ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 51
« First < 404647484950 51 >
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:40 PM 07-27-2022
Interesting thought. . . Is Delores scripting the outliers?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:19 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Interesting thought. . . Is Delores scripting the outliers?
She's unaware that she's Neo in the new host utopia, it's very lazy writing .

Teddy is Whiteboy Morphius
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:59 AM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
She's unaware that she's Neo in the new host utopia, it's very lazy writing .

Teddy is Whiteboy Morphius
I think Haloris made her that way because she's come to terms with the fact that only a fresh copy will be able to develop free will.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:47 AM 08-01-2022
Anyone tired of Tess Thompson's schtick this season? It's like she's intentionally overacting and trying for some deep and ominous voice. I like her acting and she's been good / great in everything I've seen her in but this season...ugh...I cannot stand her acting.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:43 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Anyone tired of Tess Thompson's schtick this season? It's like she's intentionally overacting and trying for some deep and ominous voice. I like her acting and she's been good / great in everything I've seen her in but this season...ugh...I cannot stand her acting.
Tess Thompson is playing her role in a complicated way. Evan Rachel Wood coached her and Thompson studied Wood's version of Dolores. Thompson even sat and watched Wood act out the Halores scenes from this season to use as a benchmark. Basically Tess Thompson is trying to play Even Rachel Wood playing a broken version of Dolores.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 09:01 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
... Ed Harris is ****ing acting his old balls off.....
Really? I would surprised if all his cue card says is "Act menacing" - which he does very well - but it is sort of a one note theme.

I've kept up with this show, but I swear - I fall asleep during a lot of episode. The style of dialog delivery is generally very low key for long periods of time, interrupted by some scenes of violence.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:13 PM 11-04-2022
Canceled. No tie it all up ending.

HBO has switched off #Westworld.

The acclaimed sci-fi drama is canceled after its recent fourth season, despite creators hoping for a fifth season to wrap things up: https://t.co/bhOUElJwBB pic.twitter.com/1K1IfjlqFp

— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) November 4, 2022

[Reply]
listopencil 12:26 AM 11-05-2022
That's too bad, but the show just fell off a cliff compared to its old self.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:26 AM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
That's too bad, but the show just fell off a cliff compared to its old self.
How immediate was that fall? I remember thinking season 1 was some of the best TV ever, and then I got to like episode 3 of season 2 and could feel my interest waning. I "think" I finished that season, but never queued up season 3.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:15 AM 11-05-2022
I stopped watching midway thru season 2. Is this show still any good?

Did watch ep 1 and 2 of peripheral and looked good.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:16 AM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
How immediate was that fall? I remember thinking season 1 was some of the best TV ever, and then I got to like episode 3 of season 2 and could feel my interest waning. I "think" I finished that season, but never queued up season 3.
We never finished season 2 here. The only other show I have soured on so quickly come season 2 was Heroes but that had a lot to do with the writers strike.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:35 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
For me it was the William reveal that started the downfall of the show.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:06 PM 11-05-2022
I can’t tell you how much I disliked this last season. Completely disjointed. I watched it completely out of obligation rather than enjoyment.

This news is a relief.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:06 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I can’t tell you how much I disliked this last season. Completely disjointed. I watched it completely out of obligation rather than enjoyment.

This news is a relief.
I couldn't bring myself to even watch S4 this time around. Doubt I ever will at this point.

Every season before that had unfulfilled promise and it just didn't seem to me the writers ever had a clue where they wanted to go with the story and what they wanted to do with the characters.
[Reply]
srvy 06:33 PM 11-05-2022
Went off the rails and became unwatchable. No wrapping that shitshow up.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 51
« First < 404647484950 51 >
Up