ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Lincoln, NE...
philfree 09:24 PM 08-12-2022
I've stayed over here a few times at the Corn Husker Inn(the restaurant here sucks) and I'm not impressed. Is there anything worth a corn shit in this town?
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:14 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Heat and humidity = flies.

You've been in mountain country far to long. Us low landers deal with flies. Ozarks is bad this time a year to

Have a mosquito story from 3 years ago.

Went out to a new reservoir I'd never fished.
Showed up, just before sun up.
Got out of the car to get shit ready and could hear this hi pitch humming, coming from all diffrent directions.
Once it was light enough to see. It was clouds of mosquitos,the size of semi trailers. Out in the cornfields, hovering a few feet above the corn. Never seen or heard anything around here like that before.
They should do something about them. Maybe import giant leaping spiders or hordes of bats or something.

But now that I think about it, you'd think that hunting populations would increase to keep the flies in check and there would be a natural increase in fly-eating birds or bats or insects when the air is thick with flies. Why is that not happening? I could have eaten my own weight in flies if I had chosen to do so.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:18 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Best entertainment options in Lincoln are cow tipping and ****ing your relatives.
Ever been to Pussy Heaven philfree?
[Reply]
frozenchief 05:27 PM 09-07-2022
Heat and humidity = flies.

You've been in mountain country far to long. Us low landers deal with flies. Ozarks is bad this time a year to

Have a mosquito story from 3 years ago.

Went out to a new reservoir I'd never fished.
Showed up, just before sun up.
Got out of the car to get shit ready and could hear this hi pitch humming, coming from all diffrent directions.
Once it was light enough to see. It was clouds of mosquitos,the size of semi trailers. Out in the cornfields, hovering a few feet above the corn. Never seen or heard anything around here like that before.
When I lived in rural (bush) Alaska, we lived where Lake Aleknagik met the Wood river. That particular point of land is called 'Mosquito Point'. It got its name for a reason.

First time I went hunting, I went up river with a buddy. We got a caribou and it was back in a slough off the main channel of the river. Really slow moving water. Bugs were bad as we approached the downed caribou. I was with a co-worker who had lived out there for years. He volunteered to cut up the caribou because he could do it quickly. And he did. Took him about 15 minutes to have it quartered out.

He was going to cut it open to remove the guts and I was going to hold the sides open to give him better access. Before he did, he told me to put on my mosquito netting hat. I thought, "There are a lot of mosquitos but they aren't bad. But I"ll do what he says." So, I put on the mosquito net hat. He sliced open that caribou and I had never before seen such a horde of flies, mosquitos, and white socks (a type of biting fly that are a pain in the ass).

I did not know to bring gloves. And holding the caribou open, my hands got bloody. I looked at my hands at one point and they were just black there were so many bugs on them. They itched for days from mosquito bites and fly bites. But I had caribou for the winter. And every time I went hunting afterward, I took some gloves.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:57 PM 09-07-2022
That is crazy.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:22 PM 09-07-2022
That is crazy.
Randy's Roadhouse kinda sucks
[Reply]
srvy 06:58 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I spent a lot of time in rural Minnesota this month staring at cornfields, and then drove across rural Nebraska for a couple of days. I have one word to describe my experience.

Flies.

WTF is with all of the flies? I presume it has some connection with fertilizer, but the flies were off the hook. At one point I made the mistake of rolling my car window down for a half-hour or so while I was parked, and when I got back in there were 12 to 14 flies that had taken up residence inside, and they refused to leave. There were flies everywhere I went. I stayed at a hotel that actually provided a fly swatter.

At one point I was on the SD-MN border, and I stopped at a McDonald's for lunch. Two booths away, a group of farmers congregated one by one. There were two, and then three, and then four, and so on. Some enormous pickup would pull into the lot and they'd say, "There's Merle. It looks like he's in town for fertilizer."

But anyway, a couple of these farmers brought fly swatters into the McDonalds with them and they hunted flies for sport. I would be peacefully eating my burger and then suddenly - SWACK! - one of them would go after a fly right next to me. I realize that they were providing a positive public service, but it was kind of disconcerting. It reminded me of those guys planning to rob the drug dealer in Boogie Nights, and that little Chinese guy would keep startling them with firecrackers.

It was an awesome scene, but you don't like being the one getting constantly startled by firecrackers and/or fly swatters.

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:36 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Old market/Riverfront area is where I would hang out.

Zipline, Thunderhead, and Upstream Breweries.

Spaggetti Factory.
Spaggetti Works dude...
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:18 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
At some point I discovered the single greatest way to kill flies. I don't remember if I read it somewhere or if I discovered it myself, but it's a 100 percent effective killer.

You get a plastic to-go spoon.

You bend the spoon a bit to get tension into it, and then position it over the fly. You can get it close to the fly and still be far enough away to not trigger its flee instinct. Position it over the fly, get the tension built up, and then release it.

Bam.

100 percent kill rate. It's completely accurate and always effective.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up