ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Non-woke media for people into non-woke tales
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:13 PM 06-28-2022
These days, there are billions of TV shows and movies, but every billion of them share a lot in common. Men are the enemy. Whites are the enemy. So combine the two worst characteristics, white and man, into one character and you have yourself a villain. Now just fill the story with diverse women and diverse people that were born withle that never can do wrong and that's everything everywhere.

But what if you don't like that sort of political agenda? What if that kinda annoys you? You might want an option to see something along the lines of your own sensibilities. To that end, here is the list:

#1) Alien. This is weird because it stars a woman, but it's great. It's the tops.

#2) Bull Durham. Also weirdly celebrated by feminists cause it had a strong woman character. Same actress actually.

#3) The Big Sleep. Starring Bogey and the best actress of all time, Lauren Bacall. Great stuff. Written by a Pulitzer Prize winner and Nobel Prize winner.

#4) To Have and Have Not. Written by that aforementioned PP and NP winner, but this one was adapted from the works of a person considered good, Ernest Hemingway.

#5) Bone Tomahawk. Kurt Russel in a western that is considered so stomach-turningly violent, most people won't even watch it.

#6) Star Trek 6, The Undiscovered Country. An example a super ultra woke film that was actually good. They didn't have diverse female characters ninja kicking white men at all.

#7) Das Boot. Best war movie ever made. It should be #1 but I'm too lazy to go back and edit. Zero women characters, so zero opportunity to have women characters jump kicking men. It worked.

#1) Atlas Shrugged, all 3 parts. Written by a woman, this is considered the most anti-woke material ever filmed. It's a breath of fresh air.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:47 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
:-)
Like a person that communicates in emojis has ever read a book.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:52 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
I don't make assumptions. I want to hear you say who you are referring to as "we".

Who exactly do you think are becoming second class citizens?
Watch out Carr4MVP, he's setting you up to call you the big R-word! I know how these clowns operate. So do you for that matter.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Sure, Janx, you can hold her to that. There is only one person in 'human' history that got put to the fire for his beliefs and withstood it and rose from the dead a few days afterward, and that is Jesus.
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego *LITERALLY* got put to the fire for their beliefs and withstood it. It is literally a tale in your religion's handbook. Fuck... Job is another.

I don't give a shit about the "rising from the dead" part. PLENTY of people both real and historical along with the fictional characters in your book have actually lived up to their own belief system. Rand is not one of them.

Originally Posted by :
Did you know that Nietzsche lost his sanity and died in the care of his sister as a mental invalid? The greatest human thinker I've ever encountered in print, tbh. His mind broke when he saw someone beating a horse, so he ran up and wrapped his arms around that horse to save it, said something like "you leave this horse alone", fell down weeping, and he never recovered mentally. That's Friedrich Nietzsche, possibly the smartest philosopher (and philologist) ever to live. He died drooling at the mouth.

They say that he died of syphilis. If you learn any Nietzsche at university, they will tell you he died of undiagnosed syphilis. They say that his last ever works, when he became a Christian, were just nonsense that his devout sister wrote under his name. That's what they say.
What the fuck does any of this have to do with Rand's entire belief system being an utter failure and her abandoning those beliefs at the end? Plus her institute taking the PPP "loans"?
[Reply]
Fish 11:09 AM 07-25-2022
Like a person that communicates in emojis has ever read a book.
Nobody gives a shit what books you've claimed to read, weirdo. You keep doing that like you're humble bragging, but everyone knows better.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:45 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego *LITERALLY* got put to the fire for their beliefs and withstood it. It is literally a tale in your religion's handbook. ****... Job is another.

I don't give a shit about the "rising from the dead" part. PLENTY of people both real and historical along with the fictional characters in your book have actually lived up to their own belief system. Rand is not one of them.

What the **** does any of this have to do with Rand's entire belief system being an utter failure and her abandoning those beliefs at the end? Plus her institute taking the PPP "loans"?
That's why I kept in the "and rose from the dead a few days later" part. You don't like that part. I find it the most inspiring thing ever. I get it, it sounds fictitious, but the harder you look into it, the less fictitious it becomes. It actually wasn't fiction. Just humor a Christian for a moment. What if Jesus rising from the dead wasn't fiction at all?

