ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What have you done with your CD collection?
mr. tegu 10:47 AM 08-07-2022
I’ve got a huge box of CDs I really don’t know what to do with. A few years back I took the time to put them on the computer so I have them digital now. But now they seem mostly worthless just taking up space. Have you thrown yours out? Keeping them for nostalgia? Are they worth anything? Better to just sit on them for any reason?
[Reply]
Stryker 09:44 PM 08-07-2022
Ripped all of my CDs to MP3s and backed up to 3 different SSD hard drives. As for the actual CDs? I still have most and will flip on eBay or simply give away. I have not bought a CD in quite a while since I can now digitally download from Amazon. Which keeps my digital purchases. :-)
[Reply]
KurtCobain 10:11 PM 08-07-2022
No fucking clue. I have started a new collection, though. I have about 10.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:06 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
No fucking clue. I have started a new collection, though. I have about 10.
You want some more?
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:08 PM 08-07-2022
Wait...never mind...every one of them are 10 or more years earlier than when you were born.
[Reply]
oldman 11:23 PM 08-07-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
My old CD music is on files that I can find with a lot of hassle. The new music won't let me, and it annoys me. I think Apple is going to screw me over at some point.

I might have to switch to one of those streaming services, but I hate leasing or subscribing to things. I want to make a one-time purchase, and the entire tech world no longer wants to do that.

I'm moving toward the position of living an entirely off-line life at some point. I can make my own music and program my own word processing software.
I ripped all of mine after my last home CD player died. I then backed them up on 2 HDs.

I'm finding just about everything I want on Amazon Music. Screw Apple and their constant updates/"enhancements" that work fine on Apple products but seem to fuck up on Windows.
[Reply]
straycash 01:23 AM 08-08-2022
Start buying vinyl.
[Reply]
Stewie 06:51 AM 08-08-2022
They're in a spare bedroom closet. 200+ and haven't listened to any of them in years.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:59 AM 08-08-2022
I got rid of all the jewel cases, bought a couple of 3 ring binders with the pages that fit cds. I have them in my car, and I never even touch them any more. BUT, occasionally I'll pop one in. I'm still old school, if I put an album on, I listen front to back, I don't really skip. It helps that all the music I have is '92 or prior for the most part, so it's ALL AWESOME!

Heh. I don't know really how to put all this shit on my computer let alone my phone. I can figure it out, I just don't feel like it. So, I don't really listen to music much these days, except whatever is on the local rock station.

I really need to get on this...
[Reply]
Spott 07:34 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I actually just threw out the Metallica Live Shit Binge & Purge box set VHS tapes the other day (might still have the CDs somewhere, but thinking those got thrown out a while back with a couple books of CDs that were burned to PC long ago).

It's nostalgic and all, but haven't been able to play the VHS tapes in years, the full concert is available on youtube, and the box sets go for all of $30 on eBay.
I gave away the Kill Em All CD that had the two extra songs on it as well as the original Garage Days EP from 1987, along with the rest of their CD from the 80’s. All those old CD’s sat around for quite awhile before I finally got around to converting them.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:56 AM 08-08-2022
I traded an Ice-T Body Count Cop Killer CD with box for a Beastie Boys CD back when it first came out. It was the original release where Cop Killer was tattooed on the guys chest, before they changed it to say Body Count after people freaked out.

Wish I could have that one back.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 08:16 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Wait...never mind...every one of them are 10 or more years earlier than when you were born.
They had music back then?
[Reply]
alpha_omega 08:44 AM 08-08-2022
Just got rid of the last of mine (sorry stevieray...they would have been yours had I known). I was totally prepared to toss them or take them to goodwill like some have mentioned. I ended up getting something for them through Dcluttr https://www.decluttr.com/

I didn't get much and it was probably more hassle than it was worth to pack and ship, but I did get about $26 for my last 93 CDs. It was a relatively easy process...just scan the barcode and they tell you what they'll give you for them. Some are worth more than others based on demand and their inventory I guess. Strange that Poison's Greatest Hits was far and away the one I got the most for. Here is a sample from my receipt.....
Attached: dcluttr capture.jpg (51.0 KB) 
[Reply]
stevieray 09:50 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
You want some more?
I do!

You have great taste in music.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:49 AM 08-08-2022
Still have it. I drive an older car so the CD player is my last link to when humanity made more sense.

I'm not giving my Metallica albums to anyone.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:10 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
They had music back then?
It was just two guys and a harpsichord.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up