celine Dion or Chumbawamba CD and bill you 40 bucks for it at the end of the month.

[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up