As far as what Ayn Rand's estate does, that has nothing to do with her, and even less to do with her beliefs. She is dead, friend, and was dead far before the PPP loans. She isn't coming back either. You act like you expect her to rise from the grave and put a stop to this PPP fraud. Only Jesus did that.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:56 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Nobody gives a shit what books you've claimed to read, weirdo. You keep doing that like you're humble bragging, but everyone knows better.
Knows better about what, friend? You don't think I've read a lot of books? You think I'm full of shit about reading? I had no idea that was even considered a brag.

I'm full of shit on a lot of things, Fish, but I don't know how one could fake being well read. Because to fake being well read, the best way to do that would be to read a lot. But at that point, it is no longer fake lol.

Hey Fish. Look up my name, Vladimir Kyrilytch on the internet. You will find that isn't my name at all, it is a literary character better known as VK Ratliff. Both VK Ratliff and Vladimir Kyrilytch are literary characters created by William Faulkner. But you don't think I've read anything is that your stance?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:09 PM 07-25-2022
That's why I kept in the "and rose from the dead a few days later" part. You don't like that part. I find it the most inspiring thing ever. I get it, it sounds fictitious, but the harder you look into it, the less fictitious it becomes. It actually wasn't fiction. Just humor a Christian for a moment. What if Jesus rising from the dead wasn't fiction at all?
It isn't that I don't like that part... it is that it is irrelevant to what Rand did. There have been others though that when faced with death, examples from your own handbook, that have actually held firm to their beliefs... unlike Rand.

Originally Posted by :
As far as what Ayn Rand's estate does, that has nothing to do with her, and even less to do with her beliefs. She is dead, friend, and was dead far before the PPP loans. She isn't coming back either. You act like you expect her to rise from the grave and put a stop to this PPP fraud. Only Jesus did that.
Why would I expect Rand to come back and stop it when she herself couldn't live up to her belief system such as those 3 brave Hebrews, Job, Abraham (going to kill his son), Jacob (being sold by his brothers into slavery then being thrown into prison for not fucking), and even fucking Rahab (Jericho) did in the face of their own mortality.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:25 PM 07-25-2022
It isn't that I don't like that part... it is that it is irrelevant to what Rand did. There have been others though that when faced with death, examples from your own handbook, that have actually held firm to their beliefs... unlike Rand.

Why would I expect Rand to come back and stop it when she herself couldn't live up to her belief system such as those 3 brave Hebrews, Job, Abraham (going to kill his son), Jacob (being sold by his brothers into slavery then being thrown into prison for not ****ing), and even ****ing Rahab (Jericho) did in the face of their own mortality.
You come from interesting angles, Janx. The one book of the bible I think really was bastardized by humans was actually Job. Apparently the poetic parts date back really far, I mean real far. Further than the Illyiad. But the beginning, the part about God and Satan having a friendly wager, that part was added later. It is the one book of the Bible I think is sus.

You say you read it all Janx, and you have your references. But 1 chapter of the Fountainhead puts you on tilt. Why might that be? Afraid it'll resonate?
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 12:32 PM 07-25-2022
Watch out Carr4MVP, he's setting you up to call you the big R-word! I know how these clowns operate. So do you for that matter.

I'm a clown for asking him what he means?

If what he is saying is that he thinks white men are becoming second rate citizens then he should say that. Because that's what it sounds like he is saying but i want to make sure first.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:38 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
I'm a clown for asking him what he means?

If what he is saying is that he thinks white men are becoming second rate citizens then he should say that. Because that's what it sounds like he is saying but i want to make sure first.
He didn't say that because he has tact, but I'm not so afflicted. I will say that. I think not only is it true, I think it is self evident. I think white males are under attack, culturally. Furthermore, I don't think it is an accident. I think it is a basic tenent of Marxism.

Call me racist. Go ahead, do it. It'll make you feel so much better to have a "gotcha!" moment.

