ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>What’s your approach to the cap and drafts?
RunKC 06:07 PM 06-30-2022
Was thinking today about Juju and Hardman being in contract years. I think both will have good years. So the question is: do you pay either of these guys? They’ll surely want at least $24 million AAV. A deal would likely be $20 million AAV.

Where would you allocate money on the team? More in offense or defense? What draft strategy do you have?

I think this is an interesting exercise in what the board thinks is best for our window with Patrick
[Reply]
O.city 03:30 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Two words: Gabriel Davis.

Davis is a fine player, don't get me wrong. Very fast at least. But on a team with Diggs, Beasley and Sanders, we got eviscerated by Gabrial Davis. And if we'd have had Deion Sanders and Ed Reed on the other side of him, it wouldn't have made a difference.

Because Hughes just couldn't get out of his own goddamn way. My memory is that he was pretty much singularly responsible for 3 TDs that day.

You just can't have that. I'm not even sure I agree completely that you need to avoid average players - average players are fine if they're playing average football.

But you can't have guys out there tripping over their feet on every drive like the Chiefs had that day. That was a total debacle.
Average players are fine. You need enough good players around them. Rising tides and ships and all.

We just have had absolute glaring holes on the defense since....2015 or so.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:11 PM 07-18-2022
Two words: Gabriel Davis.

Davis is a fine player, don't get me wrong. Very fast at least. But on a team with Diggs, Beasley and Sanders, we got eviscerated by Gabrial Davis. And if we'd have had Deion Sanders and Ed Reed on the other side of him, it wouldn't have made a difference.

Because Hughes just couldn't get out of his own goddamn way. My memory is that he was pretty much singularly responsible for 3 TDs that day.

You just can't have that. I'm not even sure I agree completely that you need to avoid average players - average players are fine if they're playing average football.

But you can't have guys out there tripping over their feet on every drive like the Chiefs had that day. That was a total debacle.
He beat Thornhill on a deep pass that game too. Thornhill completely blew the assignment.

I think you just answered your own question as to why they went so DB heavy instead of pass rush heavy in the draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:24 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He beat Thornhill on a deep pass that game too. Thornhill completely blew the assignment.

I think you just answered your own question as to why they went so DB heavy instead of pass rush heavy in the draft.
And I acknowledged same in real time.

But I still think they needed to do more somewhere, somehow on that DL. Or shell-gamed it and resigned ward to allow for more draft capital somewhere on the DL.
[Reply]
poolboy 09:48 PM 07-18-2022
Hughes was just too small...Mike Williams torched him also
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 AM 07-19-2022
And I acknowledged same in real time.

But I still think they needed to do more somewhere, somehow on that DL. Or shell-gamed it and resigned ward to allow for more draft capital somewhere on the DL.
Whats the hold up with the dude from Chicago? Seems liek a perfect solution for the Chiefs and the Bears.

We get Quinn and pay the money

They get a draft pick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:20 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Whats the hold up with the dude from Chicago? Seems liek a perfect solution for the Chiefs and the Bears.

We get Quinn and pay the money

They get a draft pick.
I think we're probably drawing the line around a 3rd round pick and they are hoping they can do better.

I think he ultimately gets traded, though. Just a question as to where and at what cost. If the Chiefs offered a 2, it would be done by now. But they can't do that for a guy Quinn's age and with his contract.

They're probably willing to offer a 3 and the Bears are stalling and hoping for more.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 07-19-2022
I think we're probably drawing the line around a 3rd round pick and they are hoping they can do better.

I think he ultimately gets traded, though. Just a question as to where and at what cost. If the Chiefs offered a 2, it would be done by now. But they can't do that for a guy Quinn's age and with his contract.

They're probably willing to offer a 3 and the Bears are stalling and hoping for more.
Well, we're bearing down on TC here, whats the hold up?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up