ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 172
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
stumppy 09:37 AM 02-12-2015
:-)

Damnit, I missed it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:14 AM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)

Damnit, I missed it.
Both episodes are free watches on AMC's website!
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:31 PM 02-12-2015
Finally caught the two episodes.

I thought they were really good. Maybe better than the first two of Breaking Bad.

I was sure I'd tire of Saul's schtick where he talks fast and babbles out jokes, but it was really toned down and a lot of other very good acting filled the void. Depending on where the story goes, this could be very very good.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:36 PM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
Watch Breaking Bad episode 8. It was an awesome episode from beginning to end.

Saul's introduction. :-)

He even tells Walt his real name is "McGill".
I watched it today as well to see his introduction. Definitely a great episode but I was surprised it was not until near the end of season 2 that he showed up. He became such an integral part of the story that I forgot how long he wasn't involved.
[Reply]
Buck 11:40 PM 02-12-2015
Holy shit that feeling at the end of every episode is exactly the feeling at the end of every BB episode. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END NOW?!?!
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:10 AM 02-13-2015
I watched the first two episodes tonight on PSTV. Excellent show IMHO. You can see where he met his team, how he got into the game and how his personality changed.

I think this has a lot of potential.
[Reply]
frankotank 02:46 PM 02-13-2015
can't wait to see how mike goes from parking lot booth guy to private dick / stone cold killer
[Reply]
BWillie 03:23 PM 02-13-2015
Loved the intro in Ep 1, the flash forward black & white scene. Goes back to when he told Walt he could make him disappear, or something along the lines you don't want to be a Omaha Cinnabon Manager.
[Reply]
NewChief 03:37 PM 02-13-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:
can't wait to see how mike goes from parking lot booth guy to private dick / stone cold killer
He was a stone cold killer from back east (dirty cop) before ending up in the ABQ. So he's already that, he's just hiding out (or something) as a parking booth attendant.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:16 PM 02-13-2015
Funny bit, but would Saul really keep forgetting over and over again his parking stickers?
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:11 PM 02-13-2015
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Funny bit, but would Saul really keep forgetting over and over again his parking stickers?
They short him.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:39 PM 02-14-2015
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The clerk at the courthouse doesnt like him, so she shorts him on the stickers. You can see at the end of ep2 he brings her an offering or something.

Hilarious bit where Saul/McGill calls hima Troll...Under a Bridge...in the tone and delivery that only Saul makes loveable
[Reply]
DeezNutz 06:07 PM 02-14-2015
Un****ingbelievable first two episodes. Amazing beginning to the series.

All the brilliance of BB without waiting for producers to hit their stride.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:12 PM 02-14-2015
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
Un****ingbelievable first two episodes. Amazing beginning to the series.

All the brilliance of BB without waiting for producers to hit their stride.
Exactly how I felt. They have been there and done it. Now they are just presenting it and starting it right.
[Reply]
Buck 06:14 PM 02-14-2015
What day is this on? I went to DVR it for Sunday and it wasn't listed.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 172
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up