ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 56
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:30 PM 08-06-2022

[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 07:42 PM 08-06-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Anybody bought any of the rookie Royals like Witt, Vinnie, Melendez, etc….cards?

I’m thinking about diving in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have quite a few of each. I don't have any Witt Jr. 1st Bowman autos, but I have several of Melendez and Prattos. I do have quite a few non autos of Witt Jr, though. No Vinnie's yet.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:22 PM 08-12-2022
2017 Panini The National Juju RC /25
Attached: IMG_20220812_161759012.jpg (181.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:07 AM 08-27-2022
2016 Leaf U.S. Army All-American Bowl Mecole Hardman Auto /5 - High School Auto
Attached: IMG_20220827_095452285.jpg (278.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:09 AM 08-27-2022
2018 Absolute Justin Watson Blue Boss Hoggs Auto - rookie year auto
Attached: IMG_20220827_095523062.jpg (277.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:09 PM 08-28-2022
Probably already discussed, but any recommendations on an app or website to catalog a collection, including that app/website being able to pull information on card values?

I browsed a few apps and they all seem equally bad based on reviews, with people begging for them to work.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:15 PM 08-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Probably already discussed, but any recommendations on an app or website to catalog a collection, including that app/website being able to pull information on card values?

I browsed a few apps and they all seem equally bad based on reviews, with people begging for them to work.
I don't use any thing like Beckett Organize or any other service. I have my own excel spreadsheet that I just add or subtract from that. I'd never trust Beckett values anyway.

Values I'm not really concerned with as they can go up and down at a moments notice so I always just check ebay or 130point.com for present comps to gauge value if available.

Sometimes like the Mecole U.S. Army auto that I posted above don't always show the correct sales value right away, if ever. It shows it sold for 39.95, but in reality I paid $29. Which was still a few dollars more than what it is worth IMO.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:34 PM 08-28-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I don't use any thing like Beckett Organize or any other service. I have my own excel spreadsheet that I just add or subtract from that. I'd never trust Beckett values anyway.

Values I'm not really concerned with as they can go up and down at a moments notice so I always just check ebay or 130point.com for present comps to gauge value if available.

Sometimes like the Mecole U.S. Army auto that I posted above don't always show the correct sales value right away, if ever. It shows it sold for 39.95, but in reality I paid $29. Which was still a few dollars more than what it is worth IMO.
Thanks. When I was a kid, I cataloged each binder with something like "Topps '86" and then all of the card numbers from that set, just on notepad paper.... over the years I've thought about going the Excel route, but I have a shit ton of cards. Mostly 80s-90s, some older and probably nothing later than ~'98. They do very little besides move wherever I go, then sit in the basement.

I'd only like values to pick out the ones that are worth more than a dime per dozen. I started with CollX, which as advertised, isn't great, but has a lot of potential to be great. Of the top ~10 I scanned that I thought might be worth something, it was about $200 (and of course that's just uploading without any kind of rating or even guess at quality). :-) I have a few full sets, too, that don't seem great Googling/Ebaying.

The app seems like a great way to catalog when it properly finds a card and uploads it to their system (it scanned most... maybe up to 90% of them, but the uploading took forever in the background), but just like Excel or any other method, would absolutely take forever.

It's nostalgic going through them... loved collecting them as a kid.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:01 AM 08-29-2022
As of this morning we have a new record for the highest priced sale of a sports collectible, beating out the $6 million Honus Wagner rookie and the $9 million Diego Maradona jersey….a $12.6 million SGC 9.5 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna45156
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:53 PM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Thanks. When I was a kid, I cataloged each binder with something like "Topps '86" and then all of the card numbers from that set, just on notepad paper.... over the years I've thought about going the Excel route, but I have a shit ton of cards. Mostly 80s-90s, some older and probably nothing later than ~'98. They do very little besides move wherever I go, then sit in the basement.

I'd only like values to pick out the ones that are worth more than a dime per dozen. I started with CollX, which as advertised, isn't great, but has a lot of potential to be great. Of the top ~10 I scanned that I thought might be worth something, it was about $200 (and of course that's just uploading without any kind of rating or even guess at quality). :-) I have a few full sets, too, that don't seem great Googling/Ebaying.

The app seems like a great way to catalog when it properly finds a card and uploads it to their system (it scanned most... maybe up to 90% of them, but the uploading took forever in the background), but just like Excel or any other method, would absolutely take forever.

It's nostalgic going through them... loved collecting them as a kid.
Many years ago I went through everything I collected as a kid from back when I started in 1985. Even found my Garbage Pail Kids cards from 1984, back when my pack ripping addiction as a kid really started. Any way, my mother wanted them out of her house and after me being gone 20+ years at that point I guess I could see why. So I got them home and went through each one individually and pulled all the stars, minor stars, rookies, etc . Threw away so much junk wax bullshit that I filled up a recycle bin of nothing but bent and torn nobodies. Still had about 50K cards after getting rid of many more and gave all but just a few to my son after that. It's all his shit to move around now. :-)

Definitely brought back the memories going through them again though. More so of how much my mother is a saint for buying me so many packs of cards when I was kid.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:59 PM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
As of this morning we have a new record for the highest priced sale of a sports collectible, beating out the $6 million Honus Wagner rookie and the $9 million Diego Maradona jersey….a $12.6 million SGC 9.5 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna45156
Crazy price. Always interesting to watch if high value items actually get paid or not. Probably will have to wait a week or 2 for this payment to process.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:25 PM 08-29-2022
Crazy price. Always interesting to watch if high value items actually get paid or not. Probably will have to wait a week or 2 for this payment to process.
This is Heritage Auctions, not eBay. This is getting paid.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:28 PM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
This is Heritage Auctions, not eBay. This is getting paid.
There are high dollar auctions that don't get paid all the time.

There are a couple people that follow these auctions then make videos of the higher dollar value items. You would be surprised how many of these auctions don't actually get paid. Even from Heritage Auctions. Who BTW is still dealing with their last controversy.
[Reply]
DCTwister 07:31 PM 08-29-2022
I picked up this a little before Len passed. RIP!
Attached: 86EA2D07-AEAE-416E-8235-C762833D2533.jpg (74.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:34 PM 08-29-2022
Many years ago I went through everything I collected as a kid from back when I started in 1985. Even found my Garbage Pail Kids cards from 1984, back when my pack ripping addiction as a kid really started. Any way, my mother wanted them out of her house and after me being gone 20+ years at that point I guess I could see why. So I got them home and went through each one individually and pulled all the stars, minor stars, rookies, etc . Threw away so much junk wax bullshit that I filled up a recycle bin of nothing but bent and torn nobodies. Still had about 50K cards after getting rid of many more and gave all but just a few to my son after that. It's all his shit to move around now. :-)

Definitely brought back the memories going through them again though. More so of how much my mother is a saint for buying me so many packs of cards when I was kid.
Holy shit that's a lot. :-)

I might have ~10k... I think one of those large 4 column boxes holds like 4-5k, plus several more sleeves and several binders. Fortunately doesn't take up a ton of space, which is pretty much why I keep them around.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 56
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up