ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 98
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL STOCK CHALLENGE & DISCUSSION THREAD****
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:48 AM 03-24-2022
Stock Discussion
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:46 PM 08-12-2022
Kevin did show a screen shot, they're diverting 80% of buy orders to the Dark pool. God Damn cheaters. Don't know what platform shows that, bet Johnny knows. Hey Johnny!
[Reply]
myselff77 02:14 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Used my day trade on VEEE. :-)
Nice work. Interesting that VEEE is jumping in afterhours if you happened to keep any.
[Reply]
myselff77 02:17 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I'm watching this guy named KEVIN right now . His channel is "Free From it all"!
How are you finding these youtube guys to follow? Just bloodlessly searching through the youtube cesspool until find a channel worthwhile?
[Reply]
stumppy 02:42 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by myselff77:
Nice work. Interesting that VEEE is jumping in afterhours if you happened to keep any.
Nope, in and out. Looks like I left a lot, but oh well, I'll take 22% any day. Wasn't that much $$, small potatoes for me too but every little bit helps.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:00 PM 08-12-2022
How are you finding these youtube guys to follow? Just bloodlessly searching through the youtube cesspool until find a channel worthwhile?
When you start watching a certain subject then the algorithms will cause certain videos to pop up. You can just put "stocks" in your youtube search and find stuff. But then you have to weed through to find the ones you like and trust.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:04 PM 08-12-2022
Hey myselff77, I made a small trade off OLO this morning after you brought it to my attention. Made $56. Thanks. 8.91 to 9.90 on 50 shares and then somehow I bought 50 more on accident at 9.37 and after I realized what I had done I made a quick market sale and got 9.45. LOL
[Reply]
stumppy 03:10 PM 08-12-2022
Hey myselff77, I made a small trade off OLO this morning after you brought it to my attention. Made $56. Thanks. 8.91 to 9.90 on 50 shares and then somehow I bought 50 more on accident at 9.37 and after I realized what I had done I made a quick market sale and got 9.45. LOL
:-)

I don't know how many times I've done that. Get set up to buy, finger hovering over the mouse still thinking about it, decide not to buy and twitch click, damnit!
[Reply]
stumppy 03:25 PM 08-12-2022
MARA take a look.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:28 PM 08-12-2022
MARA take a look.
Doesn't MARA basically follow Bitcoin like GBTC ??
[Reply]
stumppy 03:48 PM 08-12-2022
Doesn't MARA basically follow Bitcoin like GBTC ??
I think they're miners. I'm sure the stock price will reflect crypto prices. Pick some up about a week and a half ago. Nice return so far.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:15 PM 08-12-2022
I think they're miners. I'm sure the stock price will reflect crypto prices. Pick some up about a week and a half ago. Nice return so far.
Yes, thats why I started loading up on GBTC in the 12/13 range. Whenever Bitcoin takes off it will too.

Take a chart and overlap BTC and GBTC and you'll see they're identical. With GBTC it's just a stock like MARA and no need to worry about wallets or platforms. Fuck Bitcoin.

Bitcoin at 22,000 =GBTC at 13.00

Bitcoin at 44,000 = GBTC at 26.00
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:18 PM 08-12-2022
Top two today:

BBBY up 21.83% (Chazno)
MREO up 17.39% (PHOG)

SPY up 1.70%
CP up 2.33%

We're just around 1% away from catching the SPY, check OP
[Reply]
myselff77 07:26 PM 08-12-2022
Glad to hear it worked out for you. By the time the market opened and I got in there it wasn’t looking that great so I wound up avoiding it. I probably should figure out how to do pre market trades on Schwab for some of these to get in before the market has already adjusted back a bit at open.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:40 PM 08-12-2022
Lewdog - are you still sitting on the sidelines or have you started to reenter the market with VCP screen/plays? I read Minervini's book which was pretty imformative. First few trades have been successful so I'll keep it up. Struggle a little bit with deciding when to sell especially around earning report time.
Glad you read the book! Once you get the technique down, you're going to feel so good knowing your capital will NEVER get trapped in a down trend. You won't catch the huge up swings like many claim to do, but they absolutely lose way too much capital on these quick down swings that you'll come out ahead in the long run AND be able to sleep at night.

What are you using to screen for stocks?

I've taken trades here and there but never getting more than 30% exposed at a time and selling quickly as a bear market rally is still in play. Many times I raise my stop to the low of the prior day to lock in profits, so trades are short.

Quite a few nice entries have been present during this recent positive trend, so you're following the rules nicely for just starting and noticing that.

I NEVER hold through earnings. Not worth the risk. Take a look at most stocks in the past year around earnings and you're risking a 10-25% loss in a day, even on blue chip stocks.

Please feel free to post questions here or PM me. Glad you're using a real strategy.
[Reply]
myselff77 10:14 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Please feel free to post questions here or PM me. Glad you're using a real strategy.
Thanks for the feedback. I was able to use Schwab’s Streetsmart Edge to create a screener that hits on his criteria for stocks in Phase 2. From there I look at the charts to see what has volume decreasing and price fluctuating tightening up.

Probably can learn to time things better in terms of the best entry point. I also find it difficult to figure out where exactly in phase 2 the stock is and how much run it has left but I assume I’ll get better with time in recognizing the VCP pattern. I’ve been happy with my first 4 trades at least.

How long are you typically holding on to a stock? Im really not sure if it’s typical to hold onto a stock for a month or more. I’m holding longer than I expected but selling off 50% at certain increments to lock in some profits and let some continue to run. Seems to be working but I can always learn more.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 98
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up