Have your moment, man.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:54 PM 07-25-2022
You come from interesting angles, Janx.
Thanks

Originally Posted by :
The one book of the bible I think really was bastardized by humans was actually Job. Apparently the poetic parts date back really far, I mean real far. Further than the Illyiad. But the beginning, the part about God and Satan having a friendly wager, that part was added later. It is the one book of the Bible I think is sus.
All irrelevant to your original point in comparing the actions of an immortal deity "dying" then being "resurrected" to Ayn Rand. Especially when others who had no such promise of resurrection actually carried through with their belief system. In fact, Ayn Rand was an Athiest.

Originally Posted by :
You say you read it all Janx, and you have your references. But 1 chapter of the Fountainhead puts you on tilt. Why might that be? Afraid it'll resonate?
Does it put me on tilt? No my guy.

Are you familiar with Jones Cola? Neat company that puts out soda pop in a multitude of flavors.

I didn't have to drink the Turkey & Gravy flavored soda to know I wasn't going to like it... especially after having already tried the Egg Nog Soda and even found their more traditionally flavor sodas to be lacking in the flavor to expense ratio.

Same with Rand. She is a clown that deserves the same amount of attention as L. Ron Hubbard.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 01:00 PM 07-25-2022
Thanks

All irrelevant to your original point in comparing the actions of an immortal deity "dying" then being "resurrected" to Ayn Rand. Especially when others who had no such promise of resurrection actually carried through with their belief system. In fact, Ayn Rand was an Athiest.

Does it put me on tilt? No my guy.

Are you familiar with Jones Cola? Neat company that puts out soda pop in a multitude of flavors.

I didn't have to drink the Turkey & Gravy flavored soda to know I wasn't going to like it... especially after having already tried the Egg Nog Soda and even found their more traditionally flavor sodas to be lacking in the flavor to expense ratio.

Same with Rand. She is a clown that deserves the same amount of attention as L. Ron Hubbard.
L Ron Hubbard believed that microscopic aliens cause all human afflictions, from depression to cancer. That's a bit farfetched.

Ayn Rand believed that a person would be best motivated to become the best person he or she could become if that person was less encumbered and more encouraged. She would hate having grade school teachers spend 80% of their time trying to get the worst 5% of the students to pay attention. She would promote spending more time on the talented student that gets ignored because that student gets okay grades. She would say, let's focus on that student, and less on the one with behavioral problems. What would that lead to as a society, she would ask? Maybe something better. Less farfetched.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:14 PM 07-25-2022
L Ron Hubbard believed that microscopic aliens cause all human afflictions, from depression to cancer. That's a bit farfetched.

Ayn Rand believed that a person would be best motivated to become the best person he or she could become if that person was less unencumbered and more encouraged. She would hate having grade school teachers spend 80% of their time trying to get the worst 5% of the students to pay attention. She would promote spending more time on the talented student that gets ignored because that student gets okay grades. She would say, let's focus on that student, and less on the one with behavioral problems. What would that lead to as a society, she would ask? Maybe something better. Less farfetched.
L. Aaron Hubbard was the Turkey and Gravy Jones soda.

Rand was the Bacon Jones soda.

Rand was a sellout.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 01:33 PM 07-25-2022
L. Aaron Hubbard was the Turkey and Gravy Jones soda.

Rand was the Bacon Jones soda.

Rand was a sellout.
To be clear Mr. Janx, I am no longer super into Rand. She isn't a political figure at all, at her best. She was an incredibly gifted novelist.

Politically, I think take 80% of her ideas and run a nation on it, and you have the best nation ever. Leave the more out there 20% as an artist that didn't spend a ton of time in the real world. That last 20% can be disregarded, but the 80% is so on point, I vote for anyone that has an objectivist background.

What books do you read Mr. Janx? And mind you that currently I am reading "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius. Of course, maybe I'm completely lying about ever having read anything, as that last guy accused.

I'm going deep into stoicsm with this Aurelius. I still think Jesus has all these other philosophies beat though.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 01:40 PM 07-25-2022
New Lounge thread idea: Is chitownchiefsfan the same person as NJchiefsfan? I think yes.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up