ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 125
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
kccrow 04:49 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not surprising. For a big fast guy in a soft conference, his production is pretty wanting. And he wasn’t actually the HR hitter his size and the stopwatch says he should be.

And again - I’m not shitting on the pick. We took Davis in the 3rd round right? Getting a guy that’s damn near a clone of him in the 7th is solid.

But this is a strictly measurables play. He wasn’t anywhere close to as productive as the highlight real and stopwatch/scale says he should’ve been. So PFF isn’t gonna like him.
Soft conference... :-)

Cut him off bartender.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:50 PM 04-30-2022
All aboard the Pacheco Express
[Reply]
Iconic 04:50 PM 04-30-2022
I'm just glad we got speed in a RB room that desperately needed it.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:50 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
3.9 ypc in college isn't good though. 1.9 per catch? Yeesh.

Pre-Draft Analysis
Pacheco averaged just 3.9 yards per carry and 1.9 yards per catch last year, but he has outstanding top-end speed. He runs with great effort and has average contact balance. He's a hands catcher, and he flashes as a route runner. -- Steve Muench
Yeah, very light on production. He was drafted for his measurables.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:50 PM 04-30-2022
I remember when Darwin Thompson was going to start and set the league on fire his rookie year.

I think some people are going to get googly eyes for this guy too, and will probably end up disappointed
[Reply]
RunKC 04:51 PM 04-30-2022
Just saw this man ran 24 mph in a game at 215 lbs

Goddamn
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:51 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
3.9 ypc in college isn't good though. 1.9 per catch? Yeesh.

Pre-Draft Analysis
Pacheco averaged just 3.9 yards per carry and 1.9 yards per catch last year, but he has outstanding top-end speed. He runs with great effort and has average contact balance. He's a hands catcher, and he flashes as a route runner. -- Steve Muench
For what it’s worth, his backups were worse. The Rutgers offense was ass (shocker - Greg Schiano gonna Greg Schiano).

He was much more efficient his previous seasons.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:52 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I remember when Darwin Thompson was going to start and set the league on fire his rookie year.

I think some people are going to get googly eyes for this guy too, and will probably end up disappointed
Unless this guy is legit reeruned at football like Darwin award I think he'll manage to do at least something worthwhile.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:52 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Chances are you’re right.

But it’s about as exciting as a 7th round pick gets.

And Veach told us he loved the late round RBs, so he probably really likes this guy.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:52 PM 04-30-2022
I think I first saw Tex say something about him in the draft forum. Thought it was a nice late pairing.

Reminds me of Damian Williams. Not really more than a one-cut guy, but when he does cut he has the speed to take it the distance.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:53 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Soft conference... :-)

Cut him off bartender.
The Big 10 could win every non-con and bowl matchup it plays and I wouldn’t acknowledge them as decent. Just the way it is.

I hate the Big 10 more than the AFC East.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:54 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup.

Again - a VERY Knile Davis sort of player.

Give him a clear seam and the ability to hit it in stride and he’ll blast through there and maybe knock the first guy he sees down in the process.

But I don’t see him picking his way down the line and making a controlled cut after he sets his blockers up or something like that. Good runner when his shoulders are square and can punish guys that aren’t ready for his speed at that size, but I don’t see a 3-down back or even a primary 1st/2nd down guy in this system.
I admittedly know little about this kid.

but watching the first highlight video Dante posted above, you can literally watch him do exactly that. You can also watch him catch passes, juke a guy out of his shoes, and run for 6-and you can watch him do it more than once.

Now, will that translate to the NFL? Who knows. You can only play the guys in front of you. But at 215 lbs. with 4.37 speed?

Remember that Veach said there would be starting RB's in the 7th round. I don't think he takes one if he sees Knile Davis.

Just saying.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:55 PM 04-30-2022

[Reply]
O.city 04:55 PM 04-30-2022
It’s a 7th round pick

Likely he never does anything so start from thetr and if you get anything it’s a bonus
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:56 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:
I'm just glad we got speed in a RB room that desperately needed it.
I hope he can grab that RB3 spot.

Because yeah, I wanted nothing but speed from any RB we added in this draft. We needed it so badly. And if we insist on running inside zone, this guy CAN do some damage. Especially if teams went to stay in 2-high looks.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 125
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up