« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Top gun trailer
Sorry 01:44 PM 07-18-2019
Couldn't find a thread.

https://youtu.be/qSqVVswa420
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:23 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
BTW, the didn't "woke up" the show having the female pilot being the best.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Stryker 05:15 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Where am I?

Earth!
"It's the only look I have"
[Reply]
Stryker 05:17 PM 05-31-2022
Saw this today and I loved it! Thought it was exactly what I expected going into it. They did an awesome job with the film and love the "parallels" to the original. :-)
[Reply]
Stryker 05:22 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
If you eject at mach10+ you're not living to tell about it afterwards lol. That's almost 8,000 mph.

F15 pilot talks about ejecting at 800mph and how it crush his orbital bones, fractures vertebrate, broken limbs, getting knocked out only to wake up hanging in a parachute. Was lucky to get out of that alive.

Imagine going 10x that fast. It'd rip your body apart.

And does Maverick own a car?
Now I thought the very same thing - he gone! But, it is a "movie". Yes, he would have been destroyed. Ejecting from that mach 10+ airplane - I get it. I actually was expecting a 6 weeks earlier.. at that point. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:21 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
If you eject at mach10+ you're not living to tell about it afterwards lol. That's almost 8,000 mph.

F15 pilot talks about ejecting at 800mph and how it crush his orbital bones, fractures vertebrate, broken limbs, getting knocked out only to wake up hanging in a parachute. Was lucky to get out of that alive.

Imagine going 10x that fast. It'd rip your body apart.

And does Maverick own a car?
I’d imagine a hypersonic jet wouldn’t have an ejection seat but rather a ‘pod’ designed for surviveability. Something similar to the space shuttle. The belief is that the challenger astronauts, at least some of them, survived the breakup because their pod absorbed the forces involved. Unfortunately the chutes didn’t work.
[Reply]
Snica 08:48 PM 05-31-2022
Absolutely incredible experience! 10 out of 10 would do again!

Then there's Jennifer. My lord.
[Reply]
Stewie 08:59 PM 05-31-2022
I've heard many good things about this movie. Loved the original.

Tickets bought for tomorrow. It's supposed to be a cloudy, rainy day. Perfect movie-going weather.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:11 PM 06-01-2022
Tom is a nutball for sure but he's a great movie star. MAVERICK WAS BADASS!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:02 PM 06-01-2022
A+ for action that’s for damn sure. The classic American summer blockbuster is back - we’ve been missing them. A lot actually.

Cruise proves star power still matters in HollyWeird. Honestly if he didn’t make it back to this film, if they tried a new actor for this role, or did a re-make, or a new story, it’d have flopped. I’d have never seen it personally. He can carry a film on his back like Atlas.

The plot was pretty thin. Of course I reminded myself I wasn’t there for a damn plot anyway! My boys were enthralled by it.

Didn’t know it was Jen Connolly until the credits. Good gracious that is one glorious female.

Finally, I REALLY appreciated no steamy, forced love scene. Just two people rekindling something we don’t really know much about. With kids in tow, I didn’t need another Berlin to sing a sex-song.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:02 PM 06-03-2022
Well, I just saw it.

I did enjoy it, but like most movies that get hyped all to hell beforehand, not nearly as much as I had hoped I would.

I guess I'll still spoiler my thoughts.

Spoiler!

One thing I won't spoiler - we stayed until the end of the credits because one of my wife's FB friends to her there was a post credits scene. There wasn't.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:39 PM 06-04-2022
Good write up man. Didnt know you had it in you

The clearly obv location they were attacking was Iran. Everyone should’ve been able to spot that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:57 PM 06-05-2022
Saw it today. They had every cliche imaginable making an appearance in this movie. Every person in this film was predictable as were their actions. Yet, it was still entertaining.

Using real DOD F-18’s and the access that the DOD allowed made this movie unlike any before it. You didn’t need CGI to show the action or speed of the jets. Best dog fights ever filmed.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:29 AM 06-06-2022
I loved it. Wasn’t a huge fan of the original growing up, just wasn’t a movie that I watched over and over again, but found this movie to hit all the right notes. Tom Cruise maybe a strange individual, but he’s made some of my most favorite films and knows what resonates with the audience. Wonderful film, paid homage all throughout the run time, and I’m glad that this movie was as good as it was given the amount of time it took to come out. Not sure I’d be as interested in the young cast if they ever made another without Cruise, but this is like Terminator 2 to me, just an amazing time at the movies for a sequel.
[Reply]
notorious 07:57 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Saw it today. They had every cliche imaginable making an appearance in this movie. Every person in this film was predictable as were their actions. Yet, it was still entertaining.

Using real DOD F-18’s and the access that the DOD allowed made this movie unlike any before it. You didn’t need CGI to show the action or speed of the jets. Best dog fights ever filmed.
They only charged 10k an hour to use an F-18. Granted, the actors rode bitch in the back but still.

I'd line up in a heartbeat for that deal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:31 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Yup.

You and Frazod are absolutely correct - there was nothing from a story perspective that made that movie unique. And frankly, I want to go see it removed from the 'burden' of watching the story just so I can appreciate the cinematography.

Because that's what truly made the movie.

To me it was a lot like Dunkirk. Dunkirk is a fairly dull, lifeless movie on television. But on a large screen it was incredible. Maverick is the same animal.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up