ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 240 of 435
« First < 140190230236237238239240 241242243244250290340 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:24 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Even so, thats a position that usually gets picked over pretty good early. I'd be surprised if one of the top level ones is there in the late 30's.
Don't need to be. Just the early 30's, specifically #32. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:24 AM 12-01-2020
Even so, thats a position that usually gets picked over pretty good early. I'd be surprised if one of the top level ones is there in the late 30's.
That’s the thing, there’s not a lot of elite guys (1 or 2), just a lot of very good prospects. The sweet spot for this edge rusher class will be 20-50.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:25 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I like this way of thinking especially w Spags as our DC who has a good history w beast defensive lines. Also w how much teams pass nowadays I feel like pass rushers are more valuable than they ever were before.
Andy Reid drafted a ton of DL in Philly. He values the position as well.

I think we see an edge rusher high this offseason. If nothing else, it gives them flexibility with Clark's contract.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:29 AM 12-01-2020
This.

Defense these days is about having 11 good players. I think the days of having holes covered by elite players are just gone. Offenses are too good and the league is too geared towards offense.

When you have a stacked defense like say, last years 9ers team or the Steelers this year, your Watts and Bosa's make a huge difference because they have guys around them.

When it's just them, it's just too easy to pick that team apart, especially over the long haul of the season. I think you pay the stars for when the lights are the brightest though.
I've posted it several times for various reasons but last year's 49ers are the perfect example.

Without Dee Ford on the field, the 49ers pass rush efficiency dropped by FOURTY NINE percent last year.

That doesn't mean Bosa and Buckner were scrubs but obviously NFL teams are built to take advantage of matchups.

If you have a GREAT shutdown CB#1 but your slot corner is trash, you're going to get burned by it. That's just the way the NFL works now with everything slanted towards offense.
[Reply]
O.city 11:34 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That’s the thing, there’s not a lot of elite guys (1 or 2), just a lot of very good prospects. The sweet spot for this edge rusher class will be 20-50.
If that is the case, trade back and take 2!
[Reply]
O.city 11:35 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've posted it several times for various reasons but last year's 49ers are the perfect example.

Without Dee Ford on the field, the 49ers pass rush efficiency dropped by FOURTY NINE percent last year.

That doesn't mean Bosa and Buckner were scrubs but obviously NFL teams are built to take advantage of matchups.

If you have a GREAT shutdown CB#1 but your slot corner is trash, you're going to get burned by it. That's just the way the NFL works now with everything slanted towards offense.
Pretty much.

Although I'd always go for a stud somewhere than not, if you dont' have competency every where you're in trouble.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:36 AM 12-01-2020
If that is the case, trade back and take 2!
Honestly, trading back might be the way to go. We’re already likely going to have an extra 3, 4, and 5. You add another 2 or 3 and Veach can do some serious damage.

But if they love a guy at 29-32, you can take them and still have a ton of picks to work with.

I’m very excited for this draft. I think Veach knocks it out the park again.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:37 AM 12-01-2020
Clark had three tackles and one sack...in NOVEMBER.
[Reply]
O.city 11:38 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Honestly, trading back might be the way to go. We’re already likely going to have an extra 3, 4, and 5. You add another 2 or 3 and Veach can do some serious damage.

But if they love a guy at 29-32, you can take them and still have a ton of picks to work with.

I’m very excited for this draft. I think Veach knocks it out the park again.
It's nice to have that 5th year option, but if you can hit on 2nd rounders, they're so damn cheap.

I'd take the chance, trade back and try to add more 2/3 round picks.
[Reply]
-King- 11:53 AM 12-01-2020
Nah, you need all around good players up front. It's too easy for offenses to identify guys good vs the run and shitty rushers etc.

Super athletic DL are the way of the future.
It's also too easy for good QBs to attack a defense that doesn't force consistent pressure.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 11:59 AM 12-01-2020
What have you done for me lately Frankie...I WANT whats COMIN' TO MEEEE....
[Reply]
New World Order 12:01 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Clark had three tackles and one sack...in NOVEMBER.
:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:04 PM 12-01-2020
We got more out Justin Houston and Tamba Hali.

Frank is my favorite Chief on D, but lets not make bullshit excuses like "he'll turn it on in the playoffs".

He's not being paid $100M for only 2-3 games.

He's not living up to expectations or his contract. Lets not sugar coat it. I like the guy a lot too, but lets be real here.
[Reply]
morphius 12:38 PM 12-01-2020
I wish I would have caught it before they deleted it, but the one player I follow on twitter posted something along the lines of, "people want to complain about the players, but sometimes it is the coaching, or over coaching". It was not Clark, but just thought it was interesting...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:41 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He's not living up to expectations or his contract. Lets not sugar coat it. I like the guy a lot too, but lets be real here.
Sammy Watkins is the Chiefs biggest offender in this category.

The Chiefs have shelled out $40 million dollars for 1,452 yards and 8 TD's over the past 2.5 seasons.
[Reply]
Page 240 of 435
« First < 140190230236237238239240 241242243244250290340 > Last »
Up