ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Predator Reboot
Tribal Warfare 07:45 PM 11-21-2020

Director of the just announced #Predator reboot, Dan Trachtenberg, reveals he's been working on the project for four years!https://t.co/ItacWhliVb pic.twitter.com/LahwYTRTAx

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) November 21, 2020

#Prey will have a Comanche dub when it releases: https://t.co/tkuIvUZNmr

— The Illuminerdi (@The_Illuminerdi) July 22, 2022

[Reply]
Frazod 03:51 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I ran into him a few years back and he was definitely "fit" but he wasn't anywhere near as pumped as he was in the 80's and 90's.

Also, there's not a chance in hell he's even a centimeter taller than 5'10.

But you're absolutely correct: If he was to take on the role of Conan, he'd need a "fake" sword, like a fake lightsaber, in order to "fight" onscreen.
Hmm. According to IMDb, he's 6'2". Of course, I've long since learned that you can't believe everything you read. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:55 PM 11-22-2020
Well if Fishpicker is right an Arnie sequel ain't hattnin'

So you can both STOP SHITTING ALL OVER MY DREAMS!!!!!!... that Netflix series sounds promising, tho :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 04:10 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
the old magic isn't duplicable. 82CtB started with Oliver Stone creating a screenplay from an amalgam of the source material. (Conan & Kull) Robert E Howards' stories never made it to the point where Conan was King of Aquilonia. Milius isn't able to direct since his stroke. Ron Cobb (production designer) died a few months ago. nobody can replace all that talent behind the camera. movies aren't made that way anymore.

also the guy that purchased the rights to Conan is a real dick hole and very protective of the IP. He wont agree to anything without a huge check up front.

there's this though
Yeah, there was some serious talent behind the original that made it work; that's what separated it from the other mostly lame ass films of that genre that were popular back then. Another key component was Poledouris's brilliant soundtrack, which IMO is the best ever.

All of those people (along with actors of the same caliber of James Earl Jones, Max von Sydow and William Smith) were absent from the second film, and it absolutely sucked balls.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:12 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Hmm. According to IMDb, he's 6'2". Of course, I've long since learned that you can't believe everything you read. :-)
Yeah, he's lied about his height for years.

I'd seen him dozens and dozens of times on the Universal Lot (he used to park his giant yellow Hummer at the lot just off Barham and since he took up about 7 or 8 spaces, everyone knew when he was on the lot but I'd only seen him from a distance and not up close.

But when we were side-by-side at the old Palms steakhouse in West Hollywood, I was shocked to see that he was at least 3" shorter than me.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:14 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, he's lied about his height for years.

I'd seen him dozens and dozens of times on the Universal Lot (he used to park his giant yellow Hummer at the lot just off Barham and since he took up about 7 or 8 spaces, everyone knew when he was on the lot but I'd only seen him from a distance and not up close.

But when we were side-by-side at the old Palms steakhouse in West Hollywood, I was shocked to see that he was at least 3" shorter than me.
Stallone must be the size of an elf. :-)

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 11-22-2020
Stallone must be the size of an elf. :-)
I've never run into him before but a good friend was a producer on one of his movies about 10 years ago.

This particular friend is 5'6ish and said that Stallone was the same exact height, which makes sense because Mr. T is 5'10 but towered over Stallone in Rocky III.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:38 PM 11-22-2020
I’ve got a friend who does valet service sometimes. He says he’s stood next to Arnold and he’s only about 5’10”.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 05:12 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’ve got a friend who does valet service sometimes. He says he’s stood next to Arnold and he’s only about 5’10”.
I've also heard that Arnold is shorter than he says,but i wonder if he's shrunk some over the years,he appeared to be fairly tall in his bodybuilding days.But as for Stallone,i imagine he is shorter than advertised or wears lifts.
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:40 PM 11-24-2020
Some of these classics with the incredible casts just can’t be remade. The Red Dawn remake was the worst thing I’ve ever seen.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:44 PM 11-24-2020
Stallone is tiny :-)

[Reply]
MahiMike 02:24 PM 11-24-2020
I feel like I'm watching predator every time I see dudes w/dregs in the NFL.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:07 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Some of these classics with the incredible casts just can’t be remade. The Red Dawn remake was the worst thing I’ve ever seen.
Boy that's no shit. The U.S. invaded by North Korea? Give me a fucking break. Maybe in the next reboot we'll get our asses kicked by Monaco. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:26 PM 11-24-2020
Maybe in the next reboot we'll get our asses kicked by Monaco. :-)
:-):-):-) :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:29 PM 11-24-2020
:-)
Boy that's no shit. The U.S. invaded by North Korea? Give me a ****ing break. Maybe in the next reboot we'll get our asses kicked by Monaco. :-)

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:05 PM 11-24-2020
Boy that's no shit. The U.S. invaded by North Korea? Give me a ****ing break. Maybe in the next reboot we'll get our asses kicked by Monaco. :-)
If I remember right, as filmed it was China. But then in post production , they went back and changed everything to North Korea to not offend China and their desirable box office numbers.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up