ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 352
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:40 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Now we're a top 5 team...
Top 2 team now, I'd say. Only Zaga can compare.

Starting lineup might look something like this:

PG: Martin
SG: Yesufu
SF: Agbaji
PF: Wilson
C: McCormack

First off bench: Harris, Braun (hopefully he's not getting much more than 10-15 min a game on this roster now), Coleman Lands, Martin, Clemence

Others: Adams, Pettiford, Lightfoot (who may never play again)
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:45 PM 07-06-2021
That's the starting lineup I'm hoping for. Braun is solid bench player, nothing more.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:47 PM 07-06-2021
Cam Martin could very well demand minutes
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:53 PM 07-06-2021
SO WHO WILL TAKE US DOWN?

I do not think the Zags are any better, IMHO an equal.

NCAA might do it!
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:58 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
So much for PB’s insider info
I for one appreciate legit insider info when given. Having grown up in Lawrence I had an insider on the football team through several coaching turnovers... that eventually dried up about a decade ago and it is discouraging not having that insight anymore. PB's source has been really good from what he's shared. Keep 'em coming.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:07 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
SO WHO WILL TAKE US DOWN?

I do not think the Zags are any better, IMHO an equal.

NCAA might do it!
I mentioned earlier in the thread if Cockburn goes to Kentucky that's a legit contender.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:15 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I mentioned earlier in the thread if Cockburn goes to Kentucky that's a legit contender.
Kentucky always has a jelling issue with Cal unless the talent is so over willingly gross it takes over for his lack of coaching. Cal has always won on talent, has never had a team with less talent and won on a consistency basis.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:34 PM 07-06-2021
Switching gears a bit since it makes me sick to talk about Kentucky...

I am starting to wonder if NIL is going to save college basketball.

I think a lot of guys don't even need that much cash. If you have a scholarship but can make like 20 grand extra on some endorsement that might be all the extra money you need to decide to stick around an extra year or avoid going overseas. I can't believe it happened so fast to be honest.

Also colleges have better name recognition than G league does. If Self doesn't have to worry about getting in trouble over kids making a little extra cash and that whole plausible deniability thing with Adidas ceases to exist then I think it could benefit our program a ton.

Think about Brandon Rush, who only came back from the draft because he got hurt and then KU won a championship with him.

It's an exciting time and a total 180 from the worry I had about the G league ruining college basketball.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:41 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

First off bench: Harris, Braun (hopefully he's not getting much more than 10-15 min a game on this roster now), Coleman Lands, Martin, Clemence

I'm hoping Braun doesn't see the floor much, but Self loves him some vet players that shouldn't be starting but are starting for some unknown reason.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:22 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'm hoping Braun doesn't see the floor much, but Self loves him some vet players that shouldn't be starting but are starting for some unknown reason.
Self needs to let Braun shoot once. If it goes in, he can keep playing. If he misses, he’s on the bench the rest of the game.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:23 PM 07-06-2021
Self loves playing 2 point guards, and now we have 4. Set for this year and next.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:25 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

This definitely looks right to me.

I’m really excited to see what Clemence and Cam Martin can do off the bench.

Can Martin can light it up from 3. Hell of a weapon coming off the bench.
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:58 PM 07-06-2021
UK will be a bigger threat if Carr lands there.

IMHO, I see Carr going overseas for a year or 2 to further his skills! He is wanting $$$ now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:58 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Self is the best coach in college BB. Have to take the bad tendencies with the good.:-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:01 PM 07-06-2021
Transfers ranked:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nkings-2021-22

If the top two go to Kentucky that's a problem
[Reply]
Page 8 of 352
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up