ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 38
« First < 283435363738
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
O.city 02:02 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You wanna do some work for free man!!?!?!
Nah, not today.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:08 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nah, not today.
You wouldn't offer a discount to your fellow Chiefs planet brethren?

I could engage you about some good 1st round pick for player discussion if it would lower my bill if that time comes.
[Reply]
O.city 02:26 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You wouldn't offer a discount to your fellow Chiefs planet brethren?

I could engage you about some good 1st round pick for player discussion if it would lower my bill if that time comes.
I'd charge you extra for that.
[Reply]
scho63 01:52 PM 03-21-2024
I am so overdue for a dentist it's not funny. Last one was around 2015 in Virginia.

Looking for a recommendation from all my doctors but none so far. Wanting one that does sonic cleaning.

I have a broken lower first molar where I had a root canal like 25-30 years ago and it sheared off at the gum line. Looks horrible. Have another 1/4 broken lower back molar and other small chips and crap. They are discolored from cigars.

I hate my teeth.
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 03-22-2024
Got a lady coming in today that I'm gonna do some extensive crown and bridge/removable partial work on. She'd rather do implants, but due to lack of bone the surgeon doesn't think she's a candidate for them, unless we do some GBR grafting, which even with that it can be pretty difficult.

So I'm gonna do some precision attachments on a couple crowns around edentulous spaces and make partials that "lock" in. It will allow us to do away with any metal clasping, she's fairly vain and doesn't want that.

Then, I had a patient that we had made and upper and lower denture for, ready to deliver. His wife called today and informed us that he had passed and they would like me to go to the funeral home to deliver them so he can have them for the funeral.

I....don't think I wanna od that.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:36 AM 03-22-2024
\

Then, I had a patient that we had made and upper and lower denture for, ready to deliver. His wife called today and informed us that he had passed and they would like me to go to the funeral home to deliver them so he can have them for the funeral.

Make sure the wife knows they are his, and will be charged for them. They are non-refundable.
[Reply]
O.city 09:59 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Make sure the wife knows they are his, and will be charged for them. They are non-refundable.
Yeah, I called and talked to her.

I offered to refund a portion of the fees he had paid and she said that would be fine. So we're all good on that.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:10 AM 03-22-2024
Got a lady coming in today that I'm gonna do some extensive crown and bridge/removable partial work on. She'd rather do implants, but due to lack of bone the surgeon doesn't think she's a candidate for them, unless we do some GBR grafting, which even with that it can be pretty difficult.

So I'm gonna do some precision attachments on a couple crowns around edentulous spaces and make partials that "lock" in. It will allow us to do away with any metal clasping, she's fairly vain and doesn't want that.

You should have kept the money and told her you weren't the husband's dentist. That's a clever trick.
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
You should have kept the money and told her you weren't the husband's dentist. That's a clever trick.
Never use the same trick twice!!

Sadly, he was a long time patient, they're a good family. I wrote her a check today, she's gonna come by and get it. I blocked off time on the schedule this week for the girls and myself to go to the funeral.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:11 AM 03-22-2024
I've had some scuba students throughout the years who needed a filling do-over because of trapped air under their current filling. In fact I have a student who will be leaving on a trip in a couple of weeks who I did scuba refresher for who needs to get in and have it done in sort of an emergency fashion, or risk not diving/painful diving.

How does that (air trapped under a filling) happen?
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 03-22-2024
I've never heard of that, but theoretically.....

Most restorative fillings and such now are composite (white, tooth colored) and are bonded in. There are multiple different bonding systems we use, but for the most part they all use the same steps

First there is an acid etch that etches the enamel rods and prepares them for the bond, then a bonding agent is applied. The bonding agent has to be air dried to blow off the reagent (I can't remember which one or what that is), then UV light cured. THen you place the composite resin in layers and cure each.

If you over dry or under dry the bond you can introduce some air, so that would be my guess as to what the "trapped air" would be?

I've had some issues in the past with patients having post op sensitivity on these, mostly chalk it up to moisture as these are to be placed with no moisture present. Inadequate bond or light cure can cause leakage which leads to sensitivity. But I've never really thought about the air trap stuff. Interesting though.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:50 PM 03-22-2024
I've never heard of that, but theoretically.....

Most restorative fillings and such now are composite (white, tooth colored) and are bonded in. There are multiple different bonding systems we use, but for the most part they all use the same steps

First there is an acid etch that etches the enamel rods and prepares them for the bond, then a bonding agent is applied. The bonding agent has to be air dried to blow off the reagent (I can't remember which one or what that is), then UV light cured. THen you place the composite resin in layers and cure each.

If you over dry or under dry the bond you can introduce some air, so that would be my guess as to what the "trapped air" would be?

I've had some issues in the past with patients having post op sensitivity on these, mostly chalk it up to moisture as these are to be placed with no moisture present. Inadequate bond or light cure can cause leakage which leads to sensitivity. But I've never really thought about the air trap stuff. Interesting though.
Here are some articles about it:

https://www.emedicinehealth.com/wild...article_em.htm

https://dan.org/alert-diver/article/...d-air-pockets/

https://scubaboard.com/community/thr...queeze.580481/

I've never experienced it, but I've had some students who feel it in the pool as shallow as 10-13 feet. Yikes..
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:06 PM 03-23-2024
What's the grossest mouth you've ever seen?
[Reply]
O.city 01:33 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
What's the grossest mouth you've ever seen?
Had some pretty severe periodontitis patients, they put off a wicked smell. That would be my guess.
[Reply]
O.city 01:35 PM 04-15-2024
Had an amish patient come in that had seen a traveling "amish" dentist who tried to pull a tooth on him and fractured his entire palatal shelf. I just blinked and looked at it and said "yeah, this isn't something I can handle" and had him head to the ER/Oral Surgeon.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 38
« First < 283435363738
Up