ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
Bowser 02:55 PM 07-23-2022

[Reply]
Bowser 02:57 PM 07-23-2022
They've never really ever been able to get a D&D movie /show quite right, but I'm curious about this one. Decent looking cast, and I've been in lustlove with Michelle Rodriguez for a couple of decades now.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:06 PM 07-23-2022
Looks like it could actually be pretty good/fun.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 05:30 PM 07-23-2022
While this looks far from a fantasy masterpiece...it looks like it could be a lotta fun.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:04 AM 07-25-2022
Cautiously optimistic. Either it's going to be pretty good, or they made a great trailer that has the best parts of the movie.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:46 PM 07-25-2022
Pfff. Dungeons and Dragons is for nerds. Imma go play some Warcraft.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:56 PM 07-25-2022
Looks fun. I'm in!
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 02:11 PM 07-26-2022
I made my friends go see the D&D movie that came out in like 2002 maybe.

They were pissed that I made them go see it lol
[Reply]
Bowser 05:50 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
I made my friends go see the D&D movie that came out in like 2002 maybe.

They were pissed that I made them go see it lol
Wasn't one of the Wayans brothers in that? That flick was an absolute turd, haha.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:55 PM 07-26-2022
I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say the best D&D material put out there to date is the 80's cartoon series.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:45 PM 07-26-2022
Looks entertaining
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:33 PM 07-27-2022
The problem with trying to make a D&D movie is LOTR. LOTR is the fully developed world from which basically any D&D movie would spring, but LOTR is an established world with patient fans. They know that LOTR isn't coming together in 90 minutes, so there's built in forgiveness.

But a D&D movie needs to create a world, have its quest and resolution, and show a good time with magic and monsters, do it well enough to stand on its own and pull in an audience, and do that in 90-120 minutes. After all, very few people are going to want to watch a 90 minute movie that's just a dungeon, or just a D&D city, scenario.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:12 AM 07-28-2022
It looks like it will be fun... I could care less if it actually follows D&D stuff.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:20 AM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Wasn't one of the Wayans brothers in that? That flick was an absolute turd, haha.
yeah it was real bad. The Wayans brother played it like it was a comedy though.

I kept leaning over to my friend and telling him how good the movie was about 15 minutes in lol
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:24 AM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The problem with trying to make a D&D movie is LOTR. LOTR is the fully developed world from which basically any D&D movie would spring, but LOTR is an established world with patient fans. They know that LOTR isn't coming together in 90 minutes, so there's built in forgiveness.

But a D&D movie needs to create a world, have its quest and resolution, and show a good time with magic and monsters, do it well enough to stand on its own and pull in an audience, and do that in 90-120 minutes. After all, very few people are going to want to watch a 90 minute movie that's just a dungeon, or just a D&D city, scenario.
yeah that's basically right.

I saw someone on twitter suggest they should like lean into the fact that's it a game and wink at the audience. like have an actor play one character, then die and then the next scene have the same actor play a different character. or have a character go missing for a scene because he's off "doing an adventure somewhere else" and then show up in the next scene.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up